What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1567 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 08-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #23491
Woliwi

2004 WJ 

Went for a drive

Went for Woliwi's first post lift test drive up my local hill....Otay Mountain.

Old Man Emu HD Springs * Bilstein 5100/5125 Shocks * Iron Rock Adj. LCA's & UCA's * JKS Adj. Trackbar w/ KOR Durometer Bushings * Moog Super Trail Boss Steering Stabilizer * Addco 1" Anti-Sway Bar w/ Energy Bushings * IRO Rear Ext. Endlinks * KOR .75 Front Poly Spacer * Falken Rocky Mountain LT 265/75/16 ATS on stock Silverblades #1
Woliwi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #23492
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woliwi View Post
Went for Woliwi's first post lift test drive up my local hill....Otay Mountain.

Is that where Buckwheat was from :-D

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 01:49 AM   #23493
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer-Bear View Post
Well, once you get one rebuilt, its nearly two grand. It makes sense to me to buy a low mileage one at a fraction of the price.. Idk, I'm cheap, but I expect mine I just put in to last another 150k. And actually the other day on EBay I saw a brand new Mopar 45RFE. Said it was brand spanking new. So maybe they're our there, maybe not.
Unless that transmission has been on a shelf for years it's not new. No one makes the housing anymore so there can be no "new" transmissions, only ones that have been rebuilt with new parts on the inside - commonly referred to as "new" (I referred to a new trans in my first post about this) even though they're not "new."
I agree with you, I'm cheap, too. I would get a low mileage used trans or rebuild my own if my trans ever went. Having the 42RE I guess I should say "when" and not "if."

**Edit - I just saw you that you were talking about the 545RFE. Since they might still use that setup in other vehicles Chrysler would still make them new, unlike the 42RE.
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 01:51 AM   #23494
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post
Is that where Buckwheat was from :-D

Your sig should say "Sent from 1955" after that comment.
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 04:04 AM   #23495
Trixie369
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scross1220

Very easy to do. Go to the ebay link below to get them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Cool-Whi...item4854dce3c0

Tap into the courtesy lighting such as the light under the dash and you are set to go.
Thank U
Unread 08-11-2013, 05:09 AM   #23496
Sarjam
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Where did you buy your LED bulbs from? Did you have to use any resistors?

I got all mine from superbrightleds.com, they have a bulb finder on the site that tells you exactly what is needed etc. I did not need any resistors, all were pretty much plug and play. I did all the overhead lights in cool white and the gauges in blue. It made a HUGE difference.
Unread 08-11-2013, 06:29 AM   #23497
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Sold the Girly Jeep's old stock Winter shoes for a great amount of $, to fund more wheels'n tires and other upgrades

Also put out an ad for my nearly new winter wheels, 18's Sahara's with 255/60/18 Nokian Hakkapelitta R SUV tires, hopefully i can Get back most of my money.

And put them towards full size 31" Winter tires, so its aint looking funny and stupid in Winter.
I will deff Go for Hakka's again, but this time in size 255/70/17, also need to start looking for some new 17's wheels.
image-3337527217.jpg

image-981656006.jpg

R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #23498
scross1220

2002 WJ 

Quote:
So, I am assuming the reddish dots are copper, and you just solder the wires to them?

Yes and cut and peel the clear stuff off the contacts

______ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[o]llllll[o]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

If you're not fixing it, you're not driving a Jeep.
scross1220 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 07:31 AM   #23499
SierraRipper
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scross1220 View Post

A Craftsman socket would not do that. You need better "Control" Ha Ha Ha
They're all craftsman haha except the top middle one. Thats a duralast,
SierraRipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #23500
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scross1220 View Post
I had to redo my under carrage lighting. The lift crushed some of my LED's. Move them to the under frame to avoid damage next time. These light only come on when I unlock or open the doors. I love them so much I had to do an encore posting. I am doing a strip of Hi-temperature in the front grill tonight.
Looks good. Always doing lighting on mine. Installed a strip in the back, already have them in the grill. Havent' dealt with underneath as of yet, although Ive done the front doors.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #23501
scross1220

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykaaro View Post
Looks good. Always doing lighting on mine. Installed a strip in the back, already have them in the grill. Havent' dealt with underneath as of yet, although Ive done the front doors.
Do you have a pic of what you have in the grill? I want to do the same thing I just do not want to melt them.

______ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

Unread 08-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #23502
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

I've used amber. They're in just behind the grill in front of the rad. One top side, one on the bottom. No issues with them melting at all. Harder part is having them stay in place.

Did this this past weekend. Tons of light for seeing in the back now.

5050SMD. They're not waterproof, but then again, don't really need to be.

Got my front LCA's that will go in tomorrow as well as an oil change. Got new stickers for my lift gate window so they'll be going on today. Back to normal. It looks naked right now.

Hit the wreckers and was a free parts day. $50 all you can carry. Picked up various engine parts that were virtually new off of one, coil pack, another grill, seals that I need to replace, and other small odds and ends. Another rear tailgate glass, just in case, and a cooler from a V8.

Cooler was attached to the fan/steering box. I'm thinking of using it as a tranny cooler. How best though to flush it out properly and use it as a tranny cooler though? Don't want the steering fluid to screw my tranny.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #23503
scross1220

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykaaro View Post
I've used amber. They're in just behind the grill in front of the rad. One top side, one on the bottom. No issues with them melting at all. Harder part is having them stay in place.

Did this this past weekend. Tons of light for seeing in the back now.

5050SMD. They're not waterproof, but then again, don't really need to be.

Got my front LCA's that will go in tomorrow as well as an oil change. Got new stickers for my lift gate window so they'll be going on today. Back to normal. It looks naked right now.

Hit the wreckers and was a free parts day. $50 all you can carry. Picked up various engine parts that were virtually new off of one, coil pack, another grill, seals that I need to replace, and other small odds and ends. Another rear tailgate glass, just in case, and a cooler from a V8.

Cooler was attached to the fan/steering box. I'm thinking of using it as a tranny cooler. How best though to flush it out properly and use it as a tranny cooler though? Don't want the steering fluid to screw my tranny.
Very nice indeed. Did the cooler some months ago and a fluid change. As for the LED's I used crazy glue on the back side. When you have a chance take a photo of your grill. I like to see it. I like the back LED's you did. I may do the same to give off some more light. I Changed all my lights to LED's but now I have a very slight glow when driving since they are a low draw. I will fix it by adding a load resistor to the circuit.

______ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

Unread 08-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #23504
jeepinjeepin
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAL23

I have a 25 as well...hopefully they'll have like a 5 and that'll work or something around that size
25' isn't overly long. Look for a 1/2" diameter hose in whatever length you need. Another trick I've pulled before is using a second tank with a T fitting as a surge tank between the main tank and the tool. That way you have the compressor and tank, long hose to get to work area, tank, and short hose to tool.
jeepinjeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #23505
Merc1973
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Geesh... The highest quote I got for an install was $600, and I got a low mileage tranny for $150.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJ539918 View Post
His was new and not used like yours. $600 for trans install seems like a decent price. I can't find a low mileage trans anywhere for $150. Was that for your 2WD?
Quote:
Well, once you get one rebuilt, its nearly two grand. It makes sense to me to buy a low mileage one at a fraction of the price.. Idk, I'm cheap, but I expect mine I just put in to last another 150k. And actually the other day on EBay I saw a brand new Mopar 45RFE. Said it was brand spanking new. So maybe they're our there, maybe not.
Cost of the re-manufactured tranny was $1990. Install (labor) was $540. The warrant was pretty decent. One of the largetst transmission shops wanted over $3k with a 24k mile/2 year warranty. I feel i got a good deal.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Merc1973 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.