Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#25,081 ·
madslynge87 said:
Sold the Jeep today :-( Literally broke my heart looking at it driving away. auch ! My one big love...
What'A nd why???

#25,082 ·
Finished my inverter (1000w) install. Now I have one mains (240v) point in the front passenger area.....

Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Personal luxury car Vehicle door

........and another in the boot (trunk!). All switched on with an illuminated switch on the dash and fed via a 100 amp relay straight from the battery with big cables. Relay switch feed is from the cigarette lighter so I cant accidently leave it on with I take the keys out!

Car Fixture Vehicle Tints and shades Auto part

#25,084 ·
Dont have a WJ yet, but bought a 40" led light bar for it, cool ;)

#25,087 ·
Installed my inner sleeves, inner C gussets, LCA bracket gussets, new ball joints, and RCV axles.

FYI, those boots on the RCV's are a *****! Finally figured out if I heated them up with my heat lamps they popped on.

Fun fun!

#25,090 ·
#25,092 ·
re-caulked the liner inside the front fenders to keep crap out of the hinges better. also caulked where the radio antenna cable goes inside - found that grommet was half gone and that's probably what let so much water in my cab on my trip.
Any pics? I recently ripped out the fender liners on the wife's WJ and need to do this as well.

#25,093 ·
Any pics? I recently ripped out the fender liners on the wife's WJ and need to do this as well.
no pics... i just used a caulking tube of black RTV and spread it with my finger to basically glue in the foam inserts that are already there behind the plastic liners. some people use a pool noodle if you lost the inserts.

i did it a long time ago with seam sealer from Napa, but it was cracking and coming loose - hopefully the RTV works better.

#25,099 ·
You could have done a lot of that yourself. That's the only way I can save money.
Thats the key!.....If i paid I wasnt ex motor trade and had to pay every one to do stuff for me I probably could not afford to run a WJ at all...especially at UK prices (plus the fuel at over $9 a UK gallon!). I buy parts anywhere other than main stealer and do ALL my work myself. The only exception being mounting tyres....I can do it (I either use the 8 foot bar and rocker of the car method or the cut them off method....getting them on is easy by hand) but life is too short and I would still need to go in to balance them up.:thumbsup: