Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#30,261 ·
I always thought heated side mirrors were dumb, UNTIL the first time I went outside and cranked up the WJ on a freezing morning and came outside 10 minutes later and every piece of glass on the thing was crystal clear.
I've noticed a couple of times this past winter where they would've come in handy. It's a nice little upgrade.

#30,262 ·
Pulled the front driveshaft today to replace all the ujoints. I don't have the proper tools to remove them completely so I will have to get a mechanic buddy I work with to get them out of the shaft and to put the new ones in. I beat the heck out of them with a hammer and socket but that didn't do any good...They're stuck in there pretty good.

Also went and bought the pads for the rear brake job I'm doing on it tomorrow. I might end up getting new rotors as well, depends on how these look. As I was inspecting the rear end I noticed I've probably got a rear axle seal leaking onto the plate behind the rotors on both sides. Looks like I'll be getting those seals replaced before long as well.

#30,263 ·
99WJ539918 said:
Replaced my rear wiper motor and wiper arm and both side view mirrors with heated. Just keeping me busy while I'm searching for the rest of my lift parts.
Where did you get the mirrors? My drivers side anti glare stuff cracked and the whole thing is fogged up now.

Sent from my iPhone using that little keyboard and big clumsy thumbs.

#30,264 ·
Took her to the Badlands for her first time. All was going well until I dropped a front coil. Luckily I was able to flex her out good enough for my buddy to pop it back in. I'm totally impressed with the Quadradrive system and glad I held out for one with it. Can't wait to get back out there again.

#30,266 ·
Took her to the Badlands for her first time. All was going well until I dropped a front coil. Luckily I was able to flex her out good enough for my buddy to pop it back in. I'm totally impressed with the Quadradrive system and glad I held out for one with it. Can't wait to get back out there again.
Well I'm glad you like the QD system. I took mine out last week for a run in some pretty good mud and wound up having to replace the front ds ujoints. Probably something that was going to happen sooner rather than later but still..... But until I got high centered on those ruts I was real happy with the performance with my stock WJs QD. Now I just need to bust my arse and get a 3-4" lift under this bad boy and I'll feel a whole lot better when I go through that same hole again and don't get stuck.

#30,268 ·
Where did you get the mirrors? My drivers side anti glare stuff cracked and the whole thing is fogged up now.

Sent from my iPhone using that little keyboard and big clumsy thumbs.
I bought them from a member on here. My driver's side mirror is the same as your's, if it bothers me enough I'll separate the glass and just have heated.

#30,269 ·
I installed some IRO rock sliders

It was an fairly easy install...You do need to measure very precise and hog your holes out a little for easier bolt line ups.

Instructions want you to transfer each hole measurement back side to front...I just got the first hole measurement and then marked down the line on the pinch weld according to the slider hole spacing. Worked perfect.

Jack it up...Line up the holes (8 bolts per pinch weld)

A little tweak there and a little hammer here. (12 self tap screws per frame). I'm not a welder so don't even go there.:rolleyes:

Not bad for some cheap protection from that off-camber tight trail slide.
Are those the "premium" or the "budget" sliders?

#30,276 ·
Well I'm glad you like the QD system. I took mine out last week for a run in some pretty good mud and wound up having to replace the front ds ujoints. Probably something that was going to happen sooner rather than later but still..... But until I got high centered on those ruts I was real happy with the performance with my stock WJs QD. Now I just need to bust my arse and get a 3-4" lift under this bad boy and I'll feel a whole lot better when I go through that same hole again and don't get stuck.
It's amazing what a little lift and good tires will turn a QD WJ into. I can't wait to get it out again.

Ordered my Duratracs today! Should be here by the end of the week. STOKED!
Good choice!

OT: power washing part 2 today

#30,278 ·
I wish I had more pics...mud line was up to the Grand Cherokee letters on the doors. Luckily I didn't get stuck though. Unfortunately it seeped through the rear door seals and got some on the carpet.

#30,280 ·
Took her to the Badlands for her first time. All was going well until I dropped a front coil. Luckily I was able to flex her out good enough for my buddy to pop it back in. I'm totally impressed with the Quadradrive system and glad I held out for one with it. Can't wait to get back out there again. http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/k...ploads/20140525_164951-1_zpsbe0719f2.jpg.html
All this time, I thought you were talking about the Badlands in South Dakota. I was thinking they had a trail through there :)

Sent from my iPad using Electrons