Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#27,983 ·
Came out of the gym to scrapes all the way from just in front of the rear wheel all they way down the side to the front bumper, a missing side mirror, and pushed up onto the curb. It amazes me how people can just drive away after something like this. If my axel seal broke on the side that was pushed up on to the curb I am going to be reallllllly unhappy. I can live with a $30 mirror replacement .
Sad fact is, that people aren't as honest as they used to be. I think I heard that 10% of school kids, these days, do not know absolute right from wrong. Proof is the president they re-elected.

Sent from my iPad using electrons

#27,986 ·
Would you damn easties stop stealing all our snow? This winter has sucked in terms of snow fall :thumbdown:

Didn't do anything to either WJ, although I did stare at mine and tried to push the fact that I will be doing a heater core and AZC doors very soon to the back of my mind. :laugh:

#27,987 ·
dcampbell4 said:
Came out of the gym to scrapes all the way from just in front of the rear wheel all they way down the side to the front bumper, a missing side mirror, and pushed up onto the curb. It amazes me how people can just drive away after something like this. If my axel seal broke on the side that was pushed up on to the curb I am going to be reallllllly unhappy. I can live with a $30 mirror replacement .
Me too. Yay.

Attachments

#27,991 ·
YESTERDAY, I had the ReZeppa Joint rebuilt on my front drive shaft. This morning I installed it and new rear brake pads just before the snow storm. Off to Lou's Custom exhaust to have a new muffler installed. Nice to have 4WD back and a quieter exhaust! Next week? Registration and inspection.
Ha Ha I know Lous. Im from Revere

#27,992 ·
I like how we gripe when a shopping cart or some other moron puts a little ding in our beloved WJs, but it it is a gouge down the side from that rock or some bent quarter panels from not hitting the line just right its Ok.
I don't mind if my jeep gets dinged up due to my own stupidity but it makes me a little upset when some other person's stupidity causes her to get hurt :laugh:

#27,993 ·
It's called PORK ROLL dammit! Jersey just disowned you. LMAO!
Yeah, go ahead and try and order "pork roll" at a Diner North of 195. You will be lucky to get this:

:club:

You must be from Monmouth County or South (Damn Philly influence). To the majority of the population of NJ, it's Taylor Ham. It always has been, and it always will be.

ETA: Bridgewater? Either you're a transplant from South Jersey, or things have changed over the last 20 years. :(

#27,994 ·
That's nothing when ur in the Montana
Black Ice!! Just picked me up some last night. The lady friend was complaining about how strong it was, and I couldn't really smell it. I guess you do sorta get used to them.

BOT, finished painting my wheels black, painted the front bumper (not the facia) black also. Now the grill, bumper, and rims are all the same semigloss black. Back seats going in as I write this. Theyve been out for months and I realize how poorly I keep the inside of my jeep clean when theyre out. And this weekend ill be finally picking up the metal for a little project that Gcjeeping gave me the idea for while we were at lunch awhile back. So my build thread might awake from hibernation

#27,998 ·
doorjamm said:
Black Ice!! Just picked me up some last night. The lady friend was complaining about how strong it was, and I couldn't really smell it. I guess you do sorta get used to them. BOT, finished painting my wheels black, painted the front bumper (not the facia) black also. Now the grill, bumper, and rims are all the same semigloss black. Back seats going in as I write this. Theyve been out for months and I realize how poorly I keep the inside of my jeep clean when theyre out. And this weekend ill be finally picking up the metal for a little project that Gcjeeping gave me the idea for while we were at lunch awhile back. So my build thread might awake from hibernation
Are you thinking about his qtr armor too?

#27,999 ·
YAY! (sarcasm) Just put @ $1000 into my WJ for tires and a new..yes I bought a brand new...resonator box and today my oil pressure gauge went crazy. Looks to be the oil pressure sensor (whatever the little bit above the oil filter is anyway) but I'm not 100% sure about it. I'm fairly certain though.....oil level is perfect, I'm due for a change within a few hundred miles but not overdue, and I am using a extra capacity filter, 5w-30 penzoil high mileage oil. The gauge went haywire yesterday once, then this AM while finding a parking spot at work it did it again, always around low idle speeds (500rpm due to an existing vacuum leak I'm about to fix when the part comes in). But when I left this afternoon, every time I would round a corner at low speed and low (500 or so) rpm the oil pressure gauge would dip down to midway between 1/2 and zero and eventually to zero if I didn't give it a little gas to up the revs. At a stop light I had to hold one foot on the brake and the other on the gas to keep the revs around 800 or so OR put it in neutral and keep the revs about 800 to keep the oil pressure gauge from dipping down. I have never had this problem prior to yesterday's once before today when it did it ALL the time.

Searching the forums leads me to believe that I'm probably going to need to replace the oil pressure sensor (the one just above the oil filter on the 4.7V8) but it still scares the holy jeebus out of anyone.