Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#30,664 ·
Went and picked up a set of lightly used 3" IRO springs, extended rear sway bar end links, track bar, rear Skyjacker Hydro's, passenger side heated side view mirror and harness, a broken driver side heated and tinted side view mirror and harness, a couple small random interior pieces, liftgate glass with hinges, and a rear wiper motor with wiper arm for $200. Thanks, Howler_GT (Mike), I still can't believe I left without the rear Addco sway bar! Now just a couple more pieces before my parts list for my lift is complete... How necessary is it to use extended front sway bar end links with a 3" lift?
Glad I could be of help. I know a little slow with the reply.
The POS parts-jeep is GONE Towed it to the crusher last Sat.

The ADDCO is still available along with a ton of other parts (on Craiglsit- Lehigh Valley/Allentown) for how much longer??? Dunno.

No extended front swaybar links are required with the 3" lift.

But like was said...discos would be nice.

#30,667 ·
My buddy and I removed/installed a CV axle and a wheel hub assembly in just under 45 minutes. I was involved, and I was still pretty damn impressed.

#30,669 ·
They work, and mine has saved my transfer case a few times.

Good to hear. I don't plan on doing a lot of off roading. Just some trail riding and won't get too crazy since I don't have lockers or a winch. Figured I should have it in case it took a hit from something not planned.

I figured it would take a few hits well and that is all I would ever expect.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#30,670 ·
Used a little BFH persuasion on my rockers to clear the new shors. That'll do until I can get some adjustable arms and taller springs.

#30,673 ·
Used a little BFH persuasion on my rockers to clear the new shors. That'll do until I can get some adjustable arms and taller springs.
I almost bought the same wheels for mine a few months back but couldn't decide so I never pulled the trigger. It's nice to see what the way would look like on mine as ours are very similar...They do look good! but Now i've fallen in love with the new ATX Cornice wheels (ax195)

What's funny is I was debating the machined bead lock ring also and was leaning more towards the all black...How do you like the look so far??

#30,674 ·
JeepProductions said:
Painted the gas door to match the rims and grille. Ordered a 2.5 inch BB. Then cleaned up the cladding on the bottom with a plastic restoration kit. And then went to auto-zone and got it washed! :thumbsup:
So I'm maybe a little ignorant on this but what is the purpose of the giant hoop on your front bumper? I've seen something similar on local trucks.

Does it deflect bushes 3' in front of your vehicle away from your grill? Handle for Godzilla to pick up your Jeep?

#30,675 ·
So I'm maybe a little ignorant on this but what is the purpose of the giant hoop on your front bumper? I've seen something similar on local trucks.

Does it deflect bushes 3' in front of your vehicle away from your grill? Handle for Godzilla to pick up your Jeep?
It's called a stinger I believe. If you go nose down it gives the tendency to keep the vehicle upright.

#30,676 ·
Are those 35's?! Damn. Looks like it but prob 33's. Looks good.
Lol just 32's

I almost bought the same wheels for mine a few months back but couldn't decide so I never pulled the trigger. It's nice to see what the way would look like on mine as ours are very similar...They do look good! but Now i've fallen in love with the new ATX Cornice wheels (ax195)

What's funny is I was debating the machined bead lock ring also and was leaning more towards the all black...How do you like the look so far??
I've been going back and forth with these since last year and finally pulled the trigger. I actually ordered the machined lip ones but Discount Tire messed up and ordered these. Found out the machined lip ones were on a huge backorder so I figured I'd try these. I'm liking them all black a lot more than I thought I would. The finish is nice but it's not powder coated like I thought. Just mounting them gave me a few scratches. They took very little weight to balance surprisingly. Overall I'm happy, just gotta play it safe for now and try not to rip anything apart lol.

#30,677 ·
It's called a stinger I believe. If you go nose down it gives the tendency to keep the vehicle upright.
Correct, it can keep youfrom flipping over if you go down a steep decline. Also, if youdo flip, it keeps your hoodand engine frome getting a lot of damage, helping your chanes of being able to drive after the flip. They really are useful, but mainly for wranglers, etc. here is an example

#30,678 ·
I changed more of my dash area lights to blue, installed a new head unit, and tweaked my headlights a little. I moved the corner blinker to the middle.
The pictures suck, and make the lights look like $h!7. I plan on using a good camera to try and capture what they really look like. Everything that I have changed to blue, matches perfectly.

Attachments

#30,679 ·
Painted the gas door to match the rims and grille. Ordered a 2.5 inch BB. Then cleaned up the cladding on the bottom with a plastic restoration kit. And then went to auto-zone and got it washed! :thumbsup:
Your Jeep reminds me of mine. I like it, but that growth on the front :nuts:

Attachments