What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1108 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 01-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #16606
USMCBehrensDVLD
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagov

me too. take some before and after pics of those lights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum5.9

Interested in seeing more of this!

I just installed them now and took a couple before pics last night, when it gets dark I'll take pics of them

Unread 01-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #16607
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBehrensDVLD
First few pieces of LEDs came in the mail today for my LED conversion tomorrow, fed up with HID's and their crap ballasts

Also getting a new valve cover gasket tomorrow to stop it from leaking and smelling like burning oil
For fogs?

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #16608
USMCBehrensDVLD
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ

For fogs?
Haven't bought LEDs for fogs yet, only headlights and markers. Fogs are on the list to get
Unread 01-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #16609
waxon
2000 WJ 

You putting the LEDs in stock housings or projectors? Also how much did they run you?

Sent from my iPhone using that little keyboard and big clumsy thumbs.
Unread 01-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #16610
truebluetitan
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxon
You putting the LEDs in stock housings or projectors? Also how much did they run you?

Interested in hearing more too. Link to site?
'04 WJ Limited, 4.7L V8, OME HD 3" Springs, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, JKS Adjustable Trackbar, MOOG Steering Stabilizer, OME 10 MM Spacers, Addco 1" Rear Antisway Bar, Greaseable Bushings, 20% Front Window Tint, LED Rear Lights, Projector Headlights, WeatherTech All-Weather Floor Mats, Carbon Fiber Interior | Build Thread http://bit.ly/HsPIhz
truebluetitan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #16611
USMCBehrensDVLD
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluetitan

Interested in hearing more too. Link to site?
The lights I got from superbrightleds.com each bulb is different in price, i think these were 20 each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxon

Stock housing, one day I'll get some projectors installed.
Unread 01-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #16612
Gafford44
2003 WJ 

Interested in seeing the output from LEDs as headlights.

I can't imagine your range being very far.
Unread 01-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #16613
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I would be... very shocked... if the LEDs can put out half of what your average halogen could do. Fog lights for show and parking lights, sure... but headlamps I'm very skeptical.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #16614
Justin_WJ
2000 WJ 

Really depends what watt led's he bought...
2000 WJ Limited, 4inch RC X, 242 T-case swap, 33x12.50 STT's, 15x8 D window wheels with 3.75 BS, JKS ADJ. Tracbar, T-case armor, Custom front winch bumper, Smittybilt XRC 8, 4.56's Extended Rola Rack w/Harbor Freight 6" lights, and always muddy :)
Justin_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #16615
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_WJ View Post
Really depends what watt led's he bought...
Well... because of how low modern day SMD LEDs have gotten with current draw it's really hard to accurately compare to the halogens, seeing as conventional bulbs are about 90% inefficient. On top of that its way more than the wattage, LEDs can put out alot of light but it is most likely not in the right pattern with the way they're arranged on the bulb. If housings were designed around the LEDs they might stand a chance in headlights soon but I'd say theres a reason they're not too popular yet. Also, check out RIGID LED bars, the LEDs themselves are only half of what makes them so good. They have really well designed enclosures with individual reflectors for each LED, and no doubt those reflectors have been designed around the light output pattern of an LED. Put a bunch of LEDs on a stick and put them in a halogen reflector, ehhh I'd say the results would be less than pleasing. BUT I leave myself completely vulnerable to stand corrected, and am just as curious how they turn out.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #16616
Justin_WJ
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86
Well... because of how low modern day SMD LEDs have gotten with current draw it's really hard to accurately compare to the halogens, seeing as conventional bulbs are about 90% inefficient. On top of that its way more than the wattage, LEDs can put out alot of light but it is most likely not in the right pattern with the way they're arranged on the bulb. If housings were designed around the LEDs they might stand a chance in headlights soon but I'd say theres a reason they're not too popular yet. Also, check out RIGID LED bars, the LEDs themselves are only half of what makes them so good. They have really well designed enclosures with individual reflectors for each LED, and no doubt those reflectors have been designed around the light output pattern of an LED. Put a bunch of LEDs on a stick and put them in a halogen reflector, ehhh I'd say the results would be less than pleasing. BUT I leave myself completely vulnerable to stand corrected, and am just as curious how they turn out.
Agreed, the housings have ALOT to do with how well LED's perform
2000 WJ Limited, 4inch RC X, 242 T-case swap, 33x12.50 STT's, 15x8 D window wheels with 3.75 BS, JKS ADJ. Tracbar, T-case armor, Custom front winch bumper, Smittybilt XRC 8, 4.56's Extended Rola Rack w/Harbor Freight 6" lights, and always muddy :)
Justin_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #16617
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

I thought LEDs were not for driving lights because they won't be bright enough to see.

Looking at this for my aunt

04 limited 94k miles v8 w trans cooler and no hitch? QT tcase, they were asking $10,200 but CL shows $9900, got them talked down to $7500 but I think they need to take another 1-2,000 off.

Has rusty gas tank skid, rusted window sills,

But looks clean underneath and runs great.

Defrost has a clicking from dash but both heat and cold.

Looking at an 04 overland w/nav and new tires tomorrow. They want 8800.00 with 104,000 miles.
image-764431298.jpg  

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #16618
LilLuKe
2004 WJ 

^ those aren't limited rims
LilLuKe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #16619
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLuKe View Post
^ those aren't limited rims
According to WJJEEPS they are.

http://www.wjjeeps.com/wheels.htm

tyle 7b 17 x 7.5 Avila (small cap)
(Cast aluminum with Sparkle Silver accents, 10-spoke) 5HE38TAEAB
(Sales code WGP)
(After 4/22/02)

wheel center cap #52059522AA
Center cap:
52059522AA
2003 Limited (standard)

2004 Limited (standard)

-GCJEEPING's build/mod thread-IT'S A GREEN THING...
gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #16620
LilLuKe
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcjeeping

According to WJJEEPS they are.

http://www.wjjeeps.com/wheels.htm

tyle 7b 17 x 7.5 Avila (small cap)
(Cast aluminum with Sparkle Silver accents, 10-spoke) 5HE38TAEAB
(Sales code WGP)
(After 4/22/02)

wheel center cap #52059522AA
Center cap:
52059522AA
2003 Limited (standard)

2004 Limited (standard)
Didn't realize they were standard on 04's. didn't even know they were an option.
LilLuKe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.