What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 112 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-17-2011, 07:53 PM   #1666
Uglyducklyin713
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EisBlade View Post
Looks awesome. How do you like those shocks?
I like them alot, they do everything that I need them to

WJ- 4.7, NV247, KOR 2.75 lift, KOR 3/4 front spacers, 32" KM2's, IRO dual Tenneco Steering Stabilizers, ProComp ES3000 shocks, Tom Woods front DS, Rola Roof Rack, Saguaro Front Shackles, Overland sliders, Flowmaster Exhaust, LEDs in the interior, Cobra CB, 6000K Hid's, 3500K fogs, Fog Lights up top, Tinted Lights...
Uglyducklyin713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 07:59 PM   #1667
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straty1987 View Post
lol the front skid is ok,

on the 4.7 its a pain to get oil filter, but you have the 4.0

it wont protect much but it was a junk yard part.
did you get the nuts that goes into the unifram for the TC skid?
I know, it was a royal PAIN to get on because somebody put rosebud fasteners into the nut-holes. Oil filter shouldnt be a prob for me but you 4.7 guys with it up front, I feel bad.

The TC skid is sitting in my trunk but its got broken bolts seized into the crossmember nuts right now, gotta deal with that... I forgot to grab the nuts for the uniframe I'm so upset! I didnt really know what they look like either. Is it something I could just buy at a hardware store or for under $10 at the dealer? Does anybody have extras they're willing to sell? I guess I could always go back to the yard but I dont want to be laying in the mud trying to get those things out

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 08:23 PM   #1668
li'l jeep
Always a Pirate

1997 ZJ 

drove it home with the windows and sun roof open...60 degrees in jersey. absolutely hilarious...just last week it was 15 degrees out. gotta love motha nature
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
li'l jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 08:26 PM   #1669
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Drove Home from School with all the windows down, sunroof open, and music bumping in a balmy 72 degrees in Virginia! (wait it was just snowing 7 days ago!)
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 08:42 PM   #1670
nhkrugb
2000 WJ 

Gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Did you gap them properly? I'm doing the same thing tomorrow... maybe even TB clean depending on the weather.

Today I did a nice drive with windows and sunroof open, it was 57* out! I'm digging my new front skid
Yes, I checked every plug - 0.040. I did the basic TB clean, maybe I will take out the IAC and clean it by hand.

As a random question - the dealer did my last plug change, and I have exactly one O-ring sealing the coils in (out of 8), and it was up by the bracket instead of down where wjjeeps shows the o-ring. Is this a big concern? Thankfully I had my compressor at home for once to blow the holes out prior to pulling the plugs. They were effing filthy.

Also, wjjeeps notes a ground strap on the rear-most plug for the passenger side and drivers side. I only had one on the passenger side. I assume this is OK.

The other thing I have seen mentioned about rough idle is to check the vacuum hoses. I have 180,000 miles on her now, I assume with the dry and brutal weather we have out here that it should be something I look into?

Thanks.
nhkrugb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #1671
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

changed out my blown hood struts to some brand new monroe's. i must say, i'm kinda scared when i pop the hood now cause they have A LOT of power behind them. haha

also, you know me and dark tint....5 over 5% the rear most window!! took like 20 minutes so ahh piece of cake
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 08:53 PM   #1672
sherker55
2004 WJ 

Jersey forecast...Friday 70, Sat 45, Sun 42, Mon Rain 40, tues snow 38...hahaha figures, f'ing Jersey!
Was nice to drive around with the windows down though, and tomorrow we are pulling our son from school (he's 3, so no bigggie) and going to the Zoo...nice thing about where I am in South Jersey...1 hour to mountains , 1 hour to the beach, 10 min to Phill, 1 hr 10 min to NY (all times subject to ridiculous traffic which can double or tripple trip times!)

NHKRUGB, def check the vac lines, and IAC is notorious for messing up idle
sherker55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 09:25 PM   #1673
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhkrugb View Post
Yes, I checked every plug - 0.040. I did the basic TB clean, maybe I will take out the IAC and clean it by hand.

As a random question - the dealer did my last plug change, and I have exactly one O-ring sealing the coils in (out of 8), and it was up by the bracket instead of down where wjjeeps shows the o-ring. Is this a big concern? Thankfully I had my compressor at home for once to blow the holes out prior to pulling the plugs. They were effing filthy.

Also, wjjeeps notes a ground strap on the rear-most plug for the passenger side and drivers side. I only had one on the passenger side. I assume this is OK.

The other thing I have seen mentioned about rough idle is to check the vacuum hoses. I have 180,000 miles on her now, I assume with the dry and brutal weather we have out here that it should be something I look into?

Thanks.
Are you going by the sticker under the hood? I read .035 on WJJeeps and other JF posts and I just gapped mine to that tonight. I haven't installed them yet and I've been too lazy to go check under the hood. I do seem to remember seeing .040 so I'm confused as to what they're supposed to be

Edit: Derp you have a V8. Ignore me lol.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 02-17-2011, 10:21 PM   #1674
Gosses04
2004 WJ 

i ordered my IRO 3" Lift kit today!! woot!
Gosses04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 12:14 AM   #1675
WJGERRY
2004 WJ 

Painted my rear rotors and calipers with caliper paint.
Putting wheel spacers on and can't bolt those shiny new spacers next to rusty calipers... lol

Somthing to do to pass the time lol... and cheap, just a little caliper paint and some elbow grease.
jeep-caliper.jpeg   jeep-wheel-spacer.jpeg  
WJGERRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 12:19 AM   #1676
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

that looks REAL good!! nice job mang
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 12:33 AM   #1677
WJGERRY
2004 WJ 

Came out better than I than I expected... Now Ill have to see how well the paint holds up to the mud and rain..
I expect a litle rust to come up through after a while... I just used a wire brush and a little emery cloth.. then wiped with mineral spirits and painted...
WJGERRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 01:49 PM   #1678
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I went to go change the plugs and was very happy with how easy the coil rail makes things. I could probably have them done in 20 minutes if I worked fast. Anyways, pulled the plugs out and noticed they looked almost brand new. Gap was a little tight though so I fixed that. I threw the old ones back in because they were so new. Fixing the gap makes my i6 start with more of a kick now and throttle response was noticeably improved.

Oh and on my test drive my check engine light came back on. P0456, same as before. !@#$%^&*

Matt
Unread 02-18-2011, 02:52 PM   #1679
alifted4x4
2000 WJ 

New fuel filter and rear sway bar ends.
2000 WJ 6 1/2" lift,IRO Coils, IRO Front ADJ Long Arms, Clayton Rear Long Arms, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, JKS Track bar, JKS Bar Pins, K & N FIPK, 265/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 1.5" Wheel Spacers, Addco Rear Sway Bar, IRO Rear Sway Bar Links, Flowmaster 40,2002 Cluster to be continued.....
alifted4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #1680
TSyl
2001 WJ 

The boy and I replaced the rear output seal on the t-case and the fluid. The gave it a good rinsing with a bit a scrubbing.
TSyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.