Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#2,841 ·
Headed out for picnic with family only fir the bastage lump to decide today was good day for rear brake calipers to stick a bit.
Had to watch family drive off in another car while I sat with this piece of cheap unreliable junk money sink lump ,waiting for it too cool down so I could go home.

Land Rover never seemed so appealing right now :/

#2,843 ·
Mr_Grumpy said:
Headed out for picnic with family only fir the bastage lump to decide today was good day for rear brake calipers to stick a bit.
Had to watch family drive off in another car while I sat with this piece of cheap unreliable junk money sink lump ,waiting for it too cool down so I could go home.

I still love our 2008 Land Rover LR3 V8 HSE. Haha. The air suspension system and all the off road capabilities is incredible

#2,845 ·
I kicked a tire after I discovered a leaking rear main. :mad:
dont WJs come factory optioned with that? lol I think Mines seeping ever so slightly. I cant notice it on the dipstick and its not dripping... whatever lol

today... well yesterday I tested out the Thermo-quiet ceramics on the WJ... Impressive to say the least

Had to watch family drive off in another car while I sat with this piece of cheap unreliable junk money sink lump ,waiting for it too cool down so I could go home. The range rover is loaded with electronics and british cars are known for having horrible electrical systems, not fun.

Go for it, but if it breaks down your wallet will beg for mercy. I would buy a range rover if oem parts were inexpensive and readily available but usually you have no better option then to go to the dealership. Unless its brand new, expect it to be in the shop once a month.

#2,849 ·
New WJ Overland

Just bought my new WJ two months ago, it didn't come with roof rails so I bought a set off one from the local salvage yard for $20 and painted them to look like the freedom edition. After buying the jeep I had a new set of tires put on, the wheelcaps broke in the process so I machined new wheel caps out of aluminum and press fit them in. Then I bought a sticker set off ebay and stuck them on. So far that's my only work done to it. Also I had to replace my oil pressure sending unit one week in, apparently a common problem, and replaced all of the u-joints in the drive shaft for good measure.

#2,850 ·
New WJ Overland

Just bought my new WJ two months ago, it didn't come with roof rails so I bought a set off one from the local salvage yard for $20 and painted them to look like the freedom edition. After buying the jeep I had a new set of tires put on, the wheelcaps broke in the process so I machined new wheel caps out of aluminum and press fit them in, I made them overlay the front to cover up some peeling from the center of the rim. Then I bought a sticker set off ebay and stuck them on. So far that's my only work done to it. Also I had to replace my oil pressure sending unit one week in, apparently a common problem, and replaced all of the u-joints in the drive shafts for good measure.

Attachments

#2,851 ·
I did blow My infinity gold dash tweeter for the second time. Lol.

WTF. What should i replace it with? jL audio?

#2,852 ·
Thomahawk said:
I did blow My infinity gold dash tweeter for the second time. Lol.

WTF. What should i replace it with? jL audio?
Kicker ks350s treating me well.

Nelson I'm realllllly jealous that's my dream jeep, same color I want too :( shes a beauty, looks to be in great shape!! you better take care of her or imma hunt you down ;)

#2,853 ·
Well...painting the bumper/fascia for the third time...this time I will primer it with plastic primer...then paint it black.

The grill will be painted too, this time I took the time to sand it and primer it. The bottom grill was the test pilot, it has a rubberized coat on it..Rustoleam Undercoating.

The grill insert will now match the inferno red color of the WJ...it is currently red...
Just a heads up, if you're using factory color match spray paint. If you paint the grille to match the rest of the jeep and use white primer, it's going to be a brighter shade. The rest of the Jeep I am guessing has grey primer on it, it'll be a darker shade. I've done this myself with a red car, and it ended up not looking right.

#2,854 ·
Just a heads up, if you're using factory color match spray paint. If you paint the grille to match the rest of the jeep and use white primer, it's going to be a brighter shade. The rest of the Jeep I am guessing has grey primer on it, it'll be a darker shade. Just a heads up, cuz I've done this myself with a red car, and it ended up not looking right.
GREAT! Now you tell me.

Though, I did paint my diff cover and sway bar spacers (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/what-did-you-do-your-wj-today-1086387/index189.html "with the same primer and colored paint...I placed them on the hood to see if they match and they DISAPPEARED...right before my eyes.

So, I hope you are wrong but, thanks for the heads up. Good thing that drill insert is small...the drill itself will be black again.

#2,855 ·
compcrasher86 said:

Nelson I'm realllllly jealous that's my dream jeep, same color I want too :( shes a beauty, looks to be in great shape!! you better take care of her or imma hunt you down ;)
Is the kicker ks350s a direct fit or Does it need mod?

#2,856 ·

Thanks! Yeah its only got 85,000 miles on it so hopefully it'll last a long time, yours is a nice looking rig too, and I saw you have the I6, can't beat that engines reliability!

-My tweeters are shot too, anybody have any luck with http://www.jeeptweeter.com/

#2,859 ·
Is the kicker ks350s a direct fit or Does it need mod?
not direct fit, needs a li'l bit of insulation cut out of the firewall and the plastic ears where the OEM tweeters mount needs to be chopped back. Great speakers though, cheap and well matched to the factory system