What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1408 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 05-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #21106
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post
I am thinking about getting some more and do the cladding and bumpers to match
If I end up doing it this week I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm sure I'll post about it.

99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #21107
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJ539918

If I end up doing it this week I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm sure I'll post about it.
Cool thanks

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #21108
SuperStew11
2000 WJ 

Replaced the oh so fun main brake line to the rear today
SuperStew11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #21109
Wenatchee_Kid
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperStew11 View Post
Replaced the oh so fun main brake line to the rear today
We like to hear about such "fun". Details?
Wenatchee_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #21110
SuperStew11
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenatchee_Kid

We like to hear about such "fun". Details?
Well I bought two 5" lengths of line to replace it and first thing I find out is the fitting into the ABS is a totally different style fitting so I had to cut my brand new line and reuse the old one.

After putting on the fitting I start to bend the first half of the line from the front, it's a bit tricky getting it down from the engine kept getting caught on the tranny.

Once it was in place started to put in the back half it was easier because its the most straight part of the line but the real tricky part was that the lines just met up with each with only 1/2 an inch if play and they meet right at the cross member

Should have taken pics but forgot so I could of showed you my "handy" work. Doing an oil change tomorrow will try to take some pics to show
SuperStew11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #21111
HavasuRat
2004 WJ 

Wj

Replaced the radiator, hoses and Thermostat. Snapped the top bolt off cause the @#$#$% rusted. Left just enough of the threads to get the channel locks a good grip...after banging on the bolt with a BFH ever so gently but stern it backed right out. Whew!!!

Next week is the leaking rear output seal on the tranny.
HavasuRat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #21112
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperStew11 View Post
Well I bought two 5" lengths of line to replace it and first thing I find out is the fitting into the ABS is a totally different style fitting so I had to cut my brand new line and reuse the old one.
After putting on the fitting I start to bend the first half of the line from the front, it's a bit tricky getting it down from the engine kept getting caught on the tranny.
Once it was in place started to put in the back half it was easier because its the most straight part of the line but the real tricky part was that the lines just met up with each with only 1/2 an inch if play and they meet right at the cross member
Should have taken pics but forgot so I could of showed you my "handy" work. Doing an oil change tomorrow will try to take some pics to show

I once did a brake line on an old Mustang I had. I measured and at every junction I rounded up by one inch and to the next inch (4 and a half inches became 6 inches, 3 inches became 4 inches, etc.). By the time I routed everything the way the stock line was I had about eight extra inches so I just made two loops above my axle into the block because my double flare at the end of that line was so nice at that end I didn't want to re-do it.
Unread 05-17-2013, 09:28 PM   #21113
Mudder_Trucker
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky2252s
And another one bites the dust...
I never have to worry about that. Anymore. I have spline drive
Mudder_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #21114
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJ539918 View Post
Yeah, I know that harness connector is there, and I know that the side view auto dim reads off of the same sensor (so when the rear view auto dims the side view also dims). I want to know about upgrading to the auto dim side view mirror. Can anyone help out with that? And what about $45 for the side view, good deal? Thanks.
From what I read you will have to hardwire the wiring from the sideview mirror to the rearview mirror yourself. Pretty much all the self dimming mirrors I've seen are made by GEN-TEX and have basically the same type of output from the mirror. (I put one in my Camry and hardwired it which as well had the compass built into the mirror) You will need to find what exact model of mirror you have, and what all the pins are for. Once wired up, the rearview mirror will automatically trigger the side mirror. I just tinted my front windows so works about the same.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #21115
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Well, ball joints drivers side are in. Steering feels a bit better. Found though that the wheel bearing was fubar'd so had to replace that as well. RE upper control arms went in. It's now feeling a lot better to drive upto about 80km/h now. From there it starts getting vibes, getting bad around 100km/hr or above. Braking above 100km/hr is not good feeling like it has badly warped front if you brake on the hard side. I'm thinking this is due to the front LCA's needing to be changed as well, the driving side being badly worn. Those will be done next, which leaves for last, the bushings on the axle. Thinking I'm in need of a bailout to get this damn thing the way it should be. Do damn broke trying to get all this done. Worried about he tranny as well. No codes have come back. Seems to shift fine. Driving home today though was costing on the small highway as I was coming up to a light, and something weird happened. Nearest I can discribe it, it's like when you run over a sizeable animal, but I didn't run over anything. Something to do with the driveline as near as I can figure. But was ok the rest of the way home. Don't get it. Rear pinion seal is seeping a bit as well. Not sure what's up with that. Had the back checked out and new oil put in with having the axle bearing/seal done on the one side. No play at all that I can tell. Wondering if the recent issue where the ujoint in the rear of the back driveshaft has something to do with what's going on. Really hoping the tranny is ok, because if something is really wrong I'm so definitely screwed. No money to to deal with it at all. FML. I need to win the lottery!!

Oh yeah. Oil was changed as well. Got to keep the new engine running well without problems.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #21116
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

It's always something, man. As far as the vibrations, mine has a slight vibration on the highway at around a little over 80 mph. I've never noticed because I usually don't drive that fast. I'm thinking it's either a driveshaft out of balance or something in the D30 or D35 that's not completely true. If you figure your vibration out let us know. Good luck.
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #21117
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

I know. Nothing a few thousand couldn't fix, but don't have. My mechanic so far seems really good and he's really good on what he charges me. Wheel bearing was not expected but made sense doing it while doing the ball joints for the extra $110.

What I think the vibe is, is when I'm at higher speeds it's noticed, is the LCA's. And when I'm braking harder than I typically do at lower speeds, being the bushings are worn, big time on the drivers side where I feel the vibes are, and the UCA's being the new rubicon express, I think it's causing the issues, as there is too much play with them being soft, as the new wheel bearing and ball joints wouldn't cause it. Kind of like the back end which improved a bit with the really bad LCA being replaced, but would dog-walk until we did the a-arm bushigns and balljoint. That though causes me to feel the problems in the front now really well. Hoping I can get a good sale price on the LCA's beginning of June. Then need to get them in. Just I've got myself pretty maxed out right now again with all I've had to do the last couple weeks (rear axle seal, today's work, ujoint and the parts) Under 80km it drives pretty good now. Just weird things with the tranny this week but still seems to shift and everything ok. Had the p1762/62 tuesday morning but so far haven't come back. Making sure I'm fully stopped when I shift gears. I can be bad at times not being fully stopped when going from reverse to drive. Not anymore!

Unread 05-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #21118
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

The gov. pressure solenoid issue is always weird, comes ang goes frequently.
I'm glad I work on my own cars, I couldn't afford to take my Jeep anywhere.
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:41 PM   #21119
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Put halogens in. Garbage hids are no longer going in my housings. I'm tired of replacing them
Every 5-10 months.

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:53 PM   #21120
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJ539918 View Post
The gov. pressure solenoid issue is always weird, comes ang goes frequently.
I'm glad I work on my own cars, I couldn't afford to take my Jeep anywhere.
Under Mitchells the codes can be many different things but seems the most common is the solenoid.

I do what I can, but issue becomes, some things I can't do, and if I run into problems I could be stuck (aka screwed) so I do what I can myself. In the last month or two I've had to do one caliper, one control arm, a-arm bushings/ball joint, now working on the front getting the bad bushings replaced. Got the AC working again as well. Transmission just started doing stupid **** this week on top of everything else. Just hope it's a glitch and nothing more. Can't afford anything else to happen.

Front driveshaft I'm trying to keep going until I can afford to replace it, and thinking the tranny mount needs to be done as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.