What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1542 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 07-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #23116
Trav1s
2004 WJ 

Changed the power steering pump and flushed the fluid. Pain in the...

Unread 07-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #23117
go-big
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobes

$1100 for all 5. these 10th anniversary rubicon wheels have been going for around 1800 to 1900 on CL and ebay all day.
Nice grab 1100 he'll you got the rims for free lol
go-big is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #23118
jeepinjeepin
2004 WJ 

I went junkyard shopping on lunch today. I found an OEM tow harness on a loaded '99. $17.55 took that. Gonna go back later(soon) for the mechanical engine fan, rear view mirror, maybe the driver heated mirror(passenger was busted), and to check for skid plates/front driveshaft/etc.
jeepinjeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #23119
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcjeeping View Post
Yup. Have wheeled 102" steelie for over 30 years without an incident or accident to people or Jeep. And the trees and brush were thick and heavy in SC, NC, OH and a few other places I have lived. Not so much in AZ.

People say it could whip a person. But in reality if your within 5ft of my jeep that is wheeling fast enough to whip it into someone there way too close to get hit by other crap too. When 90% of the wheeling is 5mph or less it just slides off and more or less stands straight up or catches another branch.

Also it has never whipped the jeep itself. Whether it was on my CJ, YJ, XJ, MJ or the WJ.

Although I have whipped tree limbs into people that were to close.
x2 but it's fun in underground parking with one!

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #23120
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yup. Have wheeled 102" steelie for over 30 years without an incident or accident to people or Jeep. And the trees and brush were thick and heavy in SC, NC, OH and a few other places I have lived. Not so much in AZ.

People say it could whip a person. But in reality if your within 5ft of my jeep that is wheeling fast enough to whip it into someone there way too close to get hit by other crap too. When 90% of the wheeling is 5mph or less it just slides off and more or less stands straight up or catches another branch.

Also it has never whipped the jeep itself. Whether it was on my CJ, YJ, XJ, MJ or the WJ.

Although I have whipped tree limbs into people that were to close.
I hear ya. However, I view it as an unnecessary risk on the trail, which is why i don't run a whip personally. I figure my 3'er works enough to reach most/all of a 3-500 acre park and that's good enough on the trails.

Desert wheeling is another story, however.

Saw in your thread you got all situated in CA, glad to hear the move went well.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #23121
PHAL23

I think I experienced the death wobble today
PHAL23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #23122
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

changed my rear pads today. the rear ones were down to the metal
Unread 07-29-2013, 03:04 PM   #23123
radryan505
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobes View Post
found a 5-set of these for dirt cheap at a dealership brand new. They'll be going on once I get a new set of tire pressure sensors.
I work at Discount Tire and I almost had a set of those today myself, but the lug pattern was off. I do have JK wheels that arre 5on5 but I believe the ones today are 5on4.5. So I hope it works, and I am jealous! those are SICK!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d8...banner-1-1.jpg

Fetal Panic Ink---- Custom Shirts and Vinyl Decals----Fetalpanicink.com or Facebook Fetal Panic Ink.
radryan505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 03:13 PM   #23124
radryan505
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by atinari View Post
I remember seeing your dub for sale on Craigslist and thought you were crazy for what you were asking lol. Thing is sick though what size tires?
Hey man, I LOOOVE the front end of your WJ. Do you have a build thread or any closer pictures. I am very interested in seeing how you got the wench in there. I have been looking to make one myself. I dont want to build a whole bumper just for a wench ya know?

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d8...banner-1-1.jpg

Fetal Panic Ink---- Custom Shirts and Vinyl Decals----Fetalpanicink.com or Facebook Fetal Panic Ink.
radryan505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #23125
jeepinjeepin
2004 WJ 

Went back after lunch to pick on that same '99 again. Grabbed the mechanical fan, auto dim rearview mirror, underhood mounted evap canister, and an OBX license plate. Fan and plate installed this afternoon. Gotta look into mounting solutions for the 7 way plug on the new style hitch.
jeepinjeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 05:02 PM   #23126
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinjeepin View Post
Went back after lunch to pick on that same '99 again. Grabbed the mechanical fan, auto dim rearview mirror, underhood mounted evap canister, and an OBX license plate. Fan and plate installed this afternoon. Gotta look into mounting solutions for the 7 way plug on the new style hitch.
Nice find. I gotta hit up a junkyard sometime and grab some parts.
PSA - It would be nice if people made an attempt while typing to discuss their problems or opinions instead of one long sentence with no punctuation. Maybe I'm cynical, but that really pisses me off. Rant over.

"It's like saying I had a car I got that was painted by the previous owner. I had an accident so painting a car is unsafe." - cykaaro
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #23127
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykaaro View Post
x2 but it's fun in underground parking with one!
That and drive throughs. I need to put it on the pass side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonjm View Post
I hear ya. However, I view it as an unnecessary risk on the trail, which is why i don't run a whip personally. I figure my 3'er works enough to reach most/all of a 3-500 acre park and that's good enough on the trails.

Desert wheeling is another story, however.

Saw in your thread you got all situated in CA, glad to hear the move went well.
Almost all settled in. Gotta show the Jeep some love soon though. After 6 years its some for new joints in the front axle and I think I am gunna need to replace the front pinion bearing too.

Its so nice to have sunshine everyday instead of Oh daily shower/thunder storms and today's high is supposed to be mid 80's. Whooohooo.

Need to find a scrap metal yard here in Sacramento so I can start building again.

gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 05:43 PM   #23128
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
That and drive throughs. I need to put it on the pass side.

Almost all settled in. Gotta show the Jeep some love soon though. After 6 years its some for new joints in the front axle and I think I am gunna need to replace the front pinion bearing too.

Its so nice to have sunshine everyday instead of Oh daily shower/thunder storms and today's high is supposed to be mid 80's. Whooohooo.

Need to find a scrap metal yard here in Sacramento so I can start building again.

Forgot about those! LOL Have always had my antenna on the passenger side as I run power lines on the drivers side. Have a 4' firestick as well so can change them whenever I need to.

Nice on the weather! Unlike here. Has been too bad of a summer, but weather has been absolutely whacked this year. 13C out today WTF? and the other week got hit with a heat wave with humidex about 45C. Who knows what fall will bring!

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #23129
1999wjlimited
1999 WJ 

I got bored with a can of spray paint so I painted my bumper thing

Before

image-3529465457.jpg

Ignore the man cutting lol

After
image-4146190310.jpg
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:59 PM   #23130
SierraRipper
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999wjlimited View Post
I got bored with a can of spray paint so I painted my bumper thing

Before

Ignore the man cutting lol

After
Put teeth on it! And angry eyes! Lol
SierraRipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.