What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1529 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 07-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #22921
justn
2002 WJ 

Washed the Jeep yesterday, and guess what? It apparently decided to rain in the middle of summer in Bakersfield last night. Since that never happens I was extremely perplexed as to why my Jeep was filthy when I got in it to run to CarQuest to pick up some Zerex G-05 coolant this morning. So when I got home I had to hose it down and dry it off to get the dirt spots off. I cleaned my wheels too since I was gonna do that today anyway.

Unread 07-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #22922
dsodko
2002 WJ 

Wj mirror and door clips

Replaced damaged driver's side mirror (Rock Auto) and some panel clips both doors. Replace both T25 screws with slotted screws.

Both noise canceling sheets were damaged by PO, next project.
dsodko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #22923
Jeeples
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

Ordered up a set of adjustable upper and lower CA's from a local that makes 'em. I have a feeling next to the Bilstein shocks, this will be some of the best money we've spent on the wife's WJ. Cheap too at only $260.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 04:37 PM   #22924
dsodko
2002 WJ 

Wj Replaced missing ground

Replaced a missing ground strap on the intake manifold. Thanks PO !
dsodko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #22925
pinky2252s
2001 WJ 

Took the SE to a stealership to get a cheap oil change. For $12.95 i'll let them do it. I cant even get the oil and filter for that little, and I don't have to do it.

Get this, the SE has had a small coolant leak that is burning off somewhere. I asked them if they could maybe find it. He comes back saying that the thermostat housing is leaking, and that it will be $220 to replace the thermostat. HAHAHAA WHAT? Over 200 hundred dollars in labor for a 5 dollar part? Ooooookay. The dealership never ceases to surprise me.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #22926
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky2252s View Post
Took the SE to a stealership to get a cheap oil change. For $12.95 i'll let them do it. I cant even get the oil and filter for that little, and I don't have to do it.

Get this, the SE has had a small coolant leak that is burning off somewhere. I asked them if they could maybe find it. He comes back saying that the thermostat housing is leaking, and that it will be $220 to replace the thermostat. HAHAHAA WHAT? Over 200 hundred dollars in labor for a 5 dollar part? Ooooookay. The dealership never ceases to surprise me.
That's why they charge 12 bucks for an oil change. Lets them find repairs to recommend to customers.

But, in their defense, its the thermostat and gasket (+) $50+ of expensive *** HOAT coolant (+) at least an hour labor.

11 Ram 2500 - H&S tuned 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #22927
pinky2252s
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonjm View Post
That's why they charge 12 bucks for an oil change. Lets them find repairs to recommend to customers.

But, in their defense, its the thermostat and gasket (+) $50+ of expensive *** HOAT coolant (+) at least an hour labor.
Trust me, they aren't using HOAT coolant. They topped it off with non HOAT.

Even if they were to charge me an hour labor (for 15 minutes worth of work) it still leaves like 70 dollars out of no where. And plus, not that much coolant comes out of the 4.0 when the thermostat is replaced. On the 4.7 its much lower on the engine and it actually drops a lot of coolant. Also, why wouldn't they just re use the coolant that came out... ? Its kind of the exact amount that it needs.

ANYWAYS. I only go there for the cheap oil changes for the 4.0. My 4.7 I do everything myself. I don't really like people working on it at all. Im not really attached to the SE as I am my Laredo.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #22928
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
Ordered up a set of adjustable upper and lower CA's from a local that makes 'em. I have a feeling next to the Bilstein shocks, this will be some of the best money we've spent on the wife's WJ. Cheap too at only $260.
Is it the guy on Ksl named spence? Has he made wj long arms yet?
Timbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 07:34 PM   #22929
Jeeples
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo24 View Post

Is it the guy on Ksl named spence? Has he made wj long arms yet?
Yeah that's the one. Looks like I'll be picking them tomorrow so I can ask for you if you'd like.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #22930
formeraudi

Decided to go a little different route with my wheel choice. As others have suggested, not going to go the blacked out wheel look and didn't like the idea of heavy steel wheels. So...I'm turning my Silverblades into Bronzeblades. Started with the spare to see how it looked. Like it, so going to finish the other 4 wheels and hopefully get tires soon. Probably 245/75/16 Duratracs.

Just for reference, going on this car. I have since this picture tinted out the tail lights and put on new Laredo headlights with the black housings. Looks a lot more aggressive.

formeraudi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #22931
ZJPunk98
2002 WJ 

installed a new JVC head unit with blue tooth, HD radio, USB and more as well as Infinity Reference 3032CF dash speakers. The system sounds nice.

98 ZJ 5.2L JGC Limited Sold
02 4.7L HO JGC Overland
ZJPunk98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 11:06 PM   #22932
lance-tek
2001 WJ 

Installed some HIDs into my projectors. I must say that the difference is amazing. Since my fog lights are remaining stock I get the best of both worlds
Unread 07-23-2013, 01:39 AM   #22933
DavisI
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by formeraudi View Post
Decided to go a little different route with my wheel choice. As others have suggested, not going to go the blacked out wheel look and didn't like the idea of heavy steel wheels. So...I'm turning my Silverblades into Bronzeblades. Started with the spare to see how it looked.
I've been thinking about doing bronze too. Be sure to post a picture when you get it finished and tell us how you did it
DavisI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 02:15 AM   #22934
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky2252s View Post
Trust me, they aren't using HOAT coolant. They topped it off with non HOAT.

Even if they were to charge me an hour labor (for 15 minutes worth of work) it still leaves like 70 dollars out of no where. And plus, not that much coolant comes out of the 4.0 when the thermostat is replaced. On the 4.7 its much lower on the engine and it actually drops a lot of coolant. Also, why wouldn't they just re use the coolant that came out... ? Its kind of the exact amount that it needs.

ANYWAYS. I only go there for the cheap oil changes for the 4.0. My 4.7 I do everything myself. I don't really like people working on it at all. Im not really attached to the SE as I am my Laredo.

$50 for thermostat and gasket, $120 for labor, $20 for gallon of coolant, and taxes and shop supplies will bring you around $220. We all know the dealership is expensive. I agree, I wouldn't bring anything that isn't a warranty job to a dealership. People would complain all the time where I used to work. The tech would never reuse coolant. It's an insurance claim nightmare. If something happens you could say they put dirty coolant in your overflow/radiator and it gunked up. It's better to use new stuff so the dealership has no worries.
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #22935
1999wjlimited
1999 WJ 

Dropped it off at the shop to have the ac fixed. I couldn't take it any more.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.