What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1503 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #22531
ADragg
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCussFreq View Post
Got my lift finished up! Taking it in for the alignment and finishing touches tomorrow.

Looks good! By the way, where did you get those Laredo headlights? They look like new ones, so I'm guessing they're aftermarket OEM style ones. If so, what brand? I just ordered some TYC ones from RockAuto and I'm hoping they will work out, fit well, and be high quality.

Kolak says he only trusts the $150 Crown ones because the cheaper ones like TYC and Eagle Eyes don't seal well enough and end up with water on the inside. But I got mine specifically to do a projector retrofit for true HID setup, so I'll be taking them apart and re-sealing them by hand with better glue anyway. So I'm not worried about them leaking. I'm in the driest climate in the US anyway lol. No rust or condensation to worry about here... just the insane toll the heats takes on everything... Glad WJ's have good paint and mine's white anyway, but I'm sad that my leather is starting to age a bit. It was the most beautiful satin taupe leather I've ever seen when it was new

BOT: I put on some Spydertrax 1.5" wheel spacers late last night so now my Duratracs/JK Moabs stick out a little bit from the wheel well. Love the stance and will post pictures soon.

Unread 07-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #22532
ADragg
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastieShep View Post
Nothing exciting. Just replaced a blown upper radiator hose and the 2 gallons of coolant it blew out all over my engine bay.
:/ Sorry to hear that. Get the highest quality hoses you can get, not the crap Auto Zone sells. Look at the name brands that RockAuto sells and try to track down one of those in town (or just pay the premium at the dealership, which isn't probably much). If nothing else, I think Napa usually has the best off-the-shelf parts, but you need to go to O'Reiley's for the HOAT coolant (Zerex G-05), or get the real Mopar stuff from the Dealership. Oh, and buy the best hose clamps you can find and tighten them up TIGHT, as something about the WJ connections or hoses themselves doesn't seal real well. The stock clamps are so friggin' tight for that reason, but when you switch to the regular style hose clamps, they usually take a lot of tightening and still end up leaking if they're not good clamps. Off-the-shelf Auto Zone clamps don't cut it for me. Lots of people find they still have a leak after replacing radiator/hose/etc and it ends up being that the replacement hose clamps weren't tight enough or the cheap Auto Zone hoses weren't capable of being tightened down enough without being pinched way to hard where it's obvious they will tear in the near future.

That's where I'm at currently, I got cheap AZone hoses and they're very soft rubber (they also almost kink at the bottom from not being rigid enough and also not fitting quite right), and AZone clamps that can barely be tightened enough and still occasionally drip. The clamps are so tight and the hoses are so flimsy and soft that the rubber just bulges around the clamp and the lower hose kinks almost like a garden hose, almost certainly limiting my coolant flow. Just ordered some (hopefully) good clamps in a big order of stuff from RockAuto and I wish I had picked up good hoses too. My advice is to not go cheap on it and make sure to get the HOAT coolant. Go to the dealership for all of the supplies if you have to. Try to get a rigid Goodyear hose or whatever that's quality.
Unread 07-04-2013, 11:55 PM   #22533
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADragg View Post
Looks good! By the way, where did you get those Laredo headlights? They look like new ones, so I'm guessing they're aftermarket OEM style ones. If so, what brand? I just ordered some TYC ones from RockAuto and I'm hoping they will work out, fit well, and be high quality.

Kolak says he only trusts the $150 Crown ones because the cheaper ones like TYC and Eagle Eyes don't seal well enough and end up with water on the inside. But I got mine specifically to do a projector retrofit for true HID setup, so I'll be taking them apart and re-sealing them by hand with better glue anyway. So I'm not worried about them leaking. I'm in the driest climate in the US anyway lol. No rust or condensation to worry about here... just the insane toll the heats takes on everything... Glad WJ's have good paint and mine's white anyway, but I'm sad that my leather is starting to age a bit. It was the most beautiful satin taupe leather I've ever seen when it was new

BOT: I put on some Spydertrax 1.5" wheel spacers late last night so now my Duratracs/JK Moabs stick out a little bit from the wheel well. Love the stance and will post pictures soon.
Got the Eagle Eye ones for my retro and they've been great. Fit just like the originals, and plastic feels like they used good quality and not cheap-*** stuff

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #22534
jeepinjeepin
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep01AH

I'll be mounting it to the top of the driver side tail light. I'm thinking I should probably get the 4ft antenna then.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03grndcherokee

I got 3ft on my jeep and it works one. Would probably work better if it was bigger tho. I have mine mounted above the tail light as well

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho

On a roof basket,,,,, I like that idea, I could get away with a shorter stick then
Quote:
Originally Posted by cykaaro
Would go at least the 4ft, if not, a 102" whip. The higher the better.
36' is a full wave for CB. I don't think full wave verticals are possible. A 27' antenna would be possible, but not probable. The longest that is reasonable is the 102" steel whip. For talking to other vehicles that you are within sight of a 2'-4' antenna is more than sufficient. The shorter the antenna the quicker the SWR gets out of whack though.
jeepinjeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #22535
SirCussFreq
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADragg View Post
Thanks, I got those headlights off of Amazon. $91 for the pair. Amazon says they don't fit a Limited, but we know better Not sure what brand, I guess "AutoLightsBulbs"...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0024NSLJ8/

Their aim is a little off, though. After installing, they seem to be a bit too centered. I still need to see if I can put some washers on the inside mount posts to adjust them horizontally a little bit, but they work OK for now. So far, no moisture inside these.
SirCussFreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #22536
Merc1973
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1973 View Post
I am currently sitting on the side of the road since my driver side Coral Springs popped out I knew I shoulda put those IRO spring retainers on....
Wheeling on the flatbed!!!

I have the clip type of IRO retainers to prevent this from happening again, anyone have pics of them installed?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Merc1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #22537
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

^ Did it pop out while driving on road?
Unread 07-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #22538
Merc1973
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSWJ View Post
^ Did it pop out while driving on road?
Yep. Just had oil changed at dealer 1 mile down the road and BANG!!!!, spring must have gotten unseated from being on the hoist. Luckily I was only driving about 30 mph. No damage.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Merc1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #22539
oaklyjeep10
2002 WJ 

Finished the bumper the other day to match the front:
fd9dc0b1-e5a8-46a7-a674-90b31c2c6796-5612-0000031834be385a_zps4170009e.jpg   d8b5f433-49bf-488e-8cf1-3dd792608163-8579-00000497cc2d3901_zps49e971ca.jpg  
RCLAs | IRO 6.5" springs| Nitto Trail Grapplers 35s | Smitty built 8000 | Custom front Bumper | Complete sound system 2 12s | BTF cover and truss (rear) | Custom sliders | Flashpaq [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/dhalls-build-1508292/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/dhalls-build-1508292/[/URL]
oaklyjeep10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #22540
DzasterLUC
2002 WJ 

It was the liquid stuff that came in gallons definitely. Ordered from dipyourcar.com $200 in plastidip
DzasterLUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #22541
brouwmat
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklyjeep10 View Post
Finished the bumper the other day to match the front:
Look pretty sweet!
brouwmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #22542
11B-33T
Grumpy vet

2004 WJ 

Scored an automatic dimming rearview mirror from the JY but they cut the cable!

Does the cable require a connector or do I have to splice wires now?
11B-33T is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #22543
roadcrew
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinjeepin View Post

36' is a full wave for CB. I don't think full wave verticals are possible. A 27' antenna would be possible, but not probable. The longest that is reasonable is the 102" steel whip. For talking to other vehicles that you are within sight of a 2'-4' antenna is more than sufficient. The shorter the antenna the quicker the SWR gets out of whack though.
I have a 5' fiberglass that gets out well but once I put the 102 whip I noticed a big difference. I keep the 5' for the trails.
I average 10-15 miles talk radius. But have done 40 miles on a quiet night with out "skipping".
roadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #22544
lance-tek
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11B-33T View Post
Scored an automatic dimming rearview mirror from the JY but they cut the cable!

Does the cable require a connector or do I have to splice wires now?
the cable is in your WJ already. Just loosen the screws on the driver's side visor clip and and take off the EVIC, then reach up there and pull the wire down. You won't need to splice anything
Unread 07-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #22545
ATrueRyno
2000 WJ 

Parked the SOB until I get this issue resolved lol http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...e-lol-1545254/

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.