What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1505 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-06-2013, 02:53 AM   #22561
ADragg
2003 WJ 

Here's some pics of it after the 1.5" Spydertrax wheel spacers I installed. I like the result but I need to further trim my front bumper now. I was at the hardware store today (picking up some of those hinged clevis pin clips to do the removable rear seat bottom mod) and some really cute girl was in the parking lot watching me get into my 'dub and I felt all badass ... until I started to back up out of the parking space and now she's staring with a "WTF?" look on her face from the loud sound of tread grinding on my front bumper!

Unread 07-06-2013, 06:01 AM   #22562
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonjm View Post
Loaded it up for tomorrow:

Good luck, I hope you're having fun right now. Your rig is a beast.
PSA - It would be nice if people made an attempt while typing to discuss their problems or opinions instead of one long sentence with no punctuation. Maybe I'm cynical, but that really pisses me off. Rant over.

"It's like saying I had a car I got that was painted by the previous owner. I had an accident so painting a car is unsafe." - cykaaro
99WJ539918 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #22563
doorjamm
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonjm

Thanks brother. Hopefully it does as well this weekend as I expect. Would be a bummer to build this after having my YJ and have it bomb.
I think you need a build name so people can go back and talk about it. "2001 on 37s" isn't much of a build name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADragg
Here's some pics of it after the 1.5" Spydertrax wheel spacers I installed. I like the result but I need to further trim my front bumper now. I was at the hardware store today (picking up some of those hinged clevis pin clips to do the removable rear seat bottom mod) and some really cute girl was in the parking lot watching me get into my 'dub and I felt all badass ... until I started to back up out of the parking space and now she's staring with a "WTF?" look on her face from the loud sound of tread grinding on my front bumper!
Haha that's too bad! Should've went and grabbed her number before you decided to back out.
doorjamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #22564
Turbozcs2003
2002 WJ 

Chenged the coolant and upper and lower radiator hoses and then changed the oil and filter.
Turbozcs2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #22565
jtcnj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Haven't been around in a while. Hi y'all fellow Jeepsters.

Spring time check up before boat towing season: oil change, all fluid and all visual inspections, 5 tire rotation, inspect brake surfaces and apply disc quiet again, still squeaks. Thought I destroyed the parking brake shoes after my wife said "whats that smell"? They are ok and checked the axle seals while i had the plate off.

Clean all the wheel BACKSIDES. It makes me very nervous snapping out and moving the wheel center cap to the spare from the new spare position occupant.

Having the idle jump up and wander again on start, after 2nd TPS replacement, this one IS a MOPAR TPS. On vacation this week, if the temps go down below 90F I'll pull the throttle body and clean it and the IAC again and re-check all vacuum fittings.

Sunroof leaked like a MF recently, wife wants to sell it.
She is a bit quick tempered. 0- FML in 10 seconds.

Pulled the A pillar trims and inspected the drain tubes, repeatedly and carefully snaked the front drain holes with a small pipe cleaner style brush and some canned air, garden hose test results: Flow so good it made me have to go pee.

Spring time wash/wax with attention to all door jamb areas: you know, the stuff you can see with the doors or hatch open.

Still on the detailing list: clean / detail / underhood, silicone all rubber weather stripping, air intake, hoses.

Most recent problem: Sunroof track binds and makes a pop, snap noise when opening. What the H, lets call it a Snap, Crackle, Pop noise. Track doesn't appear damaged but there are some knicks where something is binding. I wiped it all clean while dealing with the leak, I'll try some white lithium grease sparingly on it soon.

She's not a showgirl, but she plays one in my life.

Almost forgot, my wife's ride so I don't really drive it much. Took it out and let the V8 sing a bit. OOOHHH that feels GOOOOD.

"Dubyuh" or "Blue Bayou": Patriot Blue 2001 Up-Country WJ Limited 4.7L V8 Quadra Drive: for now known as "Al-Dente" after my wife's "mod".

New Addition 12/2011: "Pearl" Forest Green Pearlcoat 1999 xj SE 4.0L/AW4/231/8.25 mostly stock for now.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
Ronald Wilson Reagan
jtcnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #22566
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

Bedlined the front fenders today. Decided I liked the look and will be doing the rear fenders, side panels, and rear bumper soon. (The front bumper was already done.) Also wired up my CB yesterday. Ordered a 4ft tune able firestik and a spring today. Those are the last two pieces for my setup. Anyone know if I can I rent a SWR meter or will I have to buy one?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 07-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #22567
SierraRipper
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep01AH View Post
Bedlined the front fenders today. Decided I liked the look and will be doing the rear fenders, side panels, and rear bumper soon. (The front bumper was already done.)
You know the rule bud: pics or it didnt happen hahah

I was honestly thinking about bedlining the fenders all day yesterday and today but this week long rain is killer -_-
SierraRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #22568
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraRipper

I was honestly thinking about bedlining the fenders all day yesterday and today but this week long rain is killer -_-

Attachment 643591

Please ignore the peeling wheels. Those are getting repainted tonight after I get home.

Unread 07-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #22569
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraRipper View Post

Seems like it has rained every other day for the past two months. Really playing havoc with my arthritis. Also makes it hard to get out and work on the dub.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #22570
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idano12
Finally got around to changing the right rear window regulator/motor assembly.
When I got it open, someone had taken a piece of 1"X2" Maple, cut a groove in one end, put a cloth hand towel and some rags in the bottom of the door, wedged the piece of Maple between the window frame and the rags, and then duct taped it to the regulator rail to keep the window wedged closed.
Hahaha. Did the same to my front passenger window when it happened. Middle of winter in Chicago and didn't trust the blue painters tape I had holding the window up. Fixed it 2 weeks later when the parts came but sometimes you gotta do what u gotta do.
cr8zynelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #22571
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmac
I was bored, so I put a Plasti Dip strip on the hood.
I'd do it on raised parts of the hood. Either side of center. Hope you get bored again so I can see how it would turn out.
cr8zynelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #22572
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

Just finished sanding down the wheels. Ready for painting in the morning. I won't sacrifice sleep for many things, but I will almost always for working on the jeep.

Pics to come in the morning.

Unread 07-07-2013, 01:34 AM   #22573
skwarlo09

Got new rims and put my lift in
image-303699465.jpg

skwarlo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 02:30 AM   #22574
ADragg
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorjamm View Post
I think you need a build name so people can go back and talk about it. "2001 on 37s" isn't much of a build name.

Haha that's too bad! Should've went and grabbed her number before you decided to back out.
Haha yeah, she was with her family and (I think) dad, though. I'm at that awkward age where 16 and 17 year old high school girls look pretty much the same as the early 20's girls my age, so it doesn't seem like I'm too old for them and it doesn't seem weird to look at them, but technically I guess I am. Kind of a weird and almost sad feeling lol. It's weird when you're 5 years older than an 18 year-old when I pretty much still feel 18 myself. But I wasn't about to accidentally ask some 16 year old girl for her number ... in front of her dad lol

BOT: here's one more picture so you guys can see from the rear what 1.5" wheel spacers look like with JK wheels (and the rest of the specs of my WJ, which are in my signature). Love the stance they gave it. Sorry for the iPhoto effects and sorry if you guys are sick of seeing pics of my WJ!

Unread 07-07-2013, 02:49 AM   #22575
ADragg
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwarlo09 View Post
Got new rims and put my lift in
Looks good! I think it would look awesome with the lower "skid"/brush/trim piece thing that goes on the lower portion of the bumper on 04 Limited and Overlands with the style bumper you have, but painted to match the silver in the grill and the lip of the wheels. It would really tie together a subtle silver/brushed aluminum look some Fawkes Fab front D-ring recovery mounts with silver/plain un-painted D-rings would also tie in with it and look awesome, as well as serve an important purpose. And finally, if you didn't get Bilstein 5100's, then when your current shocks fail or you want to upgrade down the road, get those Bilsteins and they would tie in with the brushed/silver theme too! Hah sorry to get carried away all of the things I would do to your Jeep.

Can't wait to get my brand new 04 Laredo headlights in the mail so I can finally get rid of my chrome Limited headlights and complete my entire chrome delete (as well as tie together the whole black and white theme that much more. Maybe I'll throw a little silver contrast in there too since I already have the silver JK wheels and silver/brushed Bilstein shocks, and could do a silver rear shackle and silver front Fawkes shackles. Then maybe an 04 grill with silver center and black surround... getting carried away again...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.