What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1511 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 07-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #22651
ctwistedpair
2002 WJ 

Wj New engine

New axles, new rear suspension, new hid lights, blah blah blah...The engine got jealous and fractured a piston. Clanged like a $%^##$ for 2 weeks, then, kablooie. New 4.0 From Rock auto. There's nuthin left to replace but the body.

ctwistedpair is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #22652
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwistedpair View Post
New axles, new rear suspension, new hid lights, blah blah blah...The engine got jealous and fractured a piston. Clanged like a $%^##$ for 2 weeks, then, kablooie. New 4.0 From Rock auto. There's nuthin left to replace but the body.
Welcome to the boat!

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #22653
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Smooth, economical and reliable to be honest. What was 163 horses is now 205 and rather more torque than a 4.7 ho (and at much lower revs) as well as slightly better fuel mileage thanks to a TdI tuning Crtd2 tuning box. Fitting guide and review to follow when its been on for a while.
But even as standard its a good unit. I guess, as Mercedes put it in the E270 and the ML270, it was never going to be too bad! Being an in line five its got a nice burbblIng sound too!
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #22654
go-big
2004 WJ 

In line 5 that sounds crazy is there a lot available where your from ?
go-big is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #22655
zephyr80
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonjm View Post

You're right, a bad battery can cause some really screwy things to happen, even with the alternator pushing voltage.

I've seen certain accessories stop working randomly (windows, wipers,etc). I've also seen rough running symptoms as a result.
Well it wasn't the battery... She died again today. Im going to start a thread for some brainstorming... zephyr80 needs help!!!

Sent from your back seat!!!
_conv_2013-07-09-16.06.36.jpg

zephyr80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #22656
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr80

Well it wasn't the battery... She died again today. Im going to start a thread for some brainstorming... zephyr80 needs help!!!

I have been told sometimes the code for the crankshaft position sensor don't show, I feel your pain took almost two weeks before I figured it out.

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #22657
zephyr80
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post

I have been told sometimes the code for the crankshaft position sensor don't show, I feel your pain took almost two weeks before I figured it out.
Is there a way to test to see if its bad?

Unread 07-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #22658
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:

Is there a way to test to see if its bad?

Not sure their not expensive, kinda a pain to get to, I had mine done, we had temps over 100 when I got it fixed with parts and labor it was like $160, after having the shop do I found out it would have not been as bad to do, on some years I guess you can get to it from the floor inside, their is a bunch of write up on here, good luck, hope you get it figured out :-)

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
Unread 07-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #22659
Aaron00
2004 WJ 

Just had to buff out a key mark as best I can someone keyed my jeep
Aaron00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #22660
zephyr80
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post

Not sure their not expensive, kinda a pain to get to, I had mine done, we had temps over 100 when I got it fixed with parts and labor it was like $160, after having the shop do I found out it would have not been as bad to do, on some years I guess you can get to it from the floor inside, their is a bunch of write up on here, good luck, hope you get it figured out :-)
Thanks dude. Im pretty sure im getting vapor lock. i need to do some research on parts now.

Unread 07-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #22661
zephyr80
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron00 View Post
Just had to buff out a key mark as best I can someone keyed my jeep
Kick his @&&!!! thats not right.

Unread 07-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #22662
Aaron00
2004 WJ 

Quote:

Kick his @&&!!! thats not right.

It was all the way from the front to the back so mad
Aaron00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #22663
hounddogman
2001 WJ 

New brake pads & rotors,speed bleeders. Front Wheel bearings,cv axle shaft assembly,Thank you ArloGuthroJeep for the write up. And last but not least 4 ball joints,With thanks to BigRed4x4 for his write up.
img_0809.jpg

hounddogman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #22664
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:

Thanks dude. Im pretty sure im getting vapor lock. i need to do some research on parts now.

Good luck ;-)

My build thread
Unread 07-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #22665
Justin_WJ
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho

Such bad info.....dude take the starter off and the Crankshaft position sensor is right there. $35 for a new sensor and an hour of your time and its fixed. Might as well go ahead and change the Camshaft position sensor while you're in there. It's right below where you put in oil on the passenger head. 1 bolt, twist it half a turn and it comes out.
2000 WJ Limited, 4inch RC X, 242 T-case swap, 33x12.50 STT's, 15x8 D window wheels with 3.75 BS, JKS ADJ. Tracbar, T-case armor, Custom front winch bumper, Smittybilt XRC 8, 4.56's Extended Rola Rack w/Harbor Freight 6" lights, and always muddy :)
Justin_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.