Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#30,741 ·
I tried just about all I could do to find the leak. Dye, UV light, the yellow glasses. I looked everywhere, but never could find it.
The only thing I could find was where the dye dripped out of the schraeder valve as I put it in. I didn't have access to a "sniffer."

Sent from my iPad using Electrons
I used several cans of dye over a summer trying to find the leak. Then at a buddy's garage we lifted her up an plain as day I saw the alien blood green pouring out of the drain hose for the condenser by the passengers foot well. I was getting frustrated cuz I was using black light, yellow glasses in the dark and everything.

#30,745 ·
Having an issue with the ladies WJ.. We just replaced the battery. I think Advance tested it to have something around 9 volts after we had starting issues, so we replaced it. It didn't have any issues for the following day, and then last night after driving around for a while we stopped for a bite to eat. We sat in the Jeep for maybe 3 minutes with the overhead lights on and everything else off, and when I attempted to start it, I got nothing. I can hear what sounds to be the gauges attempting to make a clicking noise, but other than that, nothing. Headlights, power windows, power door locks, etc... none of it works. We called AAA and got a jump start to get it home. Turned it off and attempted to restart and again, nothing.

There's nothing that I can think of that should be causing a significant parasitic power loss. It does have an aftermarket headunit in it (and did when we bought it) but nothing has changed. Other than that, there's really nothing else that's not stock about the WJ. There's a little bit of corrosion on the battery cable which I will address, but what in the world could be causing this?

Initially, we had this problem a few nights ago before replacing the battery. It wouldn't start, so for some reason I turned the headlights on to see if they had power, turned them back off, turned the key, and voila! It started. That doesn't work now. lol!

#30,746 ·
vanillathrilla said:
Having an issue with the ladies WJ.. We just replaced the battery. I think Advance tested it to have something around 9 volts after we had starting issues, so we replaced it. It didn't have any issues for the following day, and then last night after driving around for a while we stopped for a bite to eat. We sat in the Jeep for maybe 3 minutes with the overhead lights on and everything else off, and when I attempted to start it, I got nothing. I can hear what sounds to be the gauges attempting to make a clicking noise, but other than that, nothing. Headlights, power windows, power door locks, etc... none of it works. We called AAA and got a jump start to get it home. Turned it off and attempted to restart and again, nothing. There's nothing that I can think of that should be causing a significant parasitic power loss. It does have an aftermarket headunit in it (and did when we bought it) but nothing has changed. Other than that, there's really nothing else that's not stock about the WJ. There's a little bit of corrosion on the battery cable which I will address, but what in the world could be causing this? Initially, we had this problem a few nights ago before replacing the battery. It wouldn't start, so for some reason I turned the headlights on to see if they had power, turned them back off, turned the key, and voila! It started. That doesn't work now. lol!
I had similar problems with my wj a couple years back and stil did it after trying 2 new batteries, found it to be corrosion going up into the wire of the cables. Took the off and had car quest press new factory ends on it and it's worked great since!

#30,747 ·
I had similar problems with my wj a couple years back and stil did it after trying 2 new batteries, found it to be corrosion going up into the wire of the cables. Took the off and had car quest press new factory ends on it and it's worked great since!
Hate to ask this, but do you remember how much that set you back?

#30,751 ·
Jaketit said:
HELP!!! Well about half way there and I pulled over to get gas and I filled it up and now tanks was leaking gas. Could it be from me just over filling it??
Where did you detect the leak???

Sent from my iPad Mini using Jeepforum.com

#30,752 ·
Check around the fuel filter hoses, they might be the culprit

Sent from my iPad Mini using Jeepforum.com

#30,755 ·
Highschool_WJ said:
Yep I had the same issue. A small amount of corrosion between my post and clamp. I just finished converting marine style clamps and it's much easier to do maintenance now and disconnect the battery.

Attachments

#30,757 ·
Finally home after my 2 weeks of training at Camp Ripley, MN. First order of business was Jeepin'. Hit up the hunting land just outside of town. Have some really good pics but they're file six is too big.

Attachments

#30,758 ·
I haven't done any fuel work to it recently. It's not leaking now. Must have just way overfilled it. The needle is pinned. It was leaking at the bottom of the skid like it was leaking from the top of the tank.
Automotive tail & brake light Tire Wheel Automotive carrying rack Car

Ok second fill up. No problems this time but I didn't fill it all the way up so who knows The jeeps running good though 80 plus mph 1 more hour to go.