Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#30,904 ·
Had to R & R the passenger side door and front bumper because of some sliding around I did this past winter. I decided to change my front to the 04 design. Also, I installed a set of Hella 500s that I had laying around, running 100w H3 bulbs. Now to chase down those inner fender push pins that I broke takin her apart.

Attachments

#30,907 ·
Tried to think of ways to wire my cb up, and watched videos of dash removal, and it seems like the videos did so much unnecessary stuff! How have any of you guys wired it? I'm trying to avoid excess removal and work.
Just pull a fuse and either get a special fuse holder from auto zone that allows you to run a wire off of it or just wrap your power wire around one of the little legs. I did mine to the Un switched cigarette lighter. Then ground it to a screw somewhere in metal or back to your battery for least interference.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#30,910 ·
Why you should take the boots out?
Because:

Yes. My bilstein boots (which even have the fancy drain holes most others don't) caused much more rust on the shaft than with it totally exposed to the elements. Of course, opinions will vary.
and:

Well I agree. Many months back when I buried it, the boot was full of sand from that I didn't find until a month later.
That being said, the Bilsteins on my wife's WJ is running the boots and I periodically check them every few months. So far so good. I decided to run the boots on them due to Rubicon Express denying a warranty on one of their monotubes due to a rusted shaft.

Admittedly her WJ sees more road than dirt.

#30,913 ·
JayIV said:
What kind of improvements, if any, have you noticed from the Dynamat?
Reduce Road noise, and "hollow" sound from door metal,,,, deff worth it, makes the speaker sound 10X better.

#30,914 ·
Did both front doors,
Dynamat and speakers,,,
Now off for a beer :)

Attachments

#30,917 ·
blew out my rough country steering stabilizer during a 45min ride home on the thruway Wednesday and replaced it with a moog super trail boss s.s what a difference lol oh and advance auto is having an online sale with 15percent off purchases of $50 or more and you also recieve a $25 online credit. saved $13 on my moog s.s.

#30,918 ·
Not a good morning for rear ends. :(

It started off with a rear sway bar bracket bolt shearing off and ended with an ugly gear mess. I can't get the freaking bolt out of the axle either. Grrr!

It looks like I have been overloading the back end too much towing rocks and landscaping supplies I guess. It also looks like I will be looking for some rear end parts soon, or I will just upgrade the rear end to a 44.

Attachments

#30,919 ·

It started off with a rear sway bar bracket bolt shearing off and ended with an ugly gear mess. I can't get the freaking bolt out of the axle either. Grrr!

It looks like I have been overloading the back end too much towing rocks and landscaping supplies I guess. It also looks like I will be looking for some rear end parts soon, or I will just upgrade the rear end to a 44.
Yep, I went and snapped that same exact bolt too for the sway bar. I thought you somehow took a picture of my WJ, hahahaha. My magnet in the diff cover definitely didn't look like yours did though!

#30,920 ·

my sway bar bolt looks like that too, but i just leave it like that...still on there pretty tight.