Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#2,382 ·
worked on my new light bar... pictures are in my build...gunna be taking my time on this one since i wont need it finished until may

#2,383 ·
dustinova said:
Got the rest of the Zone lift on. It rides a lot better than I thought it would, and looks pretty good too. Now I need to get the 265/75-16 tires and wheel spacers on.
Lookin good! yes, wheel spacers and a slight trim on the front and ur good!

#2,384 ·
Finally got to take some pictues of the Jeep. Showing the head and taillights I installed a few weeks ago. When I got the Jeep about 5 weeks ago it didnt have anything on it. No tint. Nothing. Bone stock. I never had a car that I could upgrade the lights on, So it was pretty fun. I want to black out the grill insert but waiting till I get black wheels. Need to debadge too. That "J" on the back is an eyesore.

Attachments

#2,385 ·
Finally got to take some pictues of the Jeep. Showing the head and taillights I installed a few weeks ago. When I got the Jeep about 5 weeks ago it didnt have anything on it. No tint. Nothing. Bone stock. I never had a car that I could upgrade the lights on, So it was pretty fun. I want to black out the grill insert but waiting till I get black wheels.
Its okay but I think you have some color mismatch going on there. Maybe shade the laredo cladding a little darker a bit. It just looks weird that you got the chrome inlaid taillights and you have dark tinted headlights and plastic laredo cladding. Painting the rims would definitely be a huge improvement. Its a good base to work off. Also, look at maybe getting a BB and some meaty tires, you'll really fiercen that thing up a bunch :)

edit: its definitely the rims that stick out

#2,386 ·
Its okay but I think you have some color mismatch going on there. Maybe shade the laredo cladding a little darker a bit. It just looks weird that you got the chrome inlaid taillights and you have dark tinted headlights and plastic laredo cladding. Painting the rims would definitely be a huge improvement. Its a good base to work off. Also, look at maybe getting a BB and some meaty tires, you'll really fiercen that thing up a bunch :)

The tails are smoked too. Pictures dont do it justice. You cant really tell cuz everytime I take a pic with my camera the flash reflects off the tails and takes the smoke out. IMO chrome tails are ugly on suvs. Kinda wish I got the black ones. Maybe someone will see them in the market if I get the black ones:eek: I agree with the BB and meat. :cheers:

#2,387 ·

i agree with you on that ..back when my jeep was stock i had everything blacked out except my rims and they stuck out like a eyesore

heres a pic back in highschool

#2,388 ·

+1 especially with the blackhoused laredo headlights... I'll trade you my 04 chrome front grill to go with your tails...:thumbsup:

EDIT: nevermind...you got rid of the blackhoused heads and replaced with smoked chromes...

#2,390 ·
i got my jks track bar for it today.maybe get it put on this weekend. THANKS KOLAK

#2,392 ·
+1 especially with the blackhoused laredo headlights... I'll trade you my 04 chrome front grill to go with your tails...:thumbsup:

EDIT: nevermind...you got rid of the blackhoused heads and replaced with smoked chromes...
I never had black housings. Thanks for the offer on the chrome grill but ill pass on that. :laugh: I dont remember which thread it was but someone did tell me to watch out for the Limited snobs when I post here:thumbdown:. I hope this is not what they mean lmao.

#2,393 ·
I never had black housings. Thanks for the offer on the chrome grill but ill pass on that. :laugh: I dont remember which thread it was but someone did tell me to watch out for the Limited snobs when I post here:thumbdown:. I hope this is not what they mean lmao.
Unless they were changed before you got it you did...

"Laredo (after 1/14/02, black inside clear lower lens)"

http://www.wjjeeps.com/lamps/lampsupgrade.htm#OEM (use this site alot, it is a great resource)

You're posting on a public forum dude, if you don't expect people to respond why bother posting...It wasn't like we said "you're making your jeep look like a pos ricer"...just saying that there wasn't a flow. Good luck with your WJ, be sure to do a build thread when you do more stuff...I'm sure it'll be interesting. Until then :cheers2:

#2,394 ·
Replaced my brake booster today .... MUCH easier than I thought it was going to be!

... "Limited snobs" ehh ... What a "small" world we live in where I'm judged by the badge on my Jeep. Personally, I wave at every Jeep I see on the road ....

#2,395 ·
Replaced my brake booster today .... MUCH easier than I thought it was going to be!

... "Limited snobs" ehh ... What a "small" world we live in where I'm judged by the badge on my Jeep. Personally, I wave at every Jeep I see on the road ....
What was wrong with it...Mine has been squeaking for a long time, like a bit of air is escaping.

#2,396 ·
Mine sqealed for awhile when I really got on the brakes. Last Friday when I got in, I touch the brakes once and it sounded like an air hose popped off something. Hissing sounds from under the brake pedal. I had to leave for a biz trip, so I didn't get to it until today.

I bought a replacement booster from Advance Auto (they're having an online coupon deal right now btw), unbolted the MC and somethings around it for extra wiggle room, unbolted the booster and slid it right out. Slid in the new one and bolted things up. Brakes are better than I remember them. Best of all it's SO QUIET! I was able to do the whole thing in about 30min w/o bleeding the brakes, and after the coupon and the refund on the core charge, I should come in at just under $100. Took some pictures ... I'll post them later if I get the chance....

If your booster is on the tit-er, I HIGHLY recommend this job. You'll love the difference!

#2,397 ·
someone did tell me to watch out for the Limited snobs when I post here:thumbdown:. I hope this is not what they mean lmao.
I dont think this is the case. I hope I dont come across as a snob because of the plastic cladding on my Jeep. IMO that and the interior are the only significant difference between Laredos and Limiteds and none of that matters when you hit the trails. I'd rather even have a Laredo as a trail rig because you wont scrape the paint off the cladding on tight wooded trails.

You're posting on a public forum dude, if you don't expect people to respond why bother posting...It wasn't like we said "you're making your jeep look like a pos ricer"...just saying that there wasn't a flow. Good luck with your WJ, be sure to do a build thread when you do more stuff...I'm sure it'll be interesting. Until then :cheers2:
Good point, I wasnt trying to say it looked riced either, but your appearence will definitely improve when you dont have that much contrast between the rims and the body. It creates a focal point on the rims right now and you want people to notice your whole Jeep not just the factory alloys.

amen brother...

Anyways, today I went out to my Jeep and did some cleaning. Did some more rust inhibition work until I get home and grind it all out, seems to be surface rust for the most part so I'm sighing relief

#2,398 ·
Mine sqealed for awhile when I really got on the brakes. Last Friday when I got in, I touch the brakes once and it sounded like an air hose popped off something. Hissing sounds from under the brake pedal. I had to leave for a biz trip, so I didn't get to it until today.

I bought a replacement booster from Advance Auto (they're having an online coupon deal right now btw), unbolted the MC and somethings around it for extra wiggle room, unbolted the booster and slid it right out. Slid in the new one and bolted things up. Brakes are better than I remember them. Best of all it's SO QUIET! I was able to do the whole thing in about 30min w/o bleeding the brakes, and after the coupon and the refund on the core charge, I should come in at just under $100. Took some pictures ... I'll post them later if I get the chance....

If your booster is on the tit-er, I HIGHLY recommend this job. You'll love the difference!
You make it sound pretty easy. Mine squeaks when you brake at the medium level. It will just have a constant squeak if you are on the brake, so I tend to brake slower or harder to avoid the sound.

It has been doing it for at least 4 years, it is worse in the winter...maybe I should do this. More info on the coupon deal?

#2,400 ·
Funny you guys should mention noisy boosters. When I press on the brakes there's an annoying squeak/chirp that comes from the pedal, wonder if it needs to be lubed up or if the booster is acting up. It pisses me off when the windows are shut and the radios off, I have a video. I should have had my blinker off I know but i took this video while I was waiting to leave an intersection..