What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1406 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #21076
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Checking out craigslist and I found an auto dimming heated side view mirror for $45. I'm probably going to pick it up and then an auto dimming rear view when I can find it. Can anyone clarify on an additional harness I would need...? I remember reading it somewhere, but I can't find the thread, I think it was pretty recent. And if you have any other tips on the upgrade please feel free to share.
Also on craigslist, some guy is selling front and rear Addco sway bars, he's asking $250 OBO and says they are about a year and a half old. Good deal, or no? I will go for a 3" lift hopefully by the end of winter, so I'm going to start piecing the odds and ends of my lift together now. Thanks, guys.

Back on topic, I had to replace my thermostat gasket, the one I had on there was leaking already! It was only about two or three months old. Damn you, Advance Auto!

99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 07:33 AM   #21077
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

No deal....
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 07:39 AM   #21078
go-big
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfeng702
went for a drive. didn't get a chance to disco. stuffed the rear though.
What size tire you running
go-big is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 08:53 AM   #21079
lance-tek
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJ539918 View Post
Checking out craigslist and I found an auto dimming heated side view mirror for $45. I'm probably going to pick it up and then an auto dimming rear view when I can find it. Can anyone clarify on an additional harness I would need...? I remember reading it somewhere, but I can't find the thread, I think it was pretty recent. And if you have any other tips on the upgrade please feel free to share.
Also on craigslist, some guy is selling front and rear Addco sway bars, he's asking $250 OBO and says they are about a year and a half old. Good deal, or no? I will go for a 3" lift hopefully by the end of winter, so I'm going to start piecing the odds and ends of my lift together now. Thanks, guys.

Back on topic, I had to replace my thermostat gasket, the one I had on there was leaking already! It was only about two or three months old. Damn you, Advance Auto!
For the internal auto dimming rear view you ONLY need to get the mirror. The cord/cable for it is in your headrest by the EVIC on the left side towards your sun visor. Just pop the EVIC screw then pull the headliner down a little and you should find it. You MIGHT need to take out the screws for your sun visor too but I didn't have to on mine.
Unread 05-17-2013, 08:53 AM   #21080
shocking1
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJ539918 View Post

I think I paid 130 each on my addcos. Maybe 150 for borg would be a good deal
shocking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #21081
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Replaced my EVIC and finally got to program my tire pressure sensors. Got REAL tired of that chime.

NOW, I need to replace my clock-spring to get rid of the airbag light and constant chiming.
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #21082
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADragg View Post
Funny you mention that, because I actually have money down on a set of ATP's right now. I've been flip-flopping on tires for the past month because I'm still waiting on the final component of my Kolak lift (which is the OME springs that have been hard to get lately - backorded but should be here soon). I went to Discount Tire and the guy rolled out an ATP in 265/70/17 and I said "YES" because it looked so beefy next to my stock WJ. The only problem is they're E-rated and I was worried the ride would be really rough, even with Bilstein shocks. I was thinking I'd go back and either get some Toyo Open Country's, the Cooper AT3 (since they look similar to the ATP but come in a C-rating), or a Duratrac. Most likely a Duratrac. It's tought because the Duratrac is what I really like the look of but they're known for weak sidewalls. On the other hand, they're light and will get better gas mileage and the ride will be softer. But Coopers, especially E rated ones, have tough sidewalls and I wouldn't mind that peace of mind. But they're heavier and and mind ride super stiff. What do you think? Is the ride not that bad?
I'm pretty sure that the tires we got were not the E-rated sidewall, but it may depend on the tire size you're looking at. I can double check what we have when the wife gets home tonight in terms of size and sidewall.

We're running 3" IRO springs with Bilsteins from Kolak, and extended sway bar links. Her Jeep runs smooth down the freeway and takes imperfections in the road with no issues. Sometimes I forget that its solid axles front and rear.

Also, before you pay full price on those ATP's at your local Discount Tire, double check the price online at discounttiredirect.com. That website is Discount Tire's online sales branch (to compete with Tire Rack) and typically the tires are $15-$20 less per tire than the in store price. If you let your local store know the lower price, they'll match it for you.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #21083
stevesouthern
2000 WJ 

Cut my front arches out up to bottom of angled flare line, ready for big tyres. Can't post pics as I'm a new member & have to wait 30 days & 50 posts apparently, sorry.
stevesouthern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #21084
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance-tek View Post
For the internal auto dimming rear view you ONLY need to get the mirror. The cord/cable for it is in your headrest by the EVIC on the left side towards your sun visor. Just pop the EVIC screw then pull the headliner down a little and you should find it. You MIGHT need to take out the screws for your sun visor too but I didn't have to on mine.
Yeah, I know that harness connector is there, and I know that the side view auto dim reads off of the same sensor (so when the rear view auto dims the side view also dims). I want to know about upgrading to the auto dim side view mirror. Can anyone help out with that? And what about $45 for the side view, good deal? Thanks.
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #21085
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

, before you pay full price on those ATP's at your local Discount Tire, double check the price online at discounttiredirect.com. That website is Discount Tire's online sales branch (to compete with Tire Rack) and typically the tires are $15-$20 less per tire than the in store price. If you let your local store know the lower price, they'll match it for you.[/QUOTE] that what I did with my duras discount did me very well, they even do my 5 tire rotations for me :-)

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #21086
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

Figured out 2 37s won't easily fit in my little dd.

Unread 05-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #21087
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmarc
Haha. Those things could crush that car!

I wouldn't pay more than $150 for used sway bars. He is asking full retail for a used part. $75 a piece is fair IMO

As far the mirror. Parts vary be region and condition, really it's worth whatever you will pay

I will usually try and see wht else they got and bundle or ask for a lower price.

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #21088
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

Unread 05-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #21089
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmarc
Lol funny good up grade to that dd lol

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #21090
adavis39
2002 WJ 

finished the OTK set up
img_2025.jpg   img_2026.jpg   img_2027.jpg   img_2028.jpg  
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.