Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#27,742 ·
Well it finally happened. I broke my driver side seat. Yes I know lose some weight. :D Just going to keep the darn thing until it gets warmer to even check out what the problem is but I am going to guess broken welds.
I dealt with that last fall. If you are interested, here's what my problem was and how I ended up fixing it. In reality, it probably would have been cheaper to get a seat out of a local salvage yard [if they had any].

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/broken-seat-everything-1773985/

#27,746 ·
Threw in a trans cooler to bypass the stock one since the fitting at the radiator has been leaking since I bought the damn Jeep. Took a while to rig up the brackets, but it's mounted pretty damn solid now.

Also modified a radio bezel that I grabbed at the junkyard to fit a few switches. Hope to get a few flush mount LEDs for reverse lights someday soon.

#27,757 ·
That's what I always say also, but I can't bring myself to pay someone else to work on it when I can do it, get upgraded parts AND still save money.

:eek:n topic: finished brakes yesterday. Feels a lot better, like it actually stops now. Front pads weren't bad at all, think I did them less than 30k ago. But one of the slide pins was toasted and the boot was torn, luckily I got the last hardware kit the parts store had. Will post up a review after a week or so.
Any update on the brake install? How are they working out so far?

#27,758 ·
Well it finally happened. I broke my driver side seat. Yes I know lose some weight. :D Just going to keep the darn thing until it gets warmer to even check out what the problem is but I am going to guess broken welds.
I remember someone talking about there being kits to fix WJ broken seats. Do a search, you should find it. I know I posted a link to it three or four months ago on this thread.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers

Edit** I should have read the next post before commenting.

#27,760 ·
Finally got my WJ with the new suspension setup put back down on it's wheels last night.

I installed IRO ajustable long arms up front, adjustable upper A arm, and adjustable lower short arms and stacked a set of Fat Bob's spacers on top of my IRO springs.

So now it's a 4" spring with 2.5" spacer in the front and a 3" spring with a 2" spacer in the rear.

Hopefully I'll get around to finishing the job tonight. Just need to:

• adjust the trackbar
  • dial in the caster/pinion angles
  • center the steering wheel

The setup acutally looks pretty good. I'll post pics after I dial everything in and get is driving.