What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1557 - JeepForum.com

 371Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #23341 of 42784 Old 08-07-2013, 03:17 PM
rcwj04
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Flemington
Posts: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord-steezus

Ive got 2 pans, the front pan has a drain plug, the pan further back beneath the bell housing does not, but says oil pan on it. The oil pan is definitely the front one, does that mean the trans pan is the one behind it.
...look at it this way, transmissions aren't in front of the engine. The oil pan in the front is under the engine and the oil pan in the back has a transmission above it.






Quote:
You forget that most members here don't own a crystal ball to tell you exactly what your problem is, specially with bad pictures that don't say/show much of anything... -Jacko84

Just a 19 year old kid with a Jeep, and broke because of it, and loving every moment.
---------------------------------------------------------------
2004 WJ Laredo 4.0 116k
2" BDS coils & Bilstein 5100's | Addco rear swaybar with energy bushings |
K&N FIPK | glasspack | plasti-dipped badges | 17" moabs | HID's, 245/65/17 Cooper Discover AT3 | Rola rack | Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs | Bed lined interior (what a pain that was)
rcwj04 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #23342 of 42784 Old 08-07-2013, 03:37 PM
cr8zynelly
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Wilmette
Posts: 864
Saw this while driving to work. . .laughed out loud and took a pic.
Attached Images
 
cr8zynelly is offline  
post #23343 of 42784 Old 08-07-2013, 04:19 PM
brouwmat
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 1,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr8zynelly
Saw this while driving to work. . .laughed out loud and took a pic.
Poor thing.. Look at it. Completely humiliated. Someone needs to save it or put it out of its misery.
brouwmat is offline  
post #23344 of 42784 Old 08-07-2013, 04:21 PM
brouwmat
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 1,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwj04

...look at it this way, transmissions aren't in front of the engine. The oil pan in the front is under the engine and the oil pan in the back has a transmission above it.
You sure? LOL.
brouwmat is offline  
post #23345 of 42784 Old 08-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Jer-Bear
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord-steezus View Post

Ive got 2 pans, the front pan has a drain plug, the pan further back beneath the bell housing does not, but says oil pan on it. The oil pan is definitely the front one, does that mean the trans pan is the one behind it.
Are you trolling? Lol

/ 2002 WJ 4.7 H.O. / Flowmaster 50 SUV / Magnaflow Cats / Rocking that 2WD! /
Jer-Bear is offline  
post #23346 of 42784 Old 08-07-2013, 05:35 PM
scross1220
Member
 
scross1220's Avatar
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Linden
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post
Which kit did you use I used the turtle wax one and it looks worse then before thinking about wet sanding this weekend
I used the 3M headlight restore kit and followed up with Meguires plastic scratch remover. The two works best and they look like new. It take patience but you will get there.


______ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[o]llllll[o]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)


If you're not fixing it, you're not driving a Jeep.
scross1220 is offline  
post #23347 of 42784 Old 08-07-2013, 05:40 PM
wjidaho
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: boise
Posts: 2,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by scross1220

I used the 3M headlight restore kit and followed up with Meguires plastic scratch remover. The two works best and they look like new. It take patience but you will get there.
Thanks added to list to try before I bite the bullet and order new lights ;-)
wjidaho is offline  
post #23348 of 42784 Old 08-07-2013, 06:00 PM
scross1220
Member
 
scross1220's Avatar
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Linden
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post
Thanks added to list to try before I bite the bullet and order new lights ;-)

You will be happy with the results as I was.


______ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[o]llllll[o]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)


If you're not fixing it, you're not driving a Jeep.
scross1220 is offline  
post #23349 of 42784 Old 08-07-2013, 06:58 PM
pyre24
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: sterling
Posts: 359
i finally got my back up cam wired up. turned out the wire i put on head unit to splice into back up wire was bad. then i saw this on face book.
Attached Images
 
pyre24 is offline  
post #23350 of 42784 Old 08-07-2013, 07:26 PM
99WJ539918
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,111
^ Nice, love a good Jeep meme.

I've been really busy the last couple of days. I haven't done anything with my grill guard, and now my airbag light goes on and off thirty times while driving to work. A new clockspring is in my WJ's near future. Where's the cheapest place to buy? Thanks, Jeepers.
99WJ539918 is offline  
post #23351 of 42784 Old 08-07-2013, 07:34 PM
go-big
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Niagara Falls
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho

Thanks added to list to try before I bite the bullet and order new lights ;-)
It works well but you have to wet sand the clear off the lights some times there is cracks in the glass but you can only see the cracks and specks with the lights on so it that bothers you you should not wast your time and just get new ones that's what I'm doing lol I used the kit and my lights look new but there is specks I think due to the heat of the bulbs
go-big is offline  
post #23352 of 42784 Old 08-07-2013, 07:35 PM
go-big
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Niagara Falls
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyre24
i finally got my back up cam wired up. turned out the wire i put on head unit to splice into back up wire was bad. then i saw this on face book.
That's the best Hahaha
go-big is offline  
post #23353 of 42784 Old 08-07-2013, 08:02 PM
scross1220
Member
 
scross1220's Avatar
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Linden
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by go-big View Post
It works well but you have to wet sand the clear off the lights some times there is cracks in the glass but you can only see the cracks and specks with the lights on so it that bothers you you should not wast your time and just get new ones that's what I'm doing lol I used the kit and my lights look new but there is specks I think due to the heat of the bulbs
I wet sanded using the 3M kit using 500 grit 800 1000 and 3000. Next I used the compound that came with it and finished it with Meguires pastic scratch remover. The tiny cracks you are refering is in the top surface layer and I was able to remove them without any issues. They make a version of the kit with a drill attachment which make the job go faster. The are a lot of after market headlight assemblies out there that seem to fade quickly within two years so its not worth the $100 or $200 to get them. A little elbow grease goes a long way.


______ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[o]llllll[o]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)


If you're not fixing it, you're not driving a Jeep.
scross1220 is offline  
post #23354 of 42784 Old 08-07-2013, 08:13 PM
rdkendrick
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJ539918 View Post
^ Nice, love a good Jeep meme.

I've been really busy the last couple of days. I haven't done anything with my grill guard, and now my airbag light goes on and off thirty times while driving to work. A new clockspring is in my WJ's near future. Where's the cheapest place to buy? Thanks, Jeepers.
Does your cruise and the radio buttons buttons work ok? May not be the clock-spring. I replaced my clock-spring for nothing, but the experience. My problem was the ACM.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline  
post #23355 of 42784 Old 08-07-2013, 08:21 PM
jeepinjeepin
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winston-Salem
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by scross1220

I used the 3M headlight restore kit and followed up with Meguires plastic scratch remover. The two works best and they look like new. It take patience but you will get there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho

Thanks added to list to try before I bite the bullet and order new lights ;-)
Go ahead and plan on spraying a clear coat on them after you are done. That's what you are removing at first with the sanding discs. Without the clear coat they haze back over fairly quickly. Speaking from experience.
jeepinjeepin is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Tried to do Spark Plugs today in the 4.7--Didn't happend Astorm WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 43 03-24-2014 08:35 PM
Died today... jimbo141 WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 28 05-09-2011 08:20 PM
I want to order some brakes today matrix849 WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 30 07-25-2010 01:01 AM
found an ad today KI4KWF WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 3 07-30-2007 12:27 AM
Just got my xenon on today ! unbelivable ! gaignstar WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 8 05-12-2002 08:38 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome