A while back i had an overheating problem. Changed water pump, thermostat, elec fan, fan relay... nothing. I decided to work on it again today, turns out the elec fan cable connectors going to the relay was burnt on the inside! I dont think this was the root of the problem, but a pair of wire splicers and a good roll of electrical tape fixed it! No more overheat while idle!
I do, it only clanks when 4 part time and full time is in, other then that their is a light clicking sound when driving over 35 it's not very loud though
Roads ? what are roads???
Thats wierd... that it only does it in 4wd... to verify my bad cv joint, i was told to raise up my front end so that the tires are not touching the ground, spin a tire, and if i heard the clicking sound the cv is bad. That might work for you?
Originally Posted by tim0
Check front drive shaft u-joint.
My wj didnt have u joints... wouldve been a lot less $$ :/
Repaired 2 broken wires in the drivers door harness. PITA !!!
After getting the boot pulled back and the white clip loose, I disconnected the wiring connector without too much trouble. I though I had it made in the shade.
The 2 larger gauge wires (Black & Orange)were the problem. Had just enough room to work. I went with butt splices after fighting just to get the wires pulled out far enough to strip back the insulation.