What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1175 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBlack Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday Sa

Unread 02-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #17611
lvngtheJEEPlife
2001 WJ 

Looked at it, then at my bank statement. Then cried a little. Could have bought a built rig or a newer one haha

Unread 02-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #17612
GrandPuba
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvngtheJEEPlife View Post
Looked at it, then at my bank statement. Then cried a little. Could have bought a built rig or a newer one haha
Haha,I hear that.. Had mine barely 2 months and have basically funneled my paychecks into it.
'88 Comanche...dead and buried :(
GrandPuba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #17613
VestaviaPirate
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VestaviaPirate View Post
Update from the weekend that was hell...

Waiting to hear back from the shop and warranty adjuster...
Shop called me at 4:30 this afternoon, said the warranty wouldn't cover it.

Called the warranty co., said my policy is 30,000 miles or 24 months from time of purchase, which ever comes first.

24 months will be July, 2013 ... Bought Jeep w/ 83,000 miles; has 115,000 on it now = 2,000 miles over.

Has not been my week with the Jeep. Now the entire $1600 bill is on me & it'll take a week to fix. FACK!
VestaviaPirate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #17614
itsparadoxical
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VestaviaPirate View Post
Update from the weekend that was hell...

Noticed Friday night that someone hit me while parked at work, medicine ball dent in my rear bumper, no cracks, but will need to take it off and pop it out; its about 8" wide, 3" deep.

Lots of smoke on Saturday morning, but new (to me) tires (BFG Rugged Trail).

Rough ride on Saturday afternoon, wouldn't start that night for about 5 minutes. Once it warmed up, ran fine. Still lots of smoke at first.

Saturday night, on the 4 mile home trek, Jeep had heat go ice cold and the water temp started rising quick! Pulled over, let cool down, finished the rest of the trek no problem

Sunday bought a Hayes manual, seafoam, engine block cleaner and some Techtron stuff (figured it might help the missin'/sputtering I had when I first start the Jeep)

Sunday night went to run seafoam in it, noticed white/tanish foam; figured I had a blown head gasket.

Wife took it in to the shop for the head gasket, quoted at $1600. Called warranty we have, said our level of protection includes all gaskets and seals... meaning head gasket should be covered.

Waiting to hear back from the shop and warranty adjuster...
Did they do any testing to verify the HG is the problem? That is a lot of money to throw at it without a confirmed diagnosis...
itsparadoxical is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:10 AM   #17615
Mp5ben
2001 WJ 

Which way are the shocks supposed to be pointing on a WJ's rear? I have RC 2.2's and just want to make sure haha

This is how they are now, shock tube up
image-1347127127.jpg  
Mp5ben is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:11 AM   #17616
TheSiltSurfer
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp5ben
Which way are the shocks supposed to be pointing on a WJ's rear? I have RC 2.2's and just want to make sure haha

This is how they are now, shock tube up
That's correct
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:20 AM   #17617
GrandPuba
2004 WJ 

Did a few things to it this evening, but I think my biggest victory was getting one of my stupid backup lights to actually stay on.
'88 Comanche...dead and buried :(
GrandPuba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #17618
Mp5ben
2001 WJ 

Cool, thank you haha.

Anyway, installed my new CB radio in the dash push out cup. Install came out pretty clean so far.

image-3196919150.jpg

My friend tried putting the antenna somewhere with the bracket the antenna came with and attached it to my right taillight guard, is that okay? I was going to make my own mount anyway but this is convenient.

image-1762878143.jpg

Haven't wired up the radio to any power yet though, I tried using the wires to the cigarette lighter for power but it wasnt receiving any power. Was not really expecting it to be that easy haha, I'm going to do some more reading then hook it up somehow.
Mp5ben is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 01:35 AM   #17619
03azwj
2003 WJ 

Plastidipped my grill and installed tow hooks. I just can't stand the fake chrome grille and emblems. I love the way it looks now.

Before hooks and grill.

The girlfriend helping remove the bumper...Definitely a keeper....the girlfriend too.

After hooks and plastidipping.

3" OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100, JKS adjustable trackbar, Moog SS, IRO UCA'S & LCA'S, 3/4" front and rear spacers, BFG M/T km LT255/75R17, JK Rubicon takeoffs, 8K HIDS Hi's & Lo's. full Rockford Fosgate set-up, blue l.e.d. interior, clumsy driver
03azwj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 02:45 AM   #17620
srdart67
2002 WJ 

Went and bought it.
new-jeep.jpg  
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:06 AM   #17621
VestaviaPirate
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsparadoxical View Post
Did they do any testing to verify the HG is the problem? That is a lot of money to throw at it without a confirmed diagnosis...
They did. Before they could of called the warranty they had to fully diagnosis it.

It is a lot of money. He did say that he will take off both heads regardless, and send both to the machine shop, replacing both gaskets too. It's a pretty reputable shop, been taking all our Jeeps there for the past 15 or so years.

I trust em, just sucks about the money. My wife is about sick of dealing with this Jeep.
VestaviaPirate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #17622
roadcrew
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp5ben View Post
Cool, thank you haha.

Anyway, installed my new CB radio in the dash push out cup. Install came out pretty clean so far.

My friend tried putting the antenna somewhere with the bracket the antenna came with and attached it to my right taillight guard, is that okay? I was going to make my own mount anyway but this is convenient.

Haven't wired up the radio to any power yet though, I tried using the wires to the cigarette lighter for power but it wasnt receiving any power. Was not really expecting it to be that easy haha, I'm going to do some more reading then hook it up somehow.
That mount looks like a recipe for high Swr's. How is the lens grill connected to the body? And it doesn't look like the paint was removed under the antenna clamp.
There should be a well "grounded to body" attachment.
Buy or borrow an swr meter. And read this http://www.firestik.com/Tech_Docs.htm
I used a flat piece of steel to make my mounting bracket like so many others have. Easy and effective.

BOT. I added a pa horn to my cb set up. I got a Wolo 346. Wow! That thing is loud! Super easy to hook up too.
forumrunner_20130219_070650.jpg  
roadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:57 AM   #17623
lvngtheJEEPlife
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp5ben View Post
Cool, thank you haha.

Must people call those taillight guards damage multipliers, so getting past that point, yes that is what I wanted to do until I decided two self tapping screws right above the light worked wonderfully. Should work fine. Although id put it on the driver side, the farther it id from your radio antenna the better sound typically.
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #17624
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheel7
Today, I went to a junk yard and picked up a new radio bezel so I could put my pioneer 4300avh in. Also called up another place and I will be picking up a black cargo cover tomorrow for $20 bucks.

Side note: If anybody has any simple ideas that I could grab, I would be willing to ship to you.
I want to see your bezel when you are done
Timbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #17625
jtcnj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Recently replaced the push in drivers door panel retainers (ford type from auto zone closest match). Nice.

Took it to get this:
001-600x800-.jpg  

"Dubyuh" or "Blue Bayou": Patriot Blue 2001 Up-Country WJ Limited 4.7L V8 Quadra Drive: for now known as "Al-Dente" after my wife's "mod".

New Addition 12/2011: "Pearl" Forest Green Pearlcoat 1999 xj SE 4.0L/AW4/231/8.25 mostly stock for now.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
Ronald Wilson Reagan
jtcnj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.