Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#24,202 ·
Thanks, that's why I've been putting it off. I would get them pressed on, just about to break down and pay someone else to sweat. I've been keeping the diff full since I've noticed the leak. Trying to keep it from going out, that's the last thing I need.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Keep an eye on it. Usually the seal leaks because of the bearing. I broke down and had mine done when I was working out of town. The metal wire on the caliper was actually rubbing on the hat of the rotor.

#24,203 ·
#24,204 ·
Are they the rogues? Love the style. Just not the chrome. Have a set I want to have refinished. obviously not in chrome.
Yeah the rogues. I like the style too, just the chrome is a little too "blingy" as the wife says lol. Thinking about trying the Dupli-Color wheel coating in graphite or silver.

#24,205 ·
Yeah the rogues. I like the style too, just the chrome is a little too "blingy" as the wife says lol. Thinking about trying the Dupli-Color wheel coating in graphite or silver.
I'm thinking of going to talk to these guys. Go a nice blue/black colour.
http://custompowdercoatings.ca/

#24,206 ·
Had the 'econo power' sticker on the battery I got when I got the jeep. Died in less than a year. Strange it's over another sticker though, which what looks to be the edge of a Ford logo? :shhh: As long as the connectors are done and it's giving you power :thumbsup:
Yeah...I meant to put masking tape over that so you guys wouldn't see that part...:D ... Actually "Econopower" is a branch of Interstate batteries..their refurb company...so I have some confidence in it...maybe yours was at the end of it's life when you got it.

Terminals look good though...right? :D

#24,207 ·
ZB_WJ said:
Thanks, that's why I've been putting it off. I would get them pressed on, just about to break down and pay someone else to sweat. I've been keeping the diff full since I've noticed the leak. Trying to keep it from going out, that's the last thing I need.

It's not too hard to fix that leak if it's around the seal, all you need to do is pull the cover and scrape off the old gasket or sealant and put some gasket maker on it, I did on both my diffs and it works like a charm...and as far as the seals go, it's a bigger mental hurdle than it is a project haha it's really not as hard as it seems. But word of advice- replace both seals if you're gonna do it, chances are replacing one can cause the other to blow out.

#24,209 ·
ZB_WJ said:

Bring it to the Lou. Did mine in an hour or so for each side. Bought a shop press off CL and makes things a breeze.

#24,211 ·
Yeah...I meant to put masking tape over that so you guys wouldn't see that part...:D ... Actually "Econopower" is a branch of Interstate batteries..their refurb company...so I have some confidence in it...maybe yours was at the end of it's life when you got it.

Terminals look good though...right? :D
LMAO! Rule one of photos - look at EVERYTHING in frame that you don't want there LOL.

Was newly put in when I got the WJ. Have top of the line NAPA now. Been great! With my CAA membership cost a whole $109. Gotta love that!

#24,214 ·
Hytek said:
Finally got a chance to get under it since I bought it to realize it has the gas tank skid, but no transfer case skid. Tow hooks were removed too. I don't understand people that buy a jeep and take off stuff like that. The PO of my niner removed them too.
Not all Wj's came with a transfer case skid and tow hooks. Mine didn't.

#24,215 ·
Dang that's a rip off the guy that powdercoated my bumper charges $20 per wheel to sandblast and powdercoat wheels. He only charged me $60 to sandblast and powder coat my bumper.
Anything auto is more expensive up here.

#24,219 ·
Local guy, bought them then tried to sell 2 weeks latter due to change in build direction.. Started at $1700 and eventually went down to $800 and I JUMPED on them for obvious reasons....