What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 152 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 03-25-2011, 11:53 PM   #2266
spiney
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepJeepin View Post
pushed it out of the way because the motor has 3 broken rods and two holes in the block.
awesome

spiney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2011, 11:56 PM   #2267
spiney
1999 WJ 

blew the cat hair off the hood that's been accumulating for 6 months... and then pet the cat.
spiney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2011, 03:32 AM   #2268
frets217
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosses04 View Post
Did you drill a hole and run the wiring behind the dash? I'm very interested in this cb setup, I agree that it's annoying near your legs, especially for me being 6'2 or if I have a passenger of any significant size
Well, there was a ton of cutting involved. There's no back to the cubby anymore as the CB sits as firm and tight as it possibly could be. I thought at first I could cut a small hole and the radio would fit just fine. I didn't take into account that
1. the cubby actually narrows towards the back and...
2. there is a huge chunk of wires directly in a plastic watchamacallit behind the cubby. Check it out for yourself, it pops out pretty easy. (I'm too lazy to go out there and take it apart and try to shine a light in there to get somewhat mediocre pics)
That's the reason for the CB being at such an extreme angle, I had to get it under that plastic box with wires in it.
So basically I had to destroy the back of the cubby. With a PVC pipe saw, I cut the entire back of the cubby off, then cut about an inch and a half down each corner, splitting all the four sides of it so I could bend them to adjust where the CB would sit. I ended up having to cut an inch off the bottom side so the radio could be wedged into the hole.
And that was my result. It barely fits. and I mean barely. I highly doubt any other radio could fit there...

As for staying on topic, I drove her to my car club's meet. She looked pretty surrounded by volkswagens.

04 WJ Laredo, 4.0l I6, SelecTrac.
-Uniden Pro520xl w/4ft firestick style antenna/ PA speaker.
frets217 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2011, 08:56 AM   #2269
alifted4x4
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherker55 View Post
nice, how'd that go? I want to tackle some sound upgrades this spring/summer, and I have always like polks...did you have brackets or have to rig something up???

It went great. I ordered them from Crutchfield and they sent the bracket to install them for free. I replaced mine with all 6 1/2's. So I had to use the 6x9 to 6 1/2 bracket for the front door and the 6 3/4 to 6 1/2 for the back doors. Crutchfield had a sale for buy one get the second pair for half off and free shipping and accesories so it was a sweet deal!!
2000 WJ 6 1/2" lift,IRO Coils, IRO Front ADJ Long Arms, Clayton Rear Long Arms, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, JKS Track bar, JKS Bar Pins, K & N FIPK, 265/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 1.5" Wheel Spacers, Addco Rear Sway Bar, IRO Rear Sway Bar Links, Flowmaster 40,2002 Cluster to be continued.....
alifted4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #2270
dafox
1999 WJ 

Replaced fuel filter
dafox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2011, 03:47 PM   #2271
sinbad85
2001 WJ 

See Never give up!! I am getting 2-3 MPG more since replacing mine. It will pay for it self real quick.
2001 WJ 4.7L-selec-trac/4.5" Teraflex springs\IRO Long arms\Iro adj rear LCA/Bilstien 5100 series shocks/ IRO steering Equalizer/|265/75/16 Goodyear Dura-Tracs on Stock rims\Rear Tube Bumper with carrier|sliders|mopar skids.
sinbad85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2011, 04:21 PM   #2272
dafox
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad85 View Post
See Never give up!! I am getting 2-3 MPG more since replacing mine. It will pay for it self real quick.
lol I thought I was going to permanently destroy something by using that hacksaw though!! but it worked, so thanks!! I'll report on mpg's after I actually drive it more than a little bit.
dafox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2011, 04:58 PM   #2273
scarrskey
1999 WJ 

Installed my front towhooks and introduced my Jeep to the mud!

Unread 03-26-2011, 05:05 PM   #2274
Janibeans
1999 WJ 

Replaced the faulty crank position sensor.

Took a bit to get it out. Wiggling it wasn't doing much, but twisting it and wiggling finally got it out. Took about an hour and a half total. Pretty easy. Good to finally start making progress fixing all the crap that the PO didn't take care of.

Unread 03-26-2011, 07:59 PM   #2275
seu83
2002 WJ 

I finally got around to some much needed repairs today. I installed my new carolina driveshaft, a new radiator(more of a pain then what I was expecting, lol), a set of new skyjacker nitro's(which are lotter smoother then what I thought they would be), driver side axle shaft, front wheel bearings, and changed my oil. All thats left to do now is replace a grabber at2 that has a broken belt.
seu83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2011, 09:27 PM   #2276
Speedy
2002 WJ 

Now I have in order :
Addeco front and rear swaybars
JKS Quicker Disconnect
2" Trailmasters lift
New coil spring insulators
245/70-17 GY W Duratech on 17 x 8 Ultra Goliat BDC
Front tow hooks
OEM trailer hitch

Hopefully it will soon arrive my garage so I can start working on it.
Unread 03-27-2011, 12:11 AM   #2277
fiercePierce
2001 WJ 

Just Tried to install my Dual Stereo deck, and realized that i left the deck harness in my last car! it was totaled and the insurance took it a couple weeks ago...so new deck? or just search hi n lo for the deck harness? time will tell. because im telling ya i hate havin a stock deck lol.

And i bet popped the Mud cherry for my 01 Limited. i just picked it up yesterday and after some new shoes i had to check how the 4 lo was working! haha excuses excuses
jeep-march11.jpg  
fiercePierce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2011, 12:11 AM   #2278
fiercePierce
2001 WJ 

double post, cant delete? :/
fiercePierce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2011, 10:15 AM   #2279
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Painted the trailer hitch with flat back restoleum (spelling??) paint.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2011, 09:02 PM   #2280
MWyatt
1999 WJ 

put on shock boots
MWyatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.