What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1552 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 08-04-2013, 01:02 AM   #23266
ADragg
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by go-big View Post
Haha, nice. BTW, is that a grey bumper? I've seen it in a picture before, and also wondered if it was primered or painted grey or something? Maybe it matches the stock silver and I'm on shrooms, but it just looks grey. If so, is it an aftermarket/refurb bumper or something? I'm asking because I need an 04 style bumper to complete my 04 front end conversion and I don't know if I should get a used one and re-paint it or if the aftermarket/refurb ones are good. If yours isn't stock, where did you get it and do you think it was worth it or is stock the way to go (even though a used, beat up stock on is more expensive than aftermarket/refurb).

Unread 08-04-2013, 01:03 AM   #23267
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADragg View Post
Ugh. Man. I've told you before, but you have the Grail WJ of all time, IMO.

Are your brakes stock? I only have 32's and I don't have much trouble, but I can tell that when I need to slam on my brakes, it's not as responsive and I'd like to regain some stopping power. I do have Akebono's (that's the name of the newer/better ones, right?). I always wonder what you guys with 35"+ tires do to make sure your Jeep stops fast enough. I don't even know what brake upgrade options there are, though.

I'm asking you because I know you don't cut corners. BTW, how long did it take you to get your bumpers? From order placement to arrival? Man, I'm so jealous of your Jeep. I don't know if I'd change a thing aside from maybe trying some Bushwackers on it and adding the rear eBay tail lights that look pretty stock but have bright LED's in them in the C-shape. Oh, and some Rigid LED lighting here and there, since that's a Jeep that spares no expense

Not that it isn't already, but that would make it truly magazine article quality.
Thanks for the kind words.

As far as brakes, I'm not running WJ axles anymore so the brakes are completely different. The front HP44's brakes are 3/4 ton Ford brakes, the rear 60 has a disc conversion on it utilizing GM brakes (El Dorado rear calipers and mid 80s 3/4 ton GM rotors). I can lock the 37s up pretty easily. The brakes work really well and aren't overly touchy or anything.

The bumpers had a pretty long turn time, I want to say we were well into the second month by the time I got them. They are nice though.

If you have any more questions feel free to shoot me a PM

11 Ram 2500 - H&S tuned 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2013, 01:35 AM   #23268
mashedtedders
2000 WJ 

After 11 hours I finally got this protofab bumper installed
image-3448896932.jpg

image-3901087133.jpg

mashedtedders is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2013, 03:05 AM   #23269
kodiakwj
2003 WJ 

^ I haven't seen a WaWa since I was in boot camp in Cape May like 7 years ago?
kodiakwj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2013, 06:44 AM   #23270
go-big
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho

Nice why did you stop :-)
The one tire that dose the work won't I could not. Get o
go-big is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #23271
go-big
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by go-big

The one tire that dose the work won't I could not. Get o
Up on the car lol
go-big is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #23272
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Well, AC/water issue seems may be solved. Today, everything gets put back into the jeep.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #23273
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Polished X2, +Sealant, + Wax on the hood of the Girly Jeep, looks Way better IMO.

She also desided the Cobra bar have to Go, ruins the beautyful front and grill and Even F up approach height.

Good girl, Thumbsup
image-1874676612.jpg

image-958045608.jpg

R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #23274
Jaketit
2002 WJ 

Where do I begin!! Well last night the wife and I were going to meet a couple out for diner, of course there was a small trail just down the road from where we were to meet, so I had to be a fukin idiot and do it real quick. Bad idea. Got stuck as ****, I'm talking framed it and all wheels were spinning freely. Called a couple of buddies to help me out and another guy just showed up out of no where to wheel so he tried to help. Anyway after 2 hours of busting tow straps and standing in waist deep water at 930 at night, a angel appeared with a bobcat and yanked me in one try. Thank god!! My wife wanted a divorce last night. I had about 3 inches in the cab.

image-803112282.jpg

image-799120093.jpg

image-1312416662.jpg

So back on topic, today I'm vacuuming muddy water water out of the carpet. Yea me!! So far total damage is my radio is buzzing really bad, looks there is now a leak in the Bering on the front yolk and cross my fingers that's it.
Jaketit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #23275
radryan505
2002 WJ 

Got rid of the clunk/thud sound in the back end of my ride!!! Changed all the bushings out with Energy Suspention and now it glids to where ever it drive it haha. Finally changed out the front shocks... they were worse than I thought!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d8...banner-1-1.jpg

Fetal Panic Ink---- Custom Shirts and Vinyl Decals----Fetalpanicink.com or Facebook Fetal Panic Ink.
radryan505 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #23276
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Ouch! Reminds me of a night run several years back and the g/f had to be at work the next morning. Needless to say, ripped tire, tierod pushed to the pumpkin so couldn't go faster than 50km with out deathwobble really bad. She was absolutely pissed at me.

So the question is, did you have fun? and 'what did you learn?' LOL

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
Unread 08-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #23277
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by radryan505 View Post

Got rid of the clunk/thud sound in the back end of my ride!!! Changed all the bushings out with Energy Suspention and now it glids to where ever it drive it haha. Finally changed out the front shocks... they were worse than I thought!
I figure next time I do shocks I'll save myself the hassle and put in energy bushings from the get go!

Unread 08-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #23278
IAWJ47
2003 WJ 

Installed K&N FIPK today. got to say I'm very happy with it. Not only is the sound awesome, the throttle response improved a great deal. It doesn't feel like I gained any horsepower, but I didn't care about gaining HP anyways. They claim you are suppose to gain 13hp. But it was definitely worth the money.

IAWJ47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2013, 06:58 PM   #23279
fosterjd79
2004 WJ 

Half doors...

fosterjd79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #23280
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Aside from my Jeep, I changed the headlights on the wife's T & C LXI AWD. Next are the corner turn signal marker lights, when they come in. They were really yellow.
As for the Jeep, I finally got around to replacing the ACM. I bought a 56010488AH, but when I took the console off, I found that I had a 56010488AG. Replaced it and no more airbag light. Yay!
Also finally washed her, after nearly 9 months. She really needed it. Next, when I am able to walk, again, without too much pain, I will detail her.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
image-2281404464.jpg

image-1736682978.jpg

image-3743735354.jpg

rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.