What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1550 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 08-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #23236
runninbad
2000 WJ 

Drove it to the Jack In The Box. While waiting in the drive-thru line, the A/C compressor seized. Pretty smoke billowed out from under the hood. Kinda wished it caught on fire for the insurance money. But, alas ordered a new one. It just never ends with a 13 year old Jeep. Next time I move, my first priority will be to make sure a JY is no more than 20 miles away. Currently have to drive 3 hours to find a decent one.

runninbad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #23237
SirCussFreq
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wschilawski View Post
I'll be tightening everything down before the trails on Saturday - mine sure sounds like the splines on the axle shaft grind once in awhile - not saying that that's it, but that is what is sounds like.
I found that mine was caused by the aforementioned trackbar being adjusted a bit too long. It was pushing the axle too far to the passenger side, causing the front of the driveshaft to grind on the exhaust y-pipe when the front axle moved upwards. I'd noticed it was making less and less noise the less I drove it - this was because the driveshaft was actually grinding away the metal on the y-pipe!

Thankfully, I don't drive it everyday, and figured it out before it could grind a hole in the pipe. After readjusting the trackbar and getting the axle centered a bit better last night, it seems to have alleviated the grinding noise over bumps!

Did note that the tires have a good bit of toe-out, so I'm taking it to a different shop for an alignment to get that fixed up. Could fix that myself without too much effort, but I kinda feel like being lazy today.
SirCussFreq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #23238
rickcricket
2002 WJ 

Went to Waterway car wash and I was told they don't wash pre 2011 jeep grand Cherokee's due to sudden accelerations? Wtf?
rickcricket is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #23239
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

vacuumed inside, dropped a flat tire off at discount tire
Unread 08-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #23240
65novalt1ss
2002 WJ 

Finally replaced my skyjackers with bilsteins. Also replaced all my isolators. In the process of disconnecting the sway bar for installation, i couldn't help but wonder what keeps the shock from bottoming out when wheeling disco'd. I'm planning on my first wheeling trip in the next few weeks and really dont want to mess these new shocks up. I have 2.5/2 inch lift. Will I be ok or need further mods?
65novalt1ss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #23241
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65novalt1ss
Finally replaced my skyjackers with bilsteins. Also replaced all my isolators. In the process of disconnecting the sway bar for installation, i couldn't help but wonder what keeps the shock from bottoming out when wheeling disco'd. I'm planning on my first wheeling trip in the next few weeks and really dont want to mess these new shocks up. I have 2.5/2 inch lift. Will I be ok or need further mods?
You should be fine I did a 2 in rough country bb with their shocks,( not impressed with the shocks but it was part of my kit) I wheel mine all the time. Bot ordered my new front driveshaft today:-) should be back in trails soon :-)

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #23242
SirCussFreq
1999 WJ 

Bah. Ball joints need replacing on the front passenger side. Can't get it aligned 'til I do that. It's always something!
Unread 08-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #23243
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sircussfreq
it's always something!
x2

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
Unread 08-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #23244
Tru
2004 WJ 

I replaced my rear lower control arms. Upper is next on the list.
Tru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #23245
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Thinkin about a steering wheel upgrade. . .what y'all think?
image-3173601941.jpg

cr8zynelly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #23246
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr8zynelly
Thinkin about a steering wheel upgrade. . .what y'all think?
Hope your kidding around.....

My build thread
Unread 08-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #23247
Jaspah
2002 WJ 

Got the new brush guard mounted! Came blue so I've plastidipped it until I can get my friend to paint it professionally.

In the mean time...

Jaspah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #23248
SirCussFreq
1999 WJ 

Looks good! Although I dunno about that front lip. Seems a bit too big... Kinda looks like it needs to curl up like a Dali 'stache (at which point I'd be all for it!)
Unread 08-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #23249
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Routed some exhaust tubing past my long arms.

11 Ram 2500 - H&S tuned 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #23250
SirCussFreq
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCussFreq View Post
Looks good! Although I dunno about that front lip. Seems a bit too big... Kinda looks like it needs to curl up like a Dali 'stache (at which point I'd be all for it!)

Just had to...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.