Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#31,363 ·
LPG blown engine out,

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

New engine in, got to late before we finished up in the middle of the night, for pics, atleast its in there, next to mount transfer, and rest og remaing bits and pieces.

Good teamwork Leffy, Thumbsup

#31,364 ·
Finally finished wet-vacuuming every single inch of carpet in a WJ (including cargo area), including headliner removal > wet-vacuuming > drying > re-installing... was a major PITA, took 3 days but now it's as clean as can be :2thumbsup: The water extracted from the carpets/headliner looked like coke... :eek: Now what's left to do is cleaning/reconditioning leather and all vinyl/plastic, and the "cleaning of the decade" should be finished :)

Attachments

#31,365 ·
Finally finished wet-vacuuming every single inch of carpet in a WJ (including cargo area), including headliner removal > wet-vacuuming > drying > re-installing... was a major PITA, took 3 days but now it's as clean as can be :2thumbsup: The water extracted from the carpets/headliner looked like coke... :eek: Now what's left to do is cleaning/reconditioning leather and all vinyl/plastic, and the "cleaning of the decade" should be finished :)
I did this when I replaced the heater core in my '00. Although I didn't fully remove the carpet, I did pull the seats and center console. I couldn't believe how black/gunky the water that came out of the carpet cleaner was. It's definitely worth the effort to do this, especially if the vehicle is new to you.

#31,366 ·
I did this when I replaced the heater core in my '00. Although I didn't fully remove the carpet, I did pull the seats and center console. I couldn't believe how black/gunky the water that came out of the carpet cleaner was. It's definitely worth the effort to do this, especially if the vehicle is new to you.
Yep, I did this because the vehicle is new to me and the previous owner was a smoker - I wanted to get rid of the smell. I didn't remove the floor carpet, just soaked with chemicals, vacuumed, rinsed, vacuumed. Only removed the headliner. This level of cleaning is a real PITA to do thoroughly, I definitely wouldn't do it again - only have enough will to do it once when a car is "new to me". :)

#31,369 ·
returned the caliper i bought. replaced the rotors and pads and had some sticking thinking a caliper was locked holding pressure to the rotor.
after a day of driving the new brake smell is gone and temps of the wheels are no longer close to the temps of the rotors. just really didn't want to put more work than needed right now

#31,370 ·
I gave my 2002 WJ 4.7 a tuneup yesterday. I decided to install the Autolite Double Platinum plugs based on some of the members' recommendations. The main reason choosing the Autolites was cutting down the frequency of changing plugs. ( I'm not sure where I'll be living in a couple years so I might not have a driveway to do my own auto repair. So I figured it will be one less thing to worry about in the future ) I had an Advanced Auto $25 off $50 coupon so ordered the Autolites and air filter... total price was around $32.

The first Champion plug I pulled didn't look bad at all. The gap was a hair over .040, but the center electrode was a little worn on one side. At first I was hesitant to proceed since the gap was very close to spec, but decided to proceed. The two back plugs were a pain but not too bad when compared to changing plugs in a Dodge Caravan V6. All the plugs I pulled were a nice tannish/brown color... nice to know the engine is healthy at 136,000+ miles!

I wasn't expecting much of a performance improvement since most of the original plugs were in the .040-.045 range... one was .050. But man I was wrong. Giving it the gas there was no initial hesitation like there was with the original Champions, and building up speed the engine sounded/ran so much smoother. Was super surprised. The original plugs had about 15,000 miles on them.

So I'm quite happy with the tuneup! Thanks for all the info guys!

#31,376 ·
Replaced the dead hood struts with Strongarms and replaced the rusted out window wipes on all 4 windows.The window wipes were just absolutely rotten with rust, Im so glad to have that junk off my WJ.

Next up is Kolak exhaust install (already ordered), new head unit, and replacing the rear speakers. Recommendations on HU and speakers are welcomed.

#31,377 ·
replaced ball joints, JKS tracbar, Stabilizer, TREs, axles bushings, upper and lower adjustable control arms, and hub bearing assembly. STILL have absolutely AWFUL death wobble. Im in the process of getting an alignment. If that doesn't work then I have no clue what to do.
Over $1000 and I still have NO solution to my DW. :brickwall:brickwall

#31,378 ·
replaced ball joints, JKS tracbar, Stabilizer, TREs, axles bushings, upper and lower adjustable control arms, and hub bearing assembly. STILL have absolutely AWFUL death wobble. Im in the process of getting an alignment. If that doesn't work then I have no clue what to do.
Over $1000 and I still have NO solution to my DW. :brickwall:brickwall
Make sure your tires are balanced