What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1453 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-05-2013, 11:21 PM   #21781
shineybritelite
2000 WJ 

Finally put a set of 2013 JK 255/75R17 wheels/tires onto the WJ. I put the IRO 3" lift on last weekend. Addco rear sway bar and a pair of NGK o2 sensors should be here Friday. Things are starting to turn out nicely.

shineybritelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 12:55 AM   #21782
ADragg
2003 WJ 

Here's what I've been up to lately:

-New Pioneer Head Unit: Cost $450 after extended warranty, all of the extra hardware/components, and installed with the Bluetooth mic mounted nicely and USB inputs routed to my glove box (which was way too much considering I could have done it all myself for at least $100 less). Expensive, but it's a nice unit and sounds great even with the stock speakers and the stock Infinity amp still in the signal chain. It's a good starting point to build on. Again, too much money, and I won't make that mistake again, but at least it's done nicely and it took half an hour of sitting in a waiting room watching TV = no headache for me!

-Tinted tail lights (went a little darker than I wanted, but it will tie the black and white theme together nicely. Chrome delete is still a work in progress)

-Repaired some tears/rips in my front bumper with epoxy and other other stuff and it was a lot of work, but it's fixed. I primed, smoothed out, and repainted using Stone White (PW1) Duplicolor from Auto Zone and then plenty of clear coat, wet sanding, and finally polishing. Paint job turned out great, but if you look very close in person, the paint is a little "yellow" compared to the factory paint. I know there are two designations of Stone White from Duplicolor and I got the common one (PW1). Not sure if maybe the other one would have matched better but I'm going to do an 04 front end conversion and get it professionally painted down the road.

-Plasti-dipped my aftermarket ebay grill, front Jeep logo (still need to do al other logos as part of chrome delete) and lower portion of bumper. The grill looks pretty good, in my opinion, but I'll be getting an 04 OEM one soon and will keep the black and white them when I get it.

-Added a Smittybuilt rear shackle to my hitch with locking pin. Like it and I'm sure it will come in handy, but I need to sort out the rattle/clunk when I hit hard bumps.

-Cleaned throttle body and IAC (which were very black) and replaced spark plugs (a pain but not as bad as some made it seem). The engine always ran and idled well, but the idle is SO smooth and consistent now and throttle response and power increase is noticeable. I wasn't expecting it, but it seems to be back to that level of power that it had 5+ years ago where you would barely hit the gas and it just responds immediately and lurches forward and scares you a bit. It took me by surprise a couple of times. The intake and exhaust seem much more audible now for some reason and the power increase is noticeable. It has that quick throttle response and torque-y power that I remember it having when it was much newer. And I wasn't expecting it to feel any different so it actually scared me a couple times when the throttle responded so well For what it's worth, to those who are skeptical, the spark plugs were ORIGINAL (100k miles) and corroded to the point they had almost twice the gap they should have. The throttle body and IAC was pretty covered with carbon deposit as well.

New head unit

Tinted tail lights (not as dark in person) and new rear shackle)

Plastidipping and new paint on front bumper (slight mismatch with the rattle-can Duplicolor paint I used, which is more noticeable in the pic)

More bumper paint and Plastidip (black and white theme coming along and chrome delete getting there)

Cleaned up engine bay a tiny bit after throttle body/IAC cleaning and spark plug change

This is what the sparks looked like (original equipment with 100k miles). They are inspiring that the engine has run well all these years and seem in great condition for that old, but definitely needed to be changed and the vehicle runs much better

The WJ is running like a CHAMP now! Love it. I have a 3" Kolak lift and Goodyear Duratracs ready to go on as soon as the final pieces come, my OME HD springs that I've been waiting 2 months for. I currently have Bilstein shocks, OME 10mm spacers, all new spring isolators, JKS adjustable track bar, Moog Super Trail Boss steering stabilizer, and IRO rear extended sway bar links. Just need those damn OME HD springs and I'll be sitting on a 3.5" lift with 32" Duratracs! With that and some rock sliders, plus some some new non-chrome headlights and complete chrome delete (including wheels black'd), I should have a fairly nice Dub!
ADragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 01:04 AM   #21783
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance-tek

OK... we are going to have to have a talk...

Let me know how it goes, I am thinking about the same. I just want to jump from 3" to 5-6" when I put on my 35s (gotta regear something fierce too).

Are you staying at 4" or going up?
Haha. I will. And I'm going to stay at 4.5 inches because I have newish tires and don't want to have to regear. I also like the size of tires look on it right now but I might get 33s next time I get tires. I am staying for sure though because all my lift parts are newish
Timbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 04:41 AM   #21784
BrugsBunny
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr80

With my cruise set at that speed it runs about 2050rpm. But i have a little bigger tire size.:cough: lol. i always forget about how much that affects the engine.

Sent from your back seat!!!
Haha hey now, we all know size doesn't matter lol
BrugsBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #21785
gtg413i
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineybritelite
Finally put a set of 2013 JK 255/75R17 wheels/tires onto the WJ. I put the IRO 3" lift on last weekend. Addco rear sway bar and a pair of NGK o2 sensors should be here Friday. Things are starting to turn out nicely.
I need o2 sensors too, but aren't we supposed to stick to oem or are those oem?
Unread 06-06-2013, 08:08 AM   #21786
shineybritelite
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtg413i View Post
I need o2 sensors too, but aren't we supposed to stick to oem or are those oem?
I believe the the OEM o2 sensors are made by denso and ngk.

02 Sensor Post
Unread 06-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #21787
Meta4
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAWJ47 View Post

Wow! Is that box full of speakers, or do you have a whole mariachi band in there?
Unread 06-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #21788
mjWJ12
2004 WJ 

Sea foam and new air filter

Sent from my WJ with Toro Y Moi playing on the radio.
(04 WJ Laredo)3" IRO +3/4" front spacers; Custom rear bumper +d-rings; universal front tow hook; plasti-dipped 16" silverblades; premium sliders; custom hi-lift mount; 265/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATP.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/mjwj12-build-thread-1436508/"]Here is my Build Thread[/URL]
mjWJ12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #21789
SCAN-MAN

Wj New wheels & tires...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineybritelite View Post
Put on some Rubi wheels also!!
image.jpg  
SCAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #21790
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAN-MAN View Post
for some reason I think those look like poop on JK's but look really good on the WJ...esp Gray ones.

I wonder if the wifes WK would look good with them?!?
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 11:28 AM   #21791
derekmac

2002 WJ 

Dropped it of at the shop to get a new muffler put on, and get the AC recharged. Found out that the compressor was completely seized and they couldn't get it to move at all. Might put the new shocks on it today that I picked up if I feel like it.
Future: 4" lift and lockers
derekmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #21792
shineybritelite
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAN-MAN View Post
Looking good sir!
Unread 06-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #21793
jbruse
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmac
Dropped it of at the shop to get a new muffler put on, and get the AC recharged. Found out that the compressor was completely seized and they couldn't get it to move at all. Might put the new shocks on it today that I picked up if I feel like it.
You running an I6 or V8 engine? What exhaust did you upgrade too?
jbruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #21794
derekmac

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbruse View Post

You running an I6 or V8 engine? What exhaust did you upgrade too?
The V8. I only did the muffler, and I put Thrush Welded on. Haven't had it on the high way yet, but it has a nice deep tone around town.
Future: 4" lift and lockers
derekmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #21795
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr80 View Post

How are you doing 65 with your rpm's under 2k? what size tires you running?

Sent from your back seat!!!
Not hard, mine will do that, too. I haven't checked my tires, but there aren't anything special, just Michelins.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.