What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1418 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 05-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #21256
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFORCES

Looks nice, Paint those allen bolts on your BTF cover or they will rust, plug too.
How did you fix a dual exhaust?

Sent from my iPhone5 using JeepForum

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #21257
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

yesterday,I got my hydro assist setup in the mail..... Well, half of. It was re-boxed quite nicely, and inside the nice box were a steering gear box and a couple hydraulic hoses that have big gashes in them down to the steel cord. Also the ram, along with the mounting tabs were completely gone. In their place was instead a little note from USPS saying that my item was damaged during shipping and if I had insurance I need to contact them reguarding the matter.... FML! At least it was insured. But now I get to spend my lunch break batteling it out with the post office.

After that I locked my self out of work after putting a new wheel bearing in the silverado, had to wait there for someone to come and let me back in.

Since I had the silverado, my fiance was driving the jeep, no big deal right? Well apparently it was, even though the only place she drove it was around my complex because my daughter wanted a jeep ride. I come home to see it sitting with a nice lean to the passenger rear. Look, and sure enough the tire is completely flat! I go up stairs and ask what she did, "nothing, just drove around why?" FML #2! How the hell do you put a 1/4 in whole between the lugs, on a near new MTR'K? Looks like Ill be ordering another one of those next time I have some spare cash. Ive seen patches do wonderful things, but this is a massive hole!

Well, I sure as hell wasnt going to change a flat tire first thing in the morning, so I decide to tackle it tonight. Of course, my 2 year old (who is sick by the way) wanted to help dad, and of course I let her. I went out to change the tire and everything was going great. That is until she decided she wanted to help dad with the jack, and bent down to grab the handle and didnt realize how close her head was to the steal bumper. BONK! My 2 year old changed her first jeep tire today, and now has a goose egg on her forehead to prove it. FML #3

Unread 05-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #21258
lance-tek
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSWJ View Post

yesterday,I got my hydro assist setup in the mail..... Well, half of. It was re-boxed quite nicely, and inside the nice box were a steering gear box and a couple hydraulic hoses that have big gashes in them down to the steel cord. Also the ram, along with the mounting tabs were completely gone. In their place was instead a little note from USPS saying that my item was damaged during shipping and if I had insurance I need to contact them reguarding the matter.... FML! At least it was insured. But now I get to spend my lunch break batteling it out with the post office.

After that I locked my self out of work after putting a new wheel bearing in the silverado, had to wait there for someone to come and let me back in.

Since I had the silverado, my fiance was driving the jeep, no big deal right? Well apparently it was, even though the only place she drove it was around my complex because my daughter wanted a jeep ride. I come home to see it sitting with a nice lean to the passenger rear. Look, and sure enough the tire is completely flat! I go up stairs and ask what she did, "nothing, just drove around why?" FML #2! How the hell do you put a 1/4 in whole between the lugs, on a near new MTR'K? Looks like Ill be ordering another one of those next time I have some spare cash. Ive seen patches do wonderful things, but this is a massive hole!

Well, I sure as hell wasnt going to change a flat tire first thing in the morning, so I decide to tackle it tonight. Of course, my 2 year old (who is sick by the way) wanted to help dad, and of course I let her. I went out to change the tire and everything was going great. That is until she decided she wanted to help dad with the jack, and bent down to grab the handle and didnt realize how close her head was to the steal bumper. BONK! My 2 year old changed her first jeep tire today, and now has a goose egg on her forehead to prove it. FML #3

As long as you could keep your cool with your little girl after all of that happening (to incude the head bonk), you did well my friend!

I hope things are improving for you now.

As far as me... I had surgery on my dominant side scapula on Monday. So, I am currently just living vicariously through all of you and merely gazing at my jeep...

-lance
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #21259
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance-tek View Post
As long as you could keep your cool with your little girl after all of that happening (to incude the head bonk), you did well my friend!

I hope things are improving for you now.

As far as me... I had surgery on my dominant side scapula on Monday. So, I am currently just living vicariously through all of you and merely gazing at my jeep...

-lance
None of it was her fault, even if it was though, I could never be mad at her. The jeep is nothing compared to her. Thanks, Im glad its over.

Get well soon and get back to jeepin!
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #21260
jeep04
2004 WJ 

Damn TJSWJ sounds like you need a few cold ones.....bet your daughter won't be so willing to work on the jeep next time...
04 Jeep wj Limited 4.7 <> 6.5" Iron Rock long arms front & Adjustable lowers on rear <> Bilstein 5100's <> 285/70r17 Goodyear Duratracs <> M/T black classic lock wheels <> Addco swaybars <> Superchips 3875 <> Magnaflow Stainless exhaust <> 2 Kicker comp 12's <> Kenwood head unit.
jeep04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #21261
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep04 View Post
Damn TJSWJ sounds like you need a few cold ones.....bet your daughter won't be so willing to work on the jeep next time...
nah, she's a trooper. If Im home, she wants to be with me. If I go home to another flat tire tonight, she will be there helping me change it.

A few cold ones will be in order for sure.
Unread 05-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #21262
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketit

Hmmm silver huh?? I'd love to see what that would look like. How long have you had the black on for?
3 months

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #21263
SierraRipper
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance-tek View Post

-lance
Get well soon brother!
SierraRipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #21264
Jaketit
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ

3 months
And how'd it hold up??
Jaketit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #21265
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketit

And how'd it hold up??
It's held up. Just miss the contrast with the factory silver on the black interior. I think silver CF would look pretty good.

I have a wrinkle by the radio and it's sort of bubbling on the ashtray so I'm going to strip it off and use silver when I have time

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #21266
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ

It's held up. Just miss the contrast with the factory silver on the black interior. I think silver CF would look pretty good.

I have a wrinkle by the radio and it's sort of bubbling on the ashtray so I'm going to strip it off and use silver when I have time
GO SILVER MAN!!!
I Been thinking about That to, but the Black does the shh for me, dont want to redo it, had it now for 2-3 years, holds up great.
Go SILVER, i really want to see how it turns out, i might change my mind and redo it anyway,
Come on, let us see!!!!!
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #21267
filipm
2002 WJ 

Finally got around to changing oil, spark plugs, air and cabin filters. Swapped out the TPS to a new Mopar and now purring nicely. Tried to change out the fuel filter but couldn't get any of the fitting to budge. Might give that another go later tonight or break down and take it to a shop.
Unread 05-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #21268
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Fitted a new fuel pressure regulator in a bid to cure my high idle when warm....will see if it worked tomorrow!
Gave up trying to fit the reg with the fuel rail in situ (theretically possible with tiny hands...but not mine!). Getting the rail out made it real easy and only took about 15 mins to get it out and the same to get it back. Bled with my hand bleeder...started first time...and no leaks! About an hour from tools out to tools away. Dont be convinced that its a dealer only job..they tried with me when I phoned for a part price...its easy and you only need normal tools....except a set of those 6 point torx bits they use all over the place!
Unread 05-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #21269
BigWheel7
1999 WJ 

Anybody have any ideas why the sunroof wouldn't be closing? Opened it today heading to work and when I got to work I went to close it and nothing at all. Wouldn't move at all and can't figured out why it wont.
BigWheel7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #21270
gtg413i
2003 WJ 

^^^^ Jeeps are very funny and jealous- don't let the Misses drive it or something will go wrong. After my wife was driving it home when the engine seazed, she doesn't even like to ride in it anymore.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.