What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1415 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #21211
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisGarner View Post
How do you like the Kolak exhaust? I seem to have lost a little bit of power with the lift and tires and was wondering if the exhaust would help get it back. I don't want to go the Superchips route just yet, unless I can find a cheap one. The Kolak exhaust will most likely be my next addition.

We've the exhaust for 4, maybe 5 years now and really like it. It's held up to our winters and salted roads really well, only the very tip of the tail pipe has some rust on it, which I plan on refinishing this summer.

We went with the 70 Series Flowmaster vs. the Magnaflow since Kolak felt it was a little more tame and comfortable for freeway driving. There is some slight drone, but it's not bad and even on some of our longer road trips its never bothered us or the kids.

I did the install myself, and if you search here you should be able to find the write up, all the pictures should still work too. I did however go back a couple years ago and replace all the u-bolt clamps with some nice stainless steel band clamps as I was having some issues with the muffler shifting and rubbing against the rear bumper cover.

A tuner of some sort is next on the list of upgrades. I'm torn between the Superchips handheld or the Vivid Linq.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #21212
MavericG07
2003 WJ 

About to head over to Ntb to have a few things checked. I might have them do my diff fluid change. Living in an apt. I'm not really allowed to do fluid changes in the parking lot. The only downside is, it's so frackin expensive to have a mechanic do it for you. I guess I'll see what kind of gear oil they have and that will help make up my mind
MavericG07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #21213
Jaketit
2002 WJ 

image-3489331287.jpg

image-3883935117.jpg

image-2828021146.jpg
I joined the 3M carbon fiber wrap club today. I think it looks so much more modern. Pain in The ballzzzzzz though. Especially around the corners. I used the whole roll.
Jaketit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #21214
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketit

I joined the 3M carbon fiber wrap club today. I think it looks so much more modern. Pain in The ballzzzzzz though. Especially around the corners. I used the whole roll.
^^^Sweet, Good Work
Now off to do the climate control!!!

On topic: Sparkplugs done today,
cleaned out Airfilter and airfilterbox,,,,
Had a look at the TB, never seen it this clean, AND never had soooo much sand'n dirt in my Airfilter box, hmmmmm,,,, lets see,?,?,?
Guess That this is quite a proof That the WIX filtrates the air 1000XBETTER than the KN Shhhhty let air'n dirt thrue filter i had before.
image-3683432475.jpg   image-841335376.jpg  
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #21215
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericG07
About to head over to Ntb to have a few things checked. I might have them do my diff fluid change. Living in an apt. I'm not really allowed to do fluid changes in the parking lot. The only downside is, it's so frackin expensive to have a mechanic do it for you. I guess I'll see what kind of gear oil they have and that will help make up my mind
Walmart parking lot lol Then drop the old
Fluids off at the Walmart shop

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #21216
MavericG07
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ View Post

Walmart parking lot lol Then drop the old
Fluids off at the Walmart shop
Well, it started pouring down rain so I guess I'm not doing anything at all today
Unread 05-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #21217
MavericG07
2003 WJ 

I guess I'll just scour JF while I wait for the rain to stop. Also, seems like a damn good time to start a 24 marathon
Unread 05-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #21218
derekmac

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketit View Post

That looks really good! I just sent an email to a friend that wraps cars to see if he will do it for me.
Future: 4" lift and lockers
derekmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #21219
runninbad
2000 WJ 

Using the Oreillys Lots o Loot promo, I got my last quart of Pennzoil High mileage. Changed the oil and installed a Wix oil filter. Total cost: $10. Using more of the $5 coupons to purchase Champion Copper spark plugs. Still have 7 coupons left and another week or so to earn more.
runninbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #21220
gcjeeping
2001 WJ 

Drove it to Goodwill 2 times dropping off stuff. Found out we gotta be in Sacramento around 1 July. Gotta finish packing and making runs to Goodwill and dump. Fun times....eh Yeah.
gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #21221
nitromud
2003 WJ 

Ordered 4 shocks, 1 steering stabilizer and an adjustable trac bar.
Unread 05-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #21222
99Limited
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcjeeping
Drove it to Goodwill 2 times dropping off stuff. Found out we gotta be in Sacramento around 1 July. Gotta finish packing and making runs to Goodwill and dump. Fun times....eh Yeah.
GCJeeping...saw you were retired USAF. I'm a senior doing AFROTC at the University Of Kentucky. Just got my pilot slot! Can't freakin wait to find out my EAD. Thanks for your service!

BOT: Found out my caster is Wayyyy off...like 3 degrees. The stealership didn't adjust it when they did my alignment because almost my whole suspension is aftermarket parts I guess. Anyways...I'm in the process of adjusting my CA's to try and fix the caster. Hopefully this will also help my DW.

image-506043622.jpg
99Limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #21223
oaklyjeep10
2002 WJ 

Quote:

Don't know if you used a heat gun or not but it makes it much easier and looks really clean.
RCLAs | IRO 6.5" springs| Nitto Trail Grapplers 35s | Smitty built 8000 | Custom front Bumper | Complete sound system 2 12s | BTF cover and truss (rear) | Custom sliders | Flashpaq [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/dhalls-build-1508292/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/dhalls-build-1508292/[/URL]
oaklyjeep10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #21224
Jaketit
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklyjeep10

Don't know if you used a heat gun or not but it makes it much easier and looks really clean.
I used a hair dryer and it seemed to work pretty well. It still was a pain though. It's kinda hard to cut with an exacto knife, maybe cause its carbon fiber??
Jaketit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #21225
oaklyjeep10
2002 WJ 

Quote:

I used a hair dryer and it seemed to work pretty well. It still was a pain though. It's kinda hard to cut with an exacto knife, maybe cause its carbon fiber??
A sharp razor should cut it fine. It's not really carbon fiber lol it's just vinyl with a carbon fiber design. Carbon fiber is like a really hard plastic that's really lightweight.
RCLAs | IRO 6.5" springs| Nitto Trail Grapplers 35s | Smitty built 8000 | Custom front Bumper | Complete sound system 2 12s | BTF cover and truss (rear) | Custom sliders | Flashpaq [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/dhalls-build-1508292/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/dhalls-build-1508292/[/URL]
oaklyjeep10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.