What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1489 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 06-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #22321
tj_nite
2014 MK Compass 

*SOLD 2001 wj laredo 4x4. will be missed *
tj_nite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #22322
1999wjlimited
1999 WJ 

Link no work.
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:27 PM   #22323
r_kelly252
2001 WJ 

Idk man...I've heard terrible reviews on harbor freight winches.
I myself bought one on ebay (hold your comments) after my warn...(somehow the damn winch was not waterproof, brushes caked of mud and burnt out) on my Honda rancher failed. I bought one from moto alliance, lifetime warranty AND 100%made in america. Warn however is assembling these in america with foreign parts. Or vice versa...not 100% american made.
I hope for your sake this winch works out for you.
But that bumper is fine as hell....you going into wj bumper business by chance?
r_kelly252 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #22324
1999wjlimited
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_kelly252
I myself bought one on ebay (hold your comments) after my warn...(somehow the damn winch was not waterproof, brushes caked of mud and burnt out) on my Honda rancher failed. I bought one from moto alliance, lifetime warranty AND 100%made in america. Warn however is assembling these in america with foreign parts. Or vice versa...not 100% american made.
On second thought after reading some of the reviews on it I may return in and get a smittybuilt xrc8 off ebay it would be the same price after the taxes and I've heard people say good things about them.
Unread 06-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #22325
Jer-Bear
2002 WJ 

Ran Seafoam through the brake booster line. Hoping it will help with hesitation and such.
Unread 06-26-2013, 04:07 AM   #22326
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_kelly252 View Post
But that bumper is fine as hell....you going into wj bumper business by chance?
Not to bust your bubble but it says right on the moto alliance website that they import some of their parts.

Nothing is 100% US made anymore unfortunately.

As far as Warn goes, I got a direct response from them about this before I bought mine and you're pretty much correct. They use some global parts in their winches, but with the exception of the VR8000 winch, all their truck/SUV winches are made in Oregon. I can't speak for their ATV winches, they were very specific in their wording on the response to single out their truck/SUV line.

This isn't any different from the company you mentioned.

That all said, I ran a cheaper winch on my YJ (Harbor Freight actually) and made dozens of pulls with it without any issues. I would be willing to wager the major parts of all the value winches (motor, gears) are almost identical.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #22327
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonjm

Not to bust your bubble but it says right on the moto alliance website that they import some of their parts.

Nothing is 100% US made anymore unfortunately.

As far as Warn goes, I got a direct response from them about this before I bought mine and you're pretty much correct. They use some global parts in their winches, but with the exception of the VR8000 winch, all their truck/SUV winches are made in Oregon. I can't speak for their ATV winches, they were very specific in their wording on the response to single out their truck/SUV line.

This isn't any different from the company you mentioned.

That all said, I ran a cheaper winch on my YJ (Harbor Freight actually) and made dozens of pulls with it without any issues. I would be willing to wager the major parts of all the value winches (motor, gears) are almost identical.
Yeah the badlands winches are pretty good my buddy has one on his Toyota truck he has done lots of pulls with it and it has held up now for 4 years, I am going to be putting the same one on the dub

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #22328
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

also picked this up from harbor freight tonight it was on sale and I had a 20% off coupon

[/QUOTE]

How did that cost you with the sale and coupon?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 06-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #22329
1999wjlimited
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep01AH
also picked this up from harbor freight tonight it was on sale and I had a 20% off coupon

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum[/QUOTE]

It was 299 after tax
Unread 06-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #22330
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999wjlimited

It was 299 after tax[/QUOTE]

Pretty good deal! Thanks!

Unread 06-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #22331
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Finally got the call. My front LCA's are in!! WOOWHO!! Need to get them as soon as I can. Hopefully this will clear up a bunch of my issues.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #22332
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep01AH

It was 299 after tax
Pretty good deal! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum[/QUOTE]

You can get smittybilt xrc8 for that just thought I would let you know
Timbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #22333
radryan505
2002 WJ 

Just picked up some ruby stocks, wheels and tires 255/75/17s.... ONLY $150 FOR ALL 5!!! Now i need some advice and picture on some trimming ideas (leave the fog lights or not). I am waaaay pumped about the move. I have a 2" BB and I am looking to get some spacers also.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d8...banner-1-1.jpg

Fetal Panic Ink---- Custom Shirts and Vinyl Decals----Fetalpanicink.com or Facebook Fetal Panic Ink.
radryan505 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #22334
lance-tek
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by radryan505 View Post
Just picked up some ruby stocks, wheels and tires 255/75/17s.... ONLY $150 FOR ALL 5!!! Now i need some advice and picture on some trimming ideas (leave the fog lights or not). I am waaaay pumped about the move. I have a 2" BB and I am looking to get some spacers also.
with 3" in I can keep the fogs in with no worries. I also run 1.5" spacers. There is plenty of room left to trim too. So, I am going to guess that with 1" less (providing all lifts are measured dead on) I would think you are fine. But, I'm still jealous that you got all 5 for $150...
Unread 06-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #22335
lance-tek
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999wjlimited View Post
Flatland4x4 bumper tact welded in together ready for a test fit.

What was the largest piece of steel you needed for this? Also, what was the gauge of the steel they said to use? I am wondering if I can do it all from scrap or if I would have to buy a full sheet

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.