What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1095 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 01-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #16411
lvngtheJEEPlife
2001 WJ 

Mother F*****. I'm gonna call him. I told him that three times. I told him get zerex G05 or the stuff from the dealer. He said nahh we have anti corrosion stuff in the machine that i run thru my jeep.

Unread 01-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #16412
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Conventional green antifreeze formulations usually contain a number of inorganic corrosion inhibitors that provide immediate corrosion protection because they maintain the pH of the solution (buffer it), but are consumed or transformed chemically as they perform their functions. As the coolant is heated and cooled, and exposed to air, the components of the conventional antifreeze additive package are depleted over time. This causes the pH to drop, and is why the coolant should be changed out every two years or 24,000 miles.
Dexcool-type extended life coolants use organic acid technology to inhibit corrosion, and are referred to as OAT based coolants. OAT antifreezes are touted as having longer potential service life than conventional antifreezes because of the fact that the components in the additive package are not chemically consumed as they perform their function of inhibiting corrosion. The chemicals used in the OAT type formulas protect metals from corrosion by forming a thin, molecular coating on them, and because of this, are not as fast acting as conventional inorganic formulas. However, as long as the cooling system is kept sufficiently full and coolant is not lost due to leakage nor diluted by top-off with water or conventional antifreeze, it will continue to function properly. Unfortunately, if the cooling system is not properly maintained, a “red muck” is likely to form and could cause serious cooling system problems.
The third type of antifreeze on the market today is the hybrid OAT, known as HOAT (or G O-5). One of the primary problems with OAT formulations is that they are not compatible with conventional antifreezes. The chemicals used in OAT antifreeze react to some extent with some of the inorganic salts and other components in conventional antifreeze. The result of this interaction is the generation of cloudiness and precipitates. HOAT formulations are called hybrid because the additive package contains ingredients from both OAT and conventional formulas and is compatible with both.
Hybrid OAT antifreezes provide both fast acting and extended life corrosion protection, eliminate the problem of anti- freeze compatibility, and therefore are compatible with all types and colors of antifreeze.
Unfortunately, many automotive professionals consider all extended life antifreeze to be “Dexcool” and associate all the problems related to “Dexcool” with both OAT and HOAT formulas. The result of this misconception is often replacing the extended life coolant with conventional green. Industry experts say that this can be done safely if all of the green antifreeze is removed from the system. However, auto manufacturers recommend specific formulations and replacing the factory fill coolant with a different type that doesn’t meet the manufacturer’s specifications could cause liability issues down the road. A much safer solution is to replace OAT systems with HOAT coolant which meets OAT specificationsFrom recycool

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #16413
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

OAT is not HOAT

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #16414
lvngtheJEEPlife
2001 WJ 

So im guessing he put the OAT stuff in there.. I leave for college in two days so this really needs to be straightened out.

EDIT: Well walked out there expecting orange dexcool. Not even. Its green.
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #16415
jrmilks
2000 WJ 

Just got it back after 4 days because it was in the shop getting the transmission rebuilt. First thing my 4-year-old daughter did when I got home with it was insist that I put her car seat back in. How insistent was she? She got my keys and was going to do it herself if I didn't. Man, I'm going to be in trouble in a few years....
jrmilks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #16416
cbailey_21
1999 WJ 

Changed my instrument panel and hvac to cool white LED bulbs
Before

image-1260455284.jpg

After

image-313031108.jpg

image-967766752.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
[QUOTE=smuggler;13038059]Ah yes that is a common Jeep thing, weird noises after wheelin'. This is how you fix it. You have to go wheelin' again, but in reverse. Once you get done the clunk should be gone.[/QUOTE]

MODS: BDS 2" coils, Bilstein 5100 struts, 17"Moab takeoffs, 245/65/17 Hankook Dynapro ATMs, Addco 1" Rear Swaybar, Energy Suspension greasable swaybar bushings, westin tail light guards, Rancho HD Steering stabilizer, Freedom Edition running boards, Spyder Halo Foglights, Rola Vortex roof rack.
cbailey_21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #16417
heffercow
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjryder View Post
ordered spring isolators from kolak. cant wait to put them on.
I know the feeling, but all my my stuff finally came in... sounds great though. which muffler you get?

99 wj limited, 4.7l, 2.5in. rustys springs, pro-comp es9000 shocks, black moabs, 255/70/17 hankook dynapro ATM RF10, still a work in progress

99wj laredo, 4.0l, previous work in progress, now just gathering dust in garage.
heffercow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #16418
jeepster250
1999 WJ 

Week 2 without my wj I am slowly dieing.
jeepster250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #16419
shockracer
14,000' WJ

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbailey_21 View Post
Before

After

Do they dim too?
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #16420
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Before

Attachment 541143

After

Attachment 541144

Attachment 541145

very nice man....wish I could find a way to keep my limited white face gauges but have them look like this at night
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #16421
LilLuKe
2004 WJ 

Sold it ):
LilLuKe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #16422
jeepster250
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Before

After

Nic
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #16423
jeepster250
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLuKe View Post
Sold it ):
Whyyyyyy
Unread 01-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #16424
LilLuKe
2004 WJ 

I'm starting school back and need something a little more highway friendly and wallet friendly sadly. Ill be back in the game before long though. Ill probly still hang out here a little bit and keep trying to help people out.
LilLuKe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #16425
yjryder
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffercow

I know the feeling, but all my my stuff finally came in... sounds great though. which muffler you get?
Umm....... I didn't get a muffler
yjryder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.