What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1565 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Reply
Unread 08-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #23461
scross1220
Member
 
scross1220's Avatar
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Potomac Falls, VA
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAL23 View Post
125psi and 12gal.

I had the same problem and had to go to a 33gal tank. Your tank is to small.

__________________

______ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[o]llllll[o]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)


If you're not fixing it, you're not driving a Jeep.
scross1220 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #23462
99WJ539918
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: , Northern New Jersey
Posts: 1,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by scross1220 View Post
I had to redo my under carrage lighting. The lift crushed some of my LED's. Move them to the under frame to avoid damage next time. These light only come on when I unlock or open the doors. I love them so much I had to do an encore posting. I am doing a strip of Hi-temperature in the front grill tonight.
Looks great.
Got a link to the stroker build? Very interested. Thanks.
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 08:40 PM   #23463
scross1220
Member
 
scross1220's Avatar
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Potomac Falls, VA
Posts: 332
Installed these last year n my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I love them so much I just ordered another set for my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Here is where I got them.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161080304450...84.m1423.l2649
image.jpg  
__________________

______ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[o]llllll[o]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)


If you're not fixing it, you're not driving a Jeep.
scross1220 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 08:40 PM   #23464
PHAL23
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by scross1220

I had the same problem and had to go to a 33gal tank. Your tank is to small.
Well for this project I might just cut the bolts and replace them...since I don't want to be purchasing a 33 right about now lol
PHAL23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #23465
scross1220
Member
 
scross1220's Avatar
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Potomac Falls, VA
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJ539918 View Post
Looks great.
Got a link to the stroker build? Very interested. Thanks.
I some photos but I got most of my info from the fourm. All of the machining was done locally at an engine shop and I got a new head because I had a crack in it. I will put up a link of what I do have.
__________________

______ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[o]llllll[o]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)


If you're not fixing it, you're not driving a Jeep.
scross1220 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #23466
jeepinjeepin
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAL23

Well for this project I might just cut the bolts and replace them...since I don't want to be purchasing a 33 right about now lol
The biggest part of the equation is the hose diameter and length. The fatter and shorter the better. You do need a large tank for running sanders and grinders and such.
jeepinjeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #23467
jeepinjeepin
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 132
And PSI, but you said you have 125 psi. If you can make a short hose and move the compressor near the Jeep I think you would be all set.
jeepinjeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #23468
PHAL23
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinjeepin

The biggest part of the equation is the hose diameter and length. The fatter and shorter the better. You do need a large tank for running sanders and grinders and such.
Makes sense...the hose I have is fairly long. I was just gonna use my electric angle grinder and cut through the bolts. But I don't know, there's quite a few compressors on Craigslist...maybe ill snag one when I'm back in town. I just didn't want to because I just bought this one
PHAL23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #23469
65novalt1ss
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Glasgow, KY
Posts: 139
Cleaned up my headlights and cut the ends off my old skyjackers for possible use on some homemade disconnects. If not, they'll be going in the trash with the shocks.
image-6356236.jpg

65novalt1ss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #23470
scross1220
Member
 
scross1220's Avatar
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Potomac Falls, VA
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAL23 View Post
Makes sense...the hose I have is fairly long. I was just gonna use my electric angle grinder and cut through the bolts. But I don't know, there's quite a few compressors on Craigslist...maybe ill snag one when I'm back in town. I just didn't want to because I just bought this one
I wish I had the luxury of having a shorter hose but my unit is fixed in place and has 3 ports on it for multiple connections. My jeep is too large to work in my garage. They don't make garages large enough anymore like the old days.
__________________

______ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[o]llllll[o]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)


If you're not fixing it, you're not driving a Jeep.
scross1220 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #23471
PHAL23
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by scross1220

I wish I had the luxury of having a shorter hose but my unit is fixed in place and has 3 ports on it for multiple connections. My jeep is too large to work in my garage. They don't make garages large enough anymore like the old days.
If I can get away with a short hose ill be set..I just move the whole thing next to my jeep...and i know what you mean by the garage...I have no room in mine either... Real small...but the driveway always works
PHAL23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #23472
scross1220
Member
 
scross1220's Avatar
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Potomac Falls, VA
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAL23 View Post
If I can get away with a short hose ill be set..I just move the whole thing next to my jeep...and i know what you mean by the garage...I have no room in mine either... Real small...but the driveway always works
I honestly didn't know about the hose thing though. I wonder how short a hose i need to get. I think I has 25 feet.
__________________

______ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[o]llllll[o]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)


If you're not fixing it, you're not driving a Jeep.
scross1220 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #23473
zephyr80
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: keizer, Oregon
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by scross1220 View Post
Installed these last year n my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I love them so much I just ordered another set for my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Here is where I got them.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161080304450...84.m1423.l2649
Are those just an overlay? and do out have to change the light underneath to get it to work like that? write up?

Sent from your back seat!!!
zephyr80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #23474
PHAL23
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by scross1220

I honestly didn't know about the hose thing though. I wonder how short a hose i need to get. I think I has 25 feet.
I have a 25 as well...hopefully they'll have like a 5 and that'll work or something around that size
PHAL23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #23475
rdkendrick
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 3,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarjam View Post
Replaced all the interior lights to LED, except for the heater controls and the center console- still debating if i want to change them out. Also received my cargo liner from Quadratec. Making progress everyday
Where did you buy your LED bulbs from? Did you have to use any resistors?

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.