Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#31,302 ·

Attachments

#31,303 ·
spud2388 said:
Went back to the alignment shop and had them tweak the steering wheel a little. Also, got on amazon and ordered a rear receiver d-ring shackle, air mattress, sleeping bag, led lantern, small propane grill, and plan on purchasing some Fawkes shackles for up front. Taking a trip to Uwharrie in a couple months with some friends and want to make sure I have the necessities. New Grabber AT2s on this next check hopefully, as well. $300 rebate from Discount Tire since I have a little over 34,000 on my current set and they are almost to 2/32" all the way around (60,000 mile warranty).
I you plan to sleep in the jeep. I suggest a queen sized memory foam. The air mattress will take up too much room and be a Pain.

#31,304 ·
ace4usmc said:
04 with the 4.0.

Of course now on the first trip after possibly getting that sorted out the driver door electrical gremlins have reared their ugly heads again. I already fixed the black wire but I wouldn't be surprised if it broke again. So until I can dig I to it on Sunday I'm stuck with all my windows up, gauge cluster lights all the way down unless I want the interior lights on, and a drivers door that doesn't lock or unlock with the FOB or the lock switches.
Had a chance to look at it today and it was the black wire again. Apparently an eight year old girl had crimped one side of the butt connector. This time I soldered in a short length of wire. Hopefully my soldering job is better than my...err her crimping job.

#31,305 ·
Good work done today to, by me and Leffy,

LPG system disconected at rail,

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Auto part Metal Automotive super charger part

luckily no bomb :)

Everything ells wrenched out of the Way, blown engine ready to pull next time.

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive air manifold

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

#31,306 ·
.....never overheats now.

.....well, since it's usually 90+ degrees, and 100 percent humidity, here...I wanted my WJ to run a bit cooler than 210-230 degrees. I decided to do some preventative maintenence. I replaced the radiator, the fan clutch, the water pump, the thermostat, and added an auxilliary trans cooler. Oh, and some new shocks, and a tire rotation. In the process of removing the radiator, I discovered a very small pinhole leak at the very top of my core....that would explain the temp creeping up slowly while sitting idle, in traffic. Evidently it was leaking over time, and I saw no evidence of it....ever, and I looked. Anyway....I also discovered the old water pump had a plastic impeller....you know, the kind that like to disintegrate, then you wonder why you're overheating. The new one has a metal, high flow impeller....piece of mind is always a good thing. The old thermostat was the standard 195....but, I replaced it with a 180 since it's always hot down here, shouldn't give me any issues. I also ran the trans cooler in series with the radiator-trans to radiator, out of radiator to aux. cooler, out of aux. cooler, back to trans. So far, so good. She's running great, and can idle all day long, in this heat, and doesn't touch the 210 mark....just the line before it. I'm happy with the results, and she seems to be too. It was a long day....I'm gonna go chill....have a great night, guys.....Thomas

#31,307 ·
I rotated my tires once before. Didnt help at all with the cooling.

.....well, since it's usually 90+ degrees, and 100 percent humidity, here...I wanted my WJ to run a bit cooler than 210-230 degrees. I decided to do some preventative maintenence. I replaced the radiator, the fan clutch, the water pump, the thermostat, and added an auxilliary trans cooler. Oh, and some new shocks, and a tire rotation. In the process of removing the radiator, I discovered a very small pinhole leak at the very top of my core....that would explain the temp creeping up slowly while sitting idle, in traffic. Evidently it was leaking over time, and I saw no evidence of it....ever, and I looked. Anyway....I also discovered the old water pump had a plastic impeller....you know, the kind that like to disintegrate, then you wonder why you're overheating. The new one has a metal, high flow impeller....piece of mind is always a good thing. The old thermostat was the standard 195....but, I replaced it with a 180 since it's always hot down here, shouldn't give me any issues. I also ran the trans cooler in series with the radiator-trans to radiator, out of radiator to aux. cooler, out of aux. cooler, back to trans. So far, so good. She's running great, and can idle all day long, in this heat, and doesn't touch the 210 mark....just the line before it. I'm happy with the results, and she seems to be too. It was a long day....I'm gonna go chill....have a great night, guys.....Thomas

#31,310 ·
#31,312 ·
I decided it was time to work on the rear trimming for the Bushwacker flares. I thought I would take some time to check the rear brakes and lube up contact points to get ride of squeaks that drive me crazy. The driver's side is pretty much done other than some trimming on the cladding on the door. Tomorrow my plan is to finish the flares once and for all. I am sure something will come up though. LOL.

Attachments

#31,317 ·
I replaced the front passenger window motor and regulator. Took about an hour.

Hunter

#31,318 ·
Nope, no ADDCO. Not sure why it's not drooped more than that. It usually drops a few more inches than that (still not much, I know). I'll check it out, probably need longer shocks as those are stock length.
Are your rear sb links extended? What's your rear a-arm set-up - spacer?

#31,319 ·
What started out as curiosity turned into a front bumper overhaul. I thought I would remove my front bumper just out of curiosity since I never have before, and ended up peeling the Plasti-Dip off, giving it a Baja trim and painting with truck bedliner. I get a lot of stuff done when my wife goes out of town!

Attachments