Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#22,182 ·
Well I got my new Synergy ball joints from Kolak the other day and I installed them today. What a pain the originals were to get out!!!!!!!!! The 4 wheel drive ball joint kit from harbor freight is NOT the kit to get! Best to spend the cash and get a good kit. my old ball joints had no play in them at all when I moved the steering and when it was upon jacks there was no movement there either so I was thinking they were not bad! Showed no signs of being bad but I replaced them any way. So the Synergy joints are waaaaaay thighter feeling than the old ones and they didn't show any signs of being worn out. Well worth the cash for them! Highly recommended!!!!!

#22,185 ·
installed my LCA's set to 16" gave me 6.7* castor... Good news- drives, and steers awesome. Bad news- vibrations. Gonna set about 4* tomorrow.

#22,186 ·
SUPER EXCITING DAY!

Got my WJ lifted, finally, after waiting quite a while for the back-ordered springs.
I installed OME HD springs + OME 10mm spacers, new coil spring isolators, Bilstein 5100 shocks, JKS adjustable track bar, Moog Super Trail Boss SS, IRO extended sway bar links, and got some brand new JK wheels with brand new TPMS's wrapped with 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratrac rubber. Took forever to install singlehandedly since I was in a very cramped space cleared out in the garage, which was extremely hot here in Las Vegas (couldn't install on driveway because of Home Owner's Association pricks and it's 110 degrees outside anyway). But yeah, had to take regular breaks due to the heat and having no one to help nor much space to work in, it took quite a while. BUT SHE'S FINALLY DONE! For now... aside from needing to adjust the track bar and needs an alignment, but I'll wait a few days until I get my Moog HD TRE's installed for the alignment.

By the way, does anyone have any tips for adjusting the track bar? My axle is at least an inch to the passenger side. I don't suppose they would adjust that as part of the alignment...
Even as-is, it drives straight and rides a lot better than stock and with the 4.7l, I don't even notice a decrease in power, really.

http://s33.photobucket.com/user/draggboy/media/IMG_1250_zpsb00d411c.jpg.html

http://s33.photobucket.com/user/draggboy/media/IMG_1243_zps696d7e33.jpg.html

Some weak "flexing" at a nearby construction site...
http://s33.photobucket.com/user/draggboy/media/IMG_1246_zps977f5e16.jpg.html

I am SUPER happy with it! Pics don't do it justice, as anyone with a lifted WJ knows. It looks HUGE in person. In person, it looks like what I thought a 5" lift with 33's would be like. I started with an average measurement of about 17-3/4" from hub to fender, and now I'm at almost 22-1/4" on all four corners. It will settle a little, but I think I got a solid 4 inches out of the lift. I love the Duratracs and the overall look (especially love the brand new JK wheels compared to my stock chrome clad Rogues). I will add some Spydertrax spacers soon and definitely need some rock sliders as well as some new black (not tinted, but black as opposed to chrome) headlights and a few other things to tie it together. But I think it's pretty awesome already. Thanks for anyone who's posts and info helped me along the way, and thanks to KOLAK for providing me with this and recommending all of the quality components!
Awesome! Putting my lift on here in a few hours soon as I get home from work.

#22,189 ·
Put on some new sway bar bushings and tried to get the stillen brakes put on, but those bolts are really stuck on there! Put some pb blaster on em for the night.

On the up side, I really love the impact wrench I got my dad for Father's Day!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

#22,190 ·
Awesome! Putting my lift on here in a few hours soon as I get home from work.
You'll be stoked! Good luck with it! I'd give you some tips, but you're probably already working on it.

#22,191 ·
I tweaked my track bar a good bit and have my axle nearly centered. I also picked up some new grade 8 bolts for the track bar and IRO sway bar links (since the ones IRO gave me stripped before they even got to 75 lbs. Bummed to hear about some of their quality issues lately, as I wanted their adjustable CA's), but before I did that, I put some gas in her...

#22,192 ·
Finally got my Kolak 3" lift ordered. Waiting with anticipation.
You'll love it! Did you get the OME springs? I hope it doesn't take long for you to get them. I think they got the scarcity problem sorted out now, but I don't think the huge shipment of springs has arrived from the cargo ship yet. They're worth the wait, though, I love the ride. Of course the Bilsteins are mostly to thank for that. PM me if you want a list of the sizes of stronger bolts I'd recommend getting. I'd replace the track bar bolts (no the JKS TB doesn't come with new ones), the Bilstein shocks don't come with lower front mount bolts and the stock ones are tack welded to the shocks, so you NEED the front shock bolts at the very least, and I'd also replace the bolts that IRO sends you for the extended sway bar links, if you got those too, as mine stripped and didn't seem very good. I got grade 10.9 Metric bolts, which are supposed to be equivalent to Grade 8 SAE in strength. I have a hardware store that is nearby that sells every awesome hard to find specialty tool or hardware or whatever you need, but it's going to be hard to find really good bolts just anywhere. Lowes has an okay selection, but I imagine Ace has a much better selection. I'd go there or some other dedicated hardware store.

#22,193 ·
BOT: I finally had a CCNR complaint from the Home Owners' Association about my "inoperable vehicle" in the street. :rtft: I don't know where to take the dub since they say it has to be in the backyard or side yard, yet I would need a crane to get it in either of those with the way my lot is set up. Won't have a new motor for another month or so, will have to search for a place to drop it off where I can continue to work on it. The annoying part is you can't even tell it's inoperable unless you pop the hood, yet my neighbors are nazis. :ballchain:
Bastards. I'd wait until cover of darknes and put it in the garage, cover up the windows from the inside so they can't snoop in since it seems that they are, and call it a day. I keep mine in my garage and they can't say **** here. Out on the street or even my driveway causes issues here. I don't understand how they can give you an alternative that's impossible to do. That's just being nasty in my eyes.

If anyone says anything, ask how does anyone know it's inoperable or not? Has someone violate your privacy and gone into your vehicle? Isn't that invasion of privacy? Here I think they thought my jeep wouldn't fit into my garage. They were wrong. Bottom line is as long as no one can see it, they don't gripe. Hope you get it sorted out.

Maybe we should all bring our jeeps over and visit you and really give them something to gripe about. I absolutely hate nosey *******es like this that have nothing better to do than cause issues for others that are none fo their business. People like that need a good *****slap or 10.

#22,194 ·
TJSWJ fixed my jeep Thursday! I no longer feel compelled to kill it with fire!

My carrier, bushings, no drive axles, and cracked breather tube on my front axle made it useless... So he bolted a new one on. Got new rotors, pads, and calipers.

Fixed my ever blowing relay issue by replacing the plug itself.

Fixed my emissions issue by replacing one of the hoses broken at the EVAP canister.

Now I have no check engine lights and a WORKING 4x4! Hooray!

#22,195 ·
TJSWJ fixed my jeep Thursday! I no longer feel compelled to kill it with fire!

My carrier, bushings, no drive axles, and cracked breather tube on my front axle made it useless... So he bolted a new one on. Got new rotors, pads, and calipers.

Fixed my ever blowing relay issue by replacing the plug itself.

Fixed my emissions issue by replacing one of the hoses broken at the EVAP canister.

Now I have no check engine lights and a WORKING 4x4! Hooray!
:thumbsup: Nice! Will be glad when I can get my problems fixed. Ready to drive it off a cliff some days.