What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1150 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #17236
mdrum93

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC_Jeeps

Yep, I got it for like $45 on ebay. It came with a nice switch/relay setup. Also, once I added Hella 75w H3's the light output is awesome.
Any rust problems? And is it good quality? (Is it like cheap plastic) I really like that look and that thing on ebay right now is $75...might be a hard deal for me to pass up.

For Sale: Rear D44a open for WJ
mdrum93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #17237
XC_Jeeps
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrum93 View Post
Any rust problems? And is it good quality? (Is it like cheap plastic) I really like that look and that thing on ebay right now is $75...might be a hard deal for me to pass up.
Well mine is plastic, I don't think they sell mine anymore because with mine it only has one switch that turns on all the lights. Nonetheless, its held up well for the couple of months that I have had it on. Also, I get compliments all the time that it looks like it was made for the Jeep.
Unread 02-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #17238
roach68
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvngtheJEEPlife

What paint did you use? Prep?
I removed them from the jeep, wet sanded with 320, washed then degreased with brake parts cleaner. Primed them white with Rust-Oleum primer, then top coated with Rust-Oleum Silver Metallic then put a couple coats of clear on.
Unread 02-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #17239
spud2388

Finally received my motor mounts from Kolak. Now hopefully I can get them changed out, find out if the manifold gasket is split and causing my whistling or if my manifold is cracked somewhere. Get that fixed and hopefully get rid of all the vibrations that I have when stopped in drive.
spud2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #17240
mdrum93

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach68

I painted mine over the past summer.
Hows the painting holding up? Any chipping?

For Sale: Rear D44a open for WJ
mdrum93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #17241
Teflon916
1999 WJ 

So my transmission pan was leaking because of my poor rtv job. So I went under there and tried to tighten some of the bolts and ended up snapping one of the heads off.... Now it's leaking twice as bad. So I guess tomorrow I will be dropping the trans pan again.

Also took my front double rzeppa driveshaft out. Boot was ripped pretty good. Going to the junkyard to try and find another since I'm poor and can't afford to upgrade. All I have is a 2in bb so I should be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Teflon916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #17242
GrandPuba
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon916 View Post
So my transmission pan was leaking because of my poor rtv job. So I went under there and tried to tighten some of the bolts and ended up snapping one of the heads off.... Now it's leaking twice as bad. So I guess tomorrow I will be dropping the trans pan again.

Also took my front double rzeppa driveshaft out. Boot was ripped pretty good. Going to the junkyard to try and find another since I'm poor and can't afford to upgrade. All I have is a 2in bb so I should be ok.

Sucks about the trans.... But you might be able to junk yard an upgrade front shaft....some came with "the good kind". I also read that a ZJ shaft can work...but I think you have to get both yokes. That's what I'm going to do, but my axle side is a u-joint, so I don't need to worry about swapping that thing.
'88 Comanche...dead and buried :(
GrandPuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #17243
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPuba View Post
Sucks about the trans.... But you might be able to junk yard an upgrade front shaft....some came with "the good kind". I also read that a ZJ shaft can work...but I think you have to get both yokes. That's what I'm going to do, but my axle side is a u-joint, so I don't need to worry about swapping that thing.
ZJ transfer case yoke will not mate with a WJ transfer case. Changing the Diff yoke I also heard from somewhere is more difficult because the torque spec is very... very important. OP if you can find a WJ with a double cardan front shaft snatch it up if you can... and then follow instructions for switching axle yoke very carefully.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #17244
GrandPuba
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post

ZJ transfer case yoke will not mate with a WJ transfer case. Changing the Diff yoke I also heard from somewhere is more difficult because the torque spec is very... very important. OP if you can find a WJ with a double cardan front shaft snatch it up if you can... and then follow instructions for switching axle yoke very carefully.
Yes, I did also read you need a yoke off a 246 I think? I need to find that info again. I'm glad I don't have to deal with the axle.
'88 Comanche...dead and buried :(
GrandPuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #17245
Teflon916
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86

Yea I'm not very confident that I could change change out the yokes my self. When I get enough money I will buy a new double u joint style shaft and pay a shop to put it in. Probly buy the shaft from the shop too just to make it easy.

Teflon916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 11:39 PM   #17246
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcjeeping View Post
Took it out to stretched its legs and parked next to a stalk WJ.

That's a great picture. They don't look anything like each other at all.
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 05:30 AM   #17247
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcjeeping
Took it out to stretched its legs and parked next to a stalk WJ.
Jeep on the right, now for sale or being traded in later this week lol

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 06:06 AM   #17248
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ

Jeep on the right, now for sale or being traded in later this week lol
Or hopefully lifted

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #17249
roach68
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrum93

Hows the painting holding up? Any chipping?
Great so far, I have yet to use the roof rack for hauling so I can't speak for its durability
Unread 02-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #17250
bendafinga
2004 WJ 

Replaced the tail lights with new aftermarket ones because I got tired of tinkering with the poor socket connections.
bendafinga is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.