What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1442 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 05-31-2013, 09:53 PM   #21616
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Wired up red LEDs in the front. Nice to have light again :-)

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 09:54 PM   #21617
zephyr80
2000 WJ 

Just installed my new flatland 4x4 bumper, need to modify more to get my winch to fit but it looks awesome.

Edit: bummer, anyone know what numbers to enter for resizing a pic?
Sent from your back seat!!!
zephyr80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 09:54 PM   #21618
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho
wired up red leds in the front. Nice to have light again :-)

image-360197321.jpg

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
Unread 05-31-2013, 09:59 PM   #21619
Dewz
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post
Wired up red LEDs in the front. Nice to have light again :-)
I've thought of doing the same thing, but with green LEDs to match the paint.
Dewz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 10:06 PM   #21620
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewz

I've thought of doing the same thing, but with green LEDs to match the paint.
Lol wish that was my motive, my courtesy lights went out so I hard wired LEDs off a switch ;-) now good as new ;-)

My build thread
Unread 05-31-2013, 10:40 PM   #21621
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

Might sell my bushwacker flares
Timbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 10:45 PM   #21622
heffercow
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraRipper View Post
Went to autozone to pick buy some jackstands and take advantage of their FREE loan-a-tool program to get some spring compressors. As I was leaving, a fellow WJer [with the same color wj as mine ^__^] asked if I could see if his brake lights were working when he pressed the brakes, "of course I will!" I responded with enthusiasm. Sadly, they were not working. Suddenly, a THIRD- I KNOW RIGHT!- Wjer pulled in to the parking lot and educated us on how WJs, model 2000, in particular is notorious for having brake light problems, and how he had fixed this predicament. The trio stayed in that parking lot for about an hour talking about WJs, new/older models, Jeepforum, and sharing very helpful information with one another. This moment was truly a great triumph for the WJ brotherhood, when three random WJ brethren meet in a parking lot. I received many compliments on my black cladding and my Bilsteins. Its a bummer that my IRO 3" lift has to wait until tomorrow, but I still did some boasting. One brother asked me if I was going to put it on myself, I said "I'm going to try lol", he said "I know right? we always try to do things ourselves". Awesome. -Adrian, Conyers, GA I hope you guys see this one day hahah
Thats funny, I too ran into a fellow wj guy today but we were at a advanced autoparts. We too discussed jeep things especially my need for an engine rebuild because of the oil that im burning and smoke from my exhaust. we were at the one in acworth ga, though, not conyers.

99 wj limited, 4.7l, 2.5in. rustys springs, pro-comp es9000 shocks, black moabs, 255/70/17 hankook dynapro ATM RF10, still a work in progress

99wj laredo, 4.0l, previous work in progress, now just gathering dust in garage.
heffercow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 10:46 PM   #21623
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo24 View Post
Might sell my bushwacker flares
Oh yeah...how much?
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 10:59 PM   #21624
Meta4
2004 WJ 

I got stuck in vacuum hose hell. It seems like just about every inch of vacuum hose has dry rotted. I had to rig up a fix for a splice behind the resonator and a 90-degree bend that plugs into the resonator. I also pulled the passenger headlight and replaced the 6" length of hose that plugs into the cruise control module.

On the bright side, I've been meaning to fix the cruise control since I bought the car four years ago. It seems to be working just fine. Also, the engine idles much better now and no longer revs all over the place.

I also bought a set of five new tires (Firestone Destination LE2 235/65/17s) and installed a K&N air filter, new wipers, and a new set of floor mats. Planning on doing a brake job and changing the oil tomorrow.
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:01 PM   #21625
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Had to hardwire my fan today. Sitting at a red light suddenly started to overheat. Culprit seems to be the fan connector is screwed. Going to try to get it fixed in the morning. On a better note though, DAMN my AC is working great and cold!

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:03 PM   #21626
Highschool_WJ
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykaaro
Had to hardwire my fan today. Sitting at a red light suddenly started to overheat. Culprit seems to be the fan connector is screwed. Going to try to get it fixed in the morning. On a better note though, DAMN my AC is working great and cold!
Just cut the stock connector off and put those metal snap pins in, makes for easy install and removal should the fan ever have to come out!
Highschool_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:03 PM   #21627
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ

Oh yeah...how much?
$400 plus shipping.
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:04 PM   #21628
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo24 View Post

$400 plus shipping.
All four?
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:05 PM   #21629
SierraRipper
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ View Post

All four?
All six
SierraRipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:07 PM   #21630
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraRipper

All six
All 8!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.