Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#30,201 ·
Nbrown08 said:
Yes. I reused the wj pumps. I also reused one of the screws from the wj bottle on the zj bottle because it happens to line up with an existing hole on the inner fender... it's held in place pretty well so far Also I took the emissions thing that was in the way and flipped the hoses to the back side of the brake fluid reservoir. I zip-tied it near the firewall
The purge solenoid.

#30,203 ·
Another maintenance day for me. Oil and filter change, the last one was last June & 6000 miles ago. Re-bled the brakes. again. Gravity bled them this time, they actually seem to work better although the pedal has never fully returned to the factory firmness before I replaced the calipers. I replaced the short section of PS rubber return line between the radiator and hard line connection.

I then decided to replace the neutral safety switch to try and get rid of the P1899 code once and for all. I found that the real issue is that the harness at the plug end is frayed and the wires are green! Looks like I need to find a decent JY donor to fix the plug.

#30,204 ·
I installed some IRO rock sliders

It was an fairly easy install...You do need to measure very precise and hog your holes out a little for easier bolt line ups.

Instructions want you to transfer each hole measurement back side to front...I just got the first hole measurement and then marked down the line on the pinch weld according to the slider hole spacing. Worked perfect.

Jack it up...Line up the holes (8 bolts per pinch weld)

A little tweak there and a little hammer here. (12 self tap screws per frame). I'm not a welder so don't even go there.:rolleyes:

Not bad for some cheap protection from that off-camber tight trail slide.

#30,205 ·
Yes. I reused the wj pumps. I also reused one of the screws from the wj bottle on the zj bottle because it happens to line up with an existing hole on the inner fender... it's held in place pretty well so far

Also I took the emissions thing that was in the way and flipped the hoses to the back side of the brake fluid reservoir. I zip-tied it near the firewall
Could you post up a pic how you flipped the purge solenoid and canister? I have the bottle but haven't done it yet due to all that wonderful emission stuff in the way.

#30,208 ·
Could you post up a pic how you flipped the purge solenoid and canister? I have the bottle but haven't done it yet due to all that wonderful emission stuff in the way.
Disconnected hoses at red arrow. Flipped the 2 hoses 180 toward the firewall. Reconnected... in the same orientation of course.

Attachments

#30,210 ·
Paid $378 for new track bar.
Is $378 shipped and installed?

What brand is that? Was is gold plated?

I know there is some top shelf stuff out there....but that seems a little steep.

#30,211 ·
Woliwi said:
Is $378 shipped and installed? What brand is that? Was is gold plated? I know there is some top shelf stuff out there....but that seems a little steep.
Holy god!!.. $378.. I bet that track bar will make his jeep go 0-60 in 3.4 secs..

#30,213 ·
Is $378 shipped and installed?

What brand is that? Was is gold plated?

I know there is some top shelf stuff out there....but that seems a little steep.
Yeah, that was parts, labor, alignment, etc. I'd installed the last trackbar myself. Unfortunately, the combination of my failing steering gear box and the horrific roads here just destroyed the bushings in it. I managed to replace my steering gear box myself. But I'm leaving town for the weekend tomorrow and didn't have time to order a new track bar, take it apart, put the new one on, etc. So I sucked it up and went to my local Tuffy.

The last trackbar that I bought was around $90 from RockAuto.

#30,214 ·
roadcrew said:
check my build thread. I have a detailed write up on the 4.7 but should still be applicable.

#30,216 ·
Dropped it off at the dealership with just OME HD springs and bigger duratracs as my trade-in.. Gonna miss having a Jeep. =(

On the bright side, lots of WJ parts for sale in the classifieds.
What dealership?

#30,218 ·
Installed a JKS trackbar. Axle is centered but steering is sideways and the dang draglink won't budge. Gonna hit it with the torch at work in the morning. Should be an interesting drive in lol.

Also threw the roof rack back on for our wheelin trip this weekend.