What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1462 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Hella Rallye 1000 Series 12-Volt/55-Watt Black Magic HalogFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Jeep Wrangler Hurricane Flat Fender Flare Kits for 2007-20

Unread 06-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #21916
Zacedward
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wschilawski View Post

2" fat bobs with 3/4 spacer. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Nice

UJC #181 2004 jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L v8, 2"bb, kolak 3 " exhaust flowmaster 50 SUV , Rola roof basket, k&n cai,245/75 /16 A/T
Zacedward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #21917
javis4x4
2001 WJ 

image-3091746786.jpg
javis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #21918
1999wjlimited
1999 WJ 

Looks like fun
Unread 06-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #21919
Meta4
2004 WJ 

Installed a new Mopar TPS today, finally got rid of the crazy idle. I tried cleaning the IAC and the throttle body previously, then replaced the IAC with a Delphi part yesterday and still no joy. The TPS worked like a charm though. Not only does my 4.7L HO finally idle consistently at 650 or so (it was swinging from 500RPM to 2,200RPM at idle), but I've noticed the random clunky downshifts have disappeared while cruising.

For anyone that needs one, I found the Mopar TPS on Amazon for $74 shipped.

Edit: Almost forgot. I also bought the cabin air filter kit with the housing and installed that today. The housing is a flimsy Chinese POS, so it blows my mind that Chrysler couldn't spring for something that probably would have cost them $1.50 in bulk when building a $40,000 Overland. With a brand new filter, I didn't notice any loss in air speed/volume from the vents.
Unread 06-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #21920
WiLieR
1999 WJ 

Finished wiring in my lights. Hella 500ff on bumper, Hella Rallye 4000 compacts on rack.

Now with the two position switches and my relay setup I can have the lights on all the time or just on with high beam only. Will make night time trips on dark middle of nowhere back roads much better.

Tossed onto the interwebs via iPhone
Unread 06-11-2013, 12:17 AM   #21921
ADragg
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep04 View Post
Very sad day, I sold the jeep yesterday and it just hit me today. ...I still can't stop coming on here though it's just a habit now.... it went to a guy who has an overland and loves jeeps and he is taking it to the jeep festival this month in pa which made it even harder cause that was going to be my first jeep gathering....oh well just gotta get use to not seeing my baby parked in the garage.
Sad, I think I've seen pictures of yours before and really liked that. Your Jeep was one of the ones that made me realize I just had to have Duratracs despite their quirks, because they're just the best looking all-around tire on a lifted WJ. Do you have a build thread? If so, link please?
ADragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 12:27 AM   #21922
ADragg
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta4 View Post
With a brand new filter, I didn't notice any loss in air speed/volume from the vents.
Are you saying that the filter and/or the whole setup is so bad that it must not be doing anything if there was no loss in volume of air flow from the vents? Or are you saying that it's a Chinese POS but it still seems to work fine? Do you think it's worth it?
Unread 06-11-2013, 12:38 AM   #21923
ADragg
2003 WJ 

After more than two months, my all of my parts for my lift are finally here! This was the final piece to the puzzle, the OME HD 3" springs which arrived today.

Now I have ready to go on:
-OME HD 3" Springs
-Bilstein 5100 shocks
-JKS Adj. Track Bar
-IRO extended rear sway bar links
-Moog Super Trail Boss SS
-Crown coil spring isolators
-OME 10mm (1/2") spacers

Also just got a nice low profile (in case I have another lowered car in the future) big ol' high lift jack, since my old jack barely lifts the stock height WJ high enough to get it on jack stands (unless I lift it from the axles, which I guess is a no-no). The massive new jack will be able to lift the dub almost 21 inches and pumps it up into the air with speed! Should be very useful for this lift procedure and future projects.

Unread 06-11-2013, 12:46 AM   #21924
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADragg View Post
After more than two months, my all of my parts for my lift are finally here! This was the final piece to the puzzle, the OME HD 3" springs which arrived today.

Now I have ready to go on:
-OME HD 3" Springs
-Bilstein 5100 shocks
-JKS Adj. Track Bar
-IRO extended rear sway bar links
-Moog Super Trail Boss SS
-Crown coil spring isolators
-OME 10mm (1/2") spacers

Also just got a nice low profile (in case I have another lowered car in the future) big ol' high lift jack, since my old jack barely lifts the stock height WJ high enough to get it on jack stands (unless I lift it from the axles, which I guess is a no-no). The massive new jack will be able to lift the dub almost 21 inches and pumps it up into the air with speed! Should be very useful for this lift procedure and future projects.
Nice, I'm going to start piecing my lift together soon. You're feeling good now, just wait until you get that lift on!
PSA - It would be nice if people made an attempt while typing to discuss their problems or opinions instead of one long sentence with no punctuation. Maybe I'm cynical, but that really pisses me off. Rant over.

"It's like saying I had a car I got that was painted by the previous owner. I had an accident so painting a car is unsafe." - cykaaro
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 01:12 AM   #21925
ADragg
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJ539918 View Post
Nice, I'm going to start piecing my lift together soon. You're feeling good now, just wait until you get that lift on!
Yeah buddy! Can't wait, as I've been waiting forever, feels like. These springs, which are pretty much the best springs you can get for the WJ in this size, have been pretty scarce. But now OME has realized the demand for them and there are already another 50 sets on their way to the US so others shouldn't have to go through the long wait for them.

If you haven't already, talk to Kolak for your lift. He will help you piece together the best parts you can get within your budget. He has the Bilstein's at the best price and if you can't get those, he will set you up with some other good shocks. He will make sure every part suits your needs and will let you know if you're making a mistake on any parts you were planning to get. You'll get a better deal on everything and you'll just pay one lump sum to him and he'll do all the work ordering the parts for you instead of you having to order them all yourself.

I can pretty much promise you you'll be glad you talked to him. He completely changed my mind on most of the stuff I planned to get, but for the better. Now I won't have some DT 8000 shocks that break my back or springs that sag when I try to haul any cargo, etc. He won't make you spend more than you want to, but he'll make sure you get the very best parts you can within each price range.
Unread 06-11-2013, 01:35 AM   #21926
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

I'll most likely talk to him if I end up buying everything at once. I'm hoping to have the same lift as you. Hey some good before and after pics.
PSA - It would be nice if people made an attempt while typing to discuss their problems or opinions instead of one long sentence with no punctuation. Maybe I'm cynical, but that really pisses me off. Rant over.

"It's like saying I had a car I got that was painted by the previous owner. I had an accident so painting a car is unsafe." - cykaaro
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 02:00 AM   #21927
ADragg
2003 WJ 

Quote:
I'll most likely talk to him if I end up buying everything at once. I'm hoping to have the same lift as you. Hey some good before and after pics.
Will do. You don't need to buy everything at once, though. Even if you do, it will all ship from different places and it's not an actual kit that he has all pieced together already. Everything I bought was purchased as individual items, so I could have pieced it together over time and it would have still cost the same.
Unread 06-11-2013, 02:14 AM   #21928
03azwj
2003 WJ 

Quote:
I pieced together almost the exact same setup from him over about two months. Great setup and I've had it on for about 4 months now. Just got adjustable ca's and they are amazing. The ride is unbelievable
3" OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100, JKS adjustable trackbar, Moog SS, IRO UCA'S & LCA'S, 3/4" front and rear spacers, BFG M/T km LT255/75R17, JK Rubicon takeoffs, 8K HIDS Hi's & Lo's. full Rockford Fosgate set-up, blue l.e.d. interior, clumsy driver
03azwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 06:15 AM   #21929
jeep04
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Sad, I think I've seen pictures of yours before and really liked that. Your Jeep was one of the ones that made me realize I just had to have Duratracs despite their quirks, because they're just the best looking all-around tire on a lifted WJ. Do you have a build thread? If so, link please?
Never got around to doing a build thread, wish I would have just to keep track of what was done and when ..... and to look back on now that she's gone plus the new owner said he visits this forum a little so I'm sure that would have been a plus for him as well
04 Jeep wj Limited 4.7 <> 6.5" Iron Rock long arms front & Adjustable lowers on rear <> Bilstein 5100's <> 285/70r17 Goodyear Duratracs <> M/T black classic lock wheels <> Addco swaybars <> Superchips 3875 <> Magnaflow Stainless exhaust <> 2 Kicker comp 12's <> Kenwood head unit.
jeep04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #21930
Meta4
2004 WJ 

Wj

Quote:
Are you saying that the filter and/or the whole setup is so bad that it must not be doing anything if there was no loss in volume of air flow from the vents? Or are you saying that it's a Chinese POS but it still seems to work fine? Do you think it's worth it?
The filter seems to be fairly decent for a cabin air filter, but the housing is just absolute garbage. The "door" panel that holds the filter in can hardly hold itself in. Thankfully the filter itself fits fairly snugly in the housing.

For the moment, I think the filter will catch about 95% of the crud with some dust and what-not getting around the housing on the driver's side. There is a flimsy clip on the passenger side that attached to the body and two cheap plastic retainers in the center, but nothing at all on the right side of the housing to hold it to the body.

I think the cabin air filter will be an improvement and drastically reduce the amount of dust and debris that winds up in the Jeep, but I'll hold off on a recommendation until I can put some miles on her and see how well it works.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.