Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#30,882 ·
Only small things, but temp up at 86F is as much as a wiking can Work in,

Got a bad Drivers door door check and a non folding passanger side mirror not staying steady and folds in at high speeds.

Parts been laying around for awhile, Nice to have a smooth door and a fully working power folding mirror ;)
Yeah, yeah rub it in. You and your power folding mirrors! And your diesel!

#30,885 ·
Modified my fog light bulbs with a dremmel to sit in the housing with the plug facing up instead of down. That solved my tires trying to eat my bumper off sound while backing up and turning. Wish I would've realized that before I trimmed so much of the bumper off...here I thought this whole time it was that when it turned out to be the dang fog light plugs.

#30,886 ·
did you happen to paint your Laredo cladding? If so I love the way that looks, can you give me some info!
The cladding and bumpers have been a real pain for me. I'm a perfectionist with OCD, and trying to get them the way I want them is rough. I have tried countless products, and the one I liked the best is Rustoleum Truck Bed Coating (spray can version). My only issue with it is the fading. I tried to use a UV resistant Satin clear coat on all the side cladding, but it immediately hazed. I used it on the grille, and it worked just fine. You can see in the pictures how the grille is darker then the front bumper (which I haven't redid yet).

My next plan is to either use Satin Black or Satin Polyurethane (I purchased both already), and go over everything. I have to fix both bumpers first, to get them on the same page as the side cladding. I'm going to do some testing on my old bumper before I commit to anything.

I suggest you remove everything to paint it. It's not difficult at all, and will actually save you time. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

#30,887 ·
99WJ539918 said:
Yeah, yeah rub it in. You and your power folding mirrors! And your diesel!
Only real bas as Burning gas, no diesel for me, thats the UK guys,,,

#30,895 ·
#30,897 ·
Dynamat and new speakers both rear doors,

Attachments

#30,900 ·
Is that so they won't tot out on the shaft?
Yes. My bilstein boots (which even have the fancy drain holes most others don't) caused much more rust on the shaft than with it totally exposed to the elements. Of course, opinions will vary.