What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1493 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 06-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #22381
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

MOOG TREs

Unread 06-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #22382
SKI_VT
2000 WJ 

Got death wobble on the highway while crossing a bridge ...

Great.
Unread 06-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #22383
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post

Nice I have to do that, just scared that the airbag will go off, like the guy at the dealership said
Just make sure you disconnect both terminals from the battery and don't work on it for at least 20 minutes. Use a two jaw puller (I bought a three jaw that converted to a two jaw from AutoZone). I had the correct socket. It was actually pretty easy. I printed the directions and I could probably do it without instructions, now. Too bad it didn't make my air bag light go off. I read someone's post that said a TSB mentions changing the Airbag Control Module to a 2004 model. If so, what is the number of the TSB?

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 02:30 PM   #22384
bigredhawkeye
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy88 View Post
I made it. My seat covers have that on them. I couldn't find that logo anywhere so I made my own :-)
You should think about making some more of those! I'm sure there would be quite a few of us who would gladly buy them from you.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/2000-wj-build-cadets-budget-1374433/"]WJ Expedition Build Thread[/URL][/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/114319-Planning-one-last-trip-(CO-UT-OR-WA-CAN-Alaska-etc-)-for-my-Dad-and-I"]My Travel Thread[/URL]
bigredhawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #22385
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinjeepin View Post

Any idea which vehicles might share the same towing package harness as the WJ? The harness that runs from driver rear corner.
A couple of pages back, GCJEEPING mentions that the hitch plug is the same as that on a dodge truck. You might ask him. I couldn't tell you about the hitch, but I do know that the Chrysler cars and Dodge trucks have the same EVICS and head units.

rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #22386
derekmac

2002 WJ 

Took the ole girl through some mud, lots of mud! Don't really have any pics of me though :-(

Here's a vid I made of the trip though.
Future: 4" lift and lockers

Build thread.
derekmac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #22387
Meta4
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post
Just make sure you disconnect both terminals from the battery and don't work on it for at least 20 minutes. Use a two jaw puller (I bought a three jaw that converted to a two jaw from AutoZone). I had the correct socket. It was actually pretty easy. I printed the directions and I could probably do it without instructions, now. Too bad it didn't make my air bag light go off. I read someone's post that said a TSB mentions changing the Airbag Control Module to a 2004 model. If so, what is the number of the TSB?

Keep in mind the nut that holds the steering wheel onto the shaft is a one-time-use Nylock nut. When you remove it, you need to replace it with a new one.
Unread 06-29-2013, 04:35 PM   #22388
mrowaan
1999 WJ 

Oil changed with Mobil One full synthetic. Greased it. My new front skid plate does make it a pain to get to the filter, oh well.
Unread 06-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #22389
11B-33T
Grumpy vet

2004 WJ 

Installed today:

wiring harness install & routing was a breeze. The hardest part was removing the d@*n plastic fascia rivets which I ended up just cutting and using replacement universal trim/panel retainers.

I also tried to save a whole $8.00 by ordering the bezel on-line vs. the dealership. Ordered last Saturday and currents status is awaiting pickup at the vendor by UPS. Said screw waiting, cut the bumper and installed anyway.
11B-33T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #22390
jeepinjeepin
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11B-33T
Installed today:

wiring harness install & routing was a breeze. The hardest part was removing the d@*n plastic fascia rivets which I ended up just cutting and using replacement universal trim/panel retainers.

I also tried to save a whole $8.00 by ordering the bezel on-line vs. the dealership. Ordered last Saturday and currents status is awaiting pickup at the vendor by UPS. Said screw waiting, cut the bumper and installed anyway.
Did you have to install the whole harness from the left rear corner down? If so, did you go with the dealership, online, or junk yard?
jeepinjeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #22391
11B-33T
Grumpy vet

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinjeepin View Post
Did you have to install the whole harness from the left rear corner down? If so, did you go with the dealership, online, or junk yard?
The hitch was from a local JY and included the wiring harness. I followed the instructions and wired into the OEM plug already installed in the L/R corner of the Jeep.
11B-33T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 10:48 PM   #22392
JRobes
2004 WJ 

flushed the coolant, easier than I thought it'd be.
Pearl Black 2004 Overland - OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100 shocks, JKS Quick Disco's, JKS Track Bar, IRO Rear Sway Bar Links, Moog TRE's, K&N filter, Audio Aux Input, 10th Anniv. 2013 Rubi Rims, 32.1" BFG KM's, removable rear seat mod
JRobes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 11:01 PM   #22393
buger561
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11B-33T View Post
Installed today:=

I'm losing patience as well. Anyone know if the bezel from a laredo will fit a limited flush? I've heard otherwise, but may just have to go back to the JY and pick one up.

Also, is that a class IV hitch? The one I grabbed does not have the extra bracket on the bottom.
buger561 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 11:27 PM   #22394
lance-tek
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buger561 View Post
I'm losing patience as well. Anyone know if the bezel from a laredo will fit a limited flush? I've heard otherwise, but may just have to go back to the JY and pick one up.

Also, is that a class IV hitch? The one I grabbed does not have the extra bracket on the bottom.
the one I got at the JY and installed didn't have that bracket either. I don't recall seeing anything about it in the install instructions either... what is it?
Unread 06-30-2013, 12:09 AM   #22395
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Mine looked basically like that, but had both brackets on, not just the one.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.