What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1482 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 06-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #22216
wschilawski
2002 WJ 

Attended the 3rd annual Titletown Jeepers Meet and Greet. Was the only WJ there with a bunch of JKs and a few XJs and ZJs. Overall great time with great people and excellent food!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

image-1021957125.jpg  
2 BDS Lift | Spacer | JKS Adj. TrackBar | ProComp Shocks | KOR TB Bushings | KOR SS | IRO Upper/Lower Control Arms | Kenwood eXcelon Head Unit | Sony Speakers | RC 1.5 Wheel Spacers | 255/70/16 General AT2s | Predator Bullbar w/ Fawkes Relocation | Rage Roof Rack | 8,000K HID Conversion | Hella 500FF Lights | K&N FIPK Intake | Titletown Jeepers
wschilawski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #22217
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11B-33T View Post
Picked this up for for install:

Now just looking for the rear bumper fascia bezel...
Nice! That looks in great shape!

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #22218
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcorvino View Post
You don't even know. I was ready to sell it for $2500 or what ever my best offer was just to get rid of it. Wasn't worth keeping as an extra vehicle... But now it seems almost stupid to sell it for so little.

I have 2 tiny, hardly visible rust patches. If I get those dealt with... I'll just keep it. Everything else works and I get 22 mpg driving reasonably.
Had to get a new engine last november. Now finding that pretty near all the suspension control arms are no good. Two more to go, and possibly a track bar. Had a ujoint in the rear drive shaft go, rear seal go, just over a year old wheel bearing go due to the control arm issue, front drive shaft. Just never ends it seems. Front uppers, and A-arm and the one bad rear lower all have been done. As soon as my new front lowers come in, they'll be put in. At least I get really good gas mileage!!

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
Unread 06-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #22219
shocking1
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep01AH
Had to buy a breaker bar but got the calipers and rotors off. New ones go on after the hawks game and they will be bedded in tomorrow morning. Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
I had to use a breaker bar and heat today too put slotted rotors and ceramic pads
shocking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #22220
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Do I have things I should do? Yep! Did I do anything of them? Nope! Yep. A really lazy day. Too tired to do anything. THink I napped three or four times though.

Unread 06-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #22221
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Sucks - it's a lose / lose. Don't want to get rid of it after dumping $$$ in... But don't want to keep it because you know more stupid issues are coming.
elcorvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #22222
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Yep. Hate having to start over at square one with the WJ, but what can ya do? Lost the ZJ, and this is just how it goes.

Unread 06-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #22223
Meta4
2004 WJ 

Installed the new ARB front differential cover and drained and refilled the transfer case. That's the last fluid change on my maintenance list, so I'm pretty happy about that. The ARB looks great, but I didn't have a chance to drive the WJ around after the install. Hopefully everything is nice and tidy!

New sway bar links will be here Tuesday, so hopefully I can eliminate the clunk I introduced when I installed the Addco rear sway bar on Thursday.
Unread 06-23-2013, 02:41 AM   #22224
doorjamm
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykaaro

Bastards. I'd wait until cover of darknes and put it in the garage, cover up the windows from the inside so they can't snoop in since it seems that they are, and call it a day. I keep mine in my garage and they can't say **** here. Out on the street or even my driveway causes issues here. I don't understand how they can give you an alternative that's impossible to do. That's just being nasty in my eyes.

If anyone says anything, ask how does anyone know it's inoperable or not? Has someone violate your privacy and gone into your vehicle? Isn't that invasion of privacy? Here I think they thought my jeep wouldn't fit into my garage. They were wrong. Bottom line is as long as no one can see it, they don't gripe. Hope you get it sorted out.

Maybe we should all bring our jeeps over and visit you and really give them something to gripe about. I absolutely hate nosey *******es like this that have nothing better to do than cause issues for others that are none fo their business. People like that need a good *****slap or 10.
Unfortunately, it's too tall to fit in the garage or I would. I'm assuming the 4x4 block behind the wheel is what triggered them to assume its a non-op. But it wouldn't be difficult to see right under the front bumper and notice there is no motor I guess since the jeep is lifted so high.

I would actually love to have everyone bring some WJs over and park them ridiculously or leave them for a few days in my street and drive my neighbors crazy. The amount of HOA regulations all my neighbors break is ridiculous. They never get complaints. Pretty sure they just don't like my vehicle, and figure anything lifted in a decent suburb is "white trash". Soo... Jeep meet at my house next week?
doorjamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 02:45 AM   #22225
USFORCES
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by go-big View Post
Attachment 640659

Replaced gas tank skid plate
Isn't there a recall inspection for the gas tank, wonder it they would have fixed that.
Unread 06-23-2013, 03:00 AM   #22226
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorjamm View Post
Unfortunately, it's too tall to fit in the garage or I would. I'm assuming the 4x4 block behind the wheel is what triggered them to assume its a non-op. But it wouldn't be difficult to see right under the front bumper and notice there is no motor I guess since the jeep is lifted so high.

I would actually love to have everyone bring some WJs over and park them ridiculously or leave them for a few days in my street and drive my neighbors crazy. The amount of HOA regulations all my neighbors break is ridiculous. They never get complaints. Pretty sure they just don't like my vehicle, and figure anything lifted in a decent suburb is "white trash". Soo... Jeep meet at my house next week?
Used to park my XJ (6" on 33's) on my buddies TJ tire (6" on 35's) all the time and we'd go have a coffee. Was funny as hell watching people. Need to do that right in your driveway and leave it like that for the better part of a saturday or something. They'd be having kittens!! LOL

Any chance to put smaller wheels on temporarily so you can fit it in? Might be a solution.

Unread 06-23-2013, 03:01 AM   #22227
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFORCES View Post
Isn't there a recall inspection for the gas tank, wonder it they would have fixed that.
From what's been being said, quite possible. Keep your receipt!!

Unread 06-23-2013, 03:51 AM   #22228
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykaaro View Post
Any chance to put smaller wheels on temporarily so you can fit it in? Might be a solution.
Good call. Find the cheapest, smallest size tire you can find on Craigslist and try it out.
PSA - It would be nice if people made an attempt while typing to discuss their problems or opinions instead of one long sentence with no punctuation. Maybe I'm cynical, but that really pisses me off. Rant over.

"It's like saying I had a car I got that was painted by the previous owner. I had an accident so painting a car is unsafe." - cykaaro
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 04:01 AM   #22229
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Well, if you know how many inches you need to clear, would be easy to figure out what you need height wise maximum. Other would be get 4 donut spares from the wreckers. If they can handle the weight, and they should, you can't get smaller than that usually, and they normally can't give them away so to speak so maybe can pick up dirt cheap.

(Can you tell I don't like to be told what to do with my property? Yep, I've had a few run-ins here with those who would want everything their way cause they don't like this or that. You should see what I've done with my garden! Gotta push the envelope!)

Unread 06-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #22230
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

You can also ratchet strap your suspension down with a car tie down style strap and/or let air out of your tires.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.