What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1162 - JeepForum.com
 174Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #17416 of 41650 Old 02-13-2013, 07:17 PM
mdrum93
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lexington <> Boone
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch
Put the front end, bull bar, winch and KC lights back on.
Took a little test drive in the forest behind the house
Brand name please! Thats the best looking bull bar for a wj IMO

mdrum93 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17417 of 41650 Old 02-13-2013, 07:37 PM
Son-of-Beast
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Diego CA
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_WJ View Post
Wow you got ripped, I got a JY tranny for $200 25,000 miles ago..
Just*good*used tranny's here in San Diego average $700-900, and what I paid included tow to the shop and labor to drop and swap, filter and fluids with a warranty. I haven't had the time and don't really have the space to do it myself so no harm no foul.

'Son-of-Beast' - '02 WJ Limited, 4.7, 545RFE 5-spd Auto, Quadra-Drive, KOR 2.5" BB, Rancho RS5000's, Firestone Destination AT 265/70R17's, Flowmaster DeltaFlow 40, KMA/TAG armor, JK Fuel Door, Spyder CCFL Halo Projectors, LED Taillights, LED Interior Lights - Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/s...imited-956744/
Son-of-Beast is offline  
post #17418 of 41650 Old 02-13-2013, 07:57 PM
dippedWJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 151
Checked the gap on my spark plugs, .035 and still running a little rough. Ugh!
dippedWJ is offline  
post #17419 of 41650 Old 02-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Wenatchee_Kid
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggs2Dope View Post
I was just wondering how a set up like that,meaning factory bumper,bull bar and winch, would look. I like it a lot.
Tex's hidden winch build thread here:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...74/index8.html
Wenatchee_Kid is offline  
post #17420 of 41650 Old 02-13-2013, 10:08 PM
texlurch
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lake George, CO
Posts: 1,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4COWBOY View Post
Absolutely loving that set up man. I see you've got shackles on your bull bar could we see a closer shot of that set up? If thats the westin bull bar that i'm thinking of I never thought those were strong enough to be used as a tow point have you tried it yet?
Those are Fawkes shackle mounts/bull bar relocation brackets

I have no doubt they can handle a good tug!

Just another old fart in a Jeep... watchout younguns!!!
RC LA, IRO 6 in springs, OTK, Bilsteins, Aussie, Eaton, RCV's, 242-SYE, hidden winch, JCR Stage 3, skidded and trussed & sleeved
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline  
post #17421 of 41650 Old 02-13-2013, 10:11 PM
texlurch
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lake George, CO
Posts: 1,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrum93 View Post
Brand name please! Thats the best looking bull bar for a wj IMO
No idea on the brand of the bull bar; bought it off another member on here.

I liked it due to the shape and opening around my planned winch fairlead.

Just another old fart in a Jeep... watchout younguns!!!
RC LA, IRO 6 in springs, OTK, Bilsteins, Aussie, Eaton, RCV's, 242-SYE, hidden winch, JCR Stage 3, skidded and trussed & sleeved
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline  
post #17422 of 41650 Old 02-13-2013, 10:23 PM
tj_nite
Registered User
2014 MK Compass 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Appleton
Posts: 194
changed my map lights climate control and gauge lights in my jeep to cool white LED's
Attached Thumbnails
0213224730.jpg   0213224749.jpg   0213224808.jpg   0213224831.jpg  

*2014 compass sport FWD 5-speed manual no mods yet*

*SOLD 2001 wj laredo 4x4. will be missed *
tj_nite is offline  
post #17423 of 41650 Old 02-13-2013, 10:40 PM
MyZJ98
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ellington
Posts: 1,007
Replaced TPS sensor, cleaned TB and IAC, which got it running smoother than ever! Then this afternoon decided to give it some volume, and removed the muffler and put on a turn down. Thing sounds AMAZING now, I'm quite surprised how well it sounds with no muffler, and I plan on leaving it like that for now. Started running a little rough after tho, but probably because the computer is trying now to readjust to the new flow, will probably unplug the battery tomorrow to reset everything and let it start fresh, and put in some new spark plugs, which are way too long overdue.

Quick question though, now I have a '99 with the 4.7, and just before the muffler where I cut it off (about two inches before muffler) there was a large round cylinder I wasn't sure what it was. About 8-10" long, and maybe 6-8" in diameter. What threw me, was the pipe going into this, was 2.5" diam, but the pipe coming out, and into the muffler, was 2.25" diam??? Is that supposed to be that size? I though 4.7's were 2.5" throughout? And also what was that thing, a resonator or cat? I thought cat (thus why I didn't also cut it off), but there is no O2 sensor anywhere near it?

Thanks in advance

Derek

'98 ZJ Laredo, 4.0L, 140K, NP242, stock. (Sold @205k)
'99 WJ Laredo, 4.7L, 175K, NP249, stock. (Sold @240k)
'97 ZJ Limited, 4.0L, 109K, NP249, stock.(Current)
MyZJ98 is offline  
post #17424 of 41650 Old 02-13-2013, 10:41 PM
bamapride427
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Marietta
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj_nite View Post
changed my map lights climate control and gauge lights in my jeep to cool white LED's
Where you get the gauge and climate lights... wanna do mine badly
bamapride427 is offline  
post #17425 of 41650 Old 02-13-2013, 10:56 PM
tj_nite
Registered User
2014 MK Compass 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Appleton
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamapride427 View Post
Where you get the gauge and climate lights... wanna do mine badly
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/l...l-/30-587-29-/

this link will take you right to the page with the list of bulbs for the your jeep if you have laredo model thats where i got mine and do you have climate controll like mine?if so

Climate control bulb... PC74 must get pc74 not just 74
gauges... #74

here is a link if you want to see details on bulbs for the jeep
http://www.**********.org/f204/an-in...led-34194.html
the ********** = jeep garage with out a space

*2014 compass sport FWD 5-speed manual no mods yet*

*SOLD 2001 wj laredo 4x4. will be missed *
tj_nite is offline  
post #17426 of 41650 Old 02-13-2013, 11:12 PM
bamapride427
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Marietta
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj_nite View Post

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/l...l-/30-587-29-/

this link will take you right to the page with the list of bulbs for the your jeep if you have laredo model thats where i got mine and do you have climate controll like mine?if so

Climate control bulb... PC74 must get pc74 not just 74
gauges... #74

here is a link if you want to see details on bulbs for the jeep
http://www.**********.org/f204/an-in...led-34194.html
the ********** = jeep garage with out a space
Which one is climate control on that link though? So many options
bamapride427 is offline  
post #17427 of 41650 Old 02-13-2013, 11:39 PM
USMCBehrensDVLD
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Smithtown
Posts: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj_nite
changed my map lights climate control and gauge lights in my jeep to cool white LED's
How many bulbs was it to change the ones for the gauges and climate control? Thanks in advance

2004 Jeep WJ Freedom,4.5inch TerraFlex Coils, CLAYTON Front Long Arms, 2014 Rubicon Wheels on 33s AT
USMCBehrensDVLD is offline  
post #17428 of 41650 Old 02-14-2013, 12:25 AM
USMCBehrensDVLD
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Smithtown
Posts: 609
In the middle of redoing the birds nest of wires I've created from everything I'm running. Easy job just time consuming. And whoever designed the handles on the A-pillars is a genius(sarcasm) PITA just to get the two bolts out because the hole their in is just a little to small for a normal 1/4inch socket


image-1830539424.jpg

2004 Jeep WJ Freedom,4.5inch TerraFlex Coils, CLAYTON Front Long Arms, 2014 Rubicon Wheels on 33s AT
USMCBehrensDVLD is offline  
post #17429 of 41650 Old 02-14-2013, 01:12 AM
wvracer821
Web Wheeler
 
wvracer821's Avatar
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Morgantown
Posts: 1,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyZJ98 View Post
Replaced TPS sensor, cleaned TB and IAC, which got it running smoother than ever! Then this afternoon decided to give it some volume, and removed the muffler and put on a turn down. Thing sounds AMAZING now, I'm quite surprised how well it sounds with no muffler, and I plan on leaving it like that for now. Started running a little rough after tho, but probably because the computer is trying now to readjust to the new flow, will probably unplug the battery tomorrow to reset everything and let it start fresh, and put in some new spark plugs, which are way too long overdue.

Quick question though, now I have a '99 with the 4.7, and just before the muffler where I cut it off (about two inches before muffler) there was a large round cylinder I wasn't sure what it was. About 8-10" long, and maybe 6-8" in diameter. What threw me, was the pipe going into this, was 2.5" diam, but the pipe coming out, and into the muffler, was 2.25" diam??? Is that supposed to be that size? I though 4.7's were 2.5" throughout? And also what was that thing, a resonator or cat? I thought cat (thus why I didn't also cut it off), but there is no O2 sensor anywhere near it?

Thanks in advance
It is a catalytic converter.

DD: 2014 RAM 3500 Megacab Larmie 6.7L Cummins
Junk: 2000 WJ, 4.0L
Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...build-1436556/
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/
wvracer821 is offline  
post #17430 of 41650 Old 02-14-2013, 01:13 AM
doorjamm
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rocklin
Posts: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyZJ98 View Post
Quick question though, now I have a '99 with the 4.7, and just before the muffler where I cut it off (about two inches before muffler) there was a large round cylinder I wasn't sure what it was. About 8-10" long, and maybe 6-8" in diameter. What threw me, was the pipe going into this, was 2.5" diam, but the pipe coming out, and into the muffler, was 2.25" diam??? Is that supposed to be that size? I though 4.7's were 2.5" throughout? And also what was that thing, a resonator or cat? I thought cat (thus why I didn't also cut it off), but there is no O2 sensor anywhere near it?

Thanks in advance
It's a cat

http://www.wjjeeps.com/muffler_wj.jpg
doorjamm is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 8 (7 members and 1 guests)
AGar20 , bayer , FabioTheTech , jamesrw30 , Shader , tigerfan2 , wxmanWJ
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Tried to do Spark Plugs today in the 4.7--Didn't happend Astorm WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 43 03-24-2014 08:35 PM
Died today... jimbo141 WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 28 05-09-2011 08:20 PM
I want to order some brakes today matrix849 WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 30 07-25-2010 01:01 AM
found an ad today KI4KWF WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 3 07-30-2007 12:27 AM
Just got my xenon on today ! unbelivable ! gaignstar WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 8 05-12-2002 08:38 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome