Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#21,662 ·
doorjamm said:
For the long arms, those huge washers both go on one side. Noticed you put one on each side. May be different for the short arms and adjustable short arms, but just looking out for you!
Jks calls out one on each side. Didn't know if that would be the same for IRO? I'll give them a call this week to see if they can verify the spacer locations. Thanks!

#21,665 ·
I'm hating my jeep lately. Wired up an override switch/relay for the fan so I'm good until I get the connector fixed, and will leave it there in case it's ever needed again. Also my rear pinion is now leaking. how much I don't know. Leaking axle seal and bearing were fixed, and the ujoint on the rear of the rear driveshaft had to be changed. Now it's losing oil out of the pinion. WTF?. This is on top of my tranny losing fluid still. Think I should check the transfer case while I'm thinking of it to make sure it's not leaking either. FML! Got my lower control arms ordered today at least.

#21,668 ·
Did some more work under the hood today. Cruise control was still a bit finicky so I double-checked the work I did on the vacuum hoses yesterday. I found another cracked hose and fixed it. Cruise control works great now and holds steady for the first time since I bought my WJ in 2008. I ended up replacing/repairing a total of four different spots.

I also did my very first SeaFoam treatment today. With 165,000 miles on the clock, that thing smoked like a bandit. I put about 1/2 a can in the brake booster line, and 1/2 a can in the crank case (1.5oz per quart of oil). I put 1/2 of a second can in the fuel tank. I'm planning on changing my oil tomorrow after I find an excuse to drive 50-100 miles, should be interesting to see what the old oil looks like.

I also cleaned the IAC. I should have taken a picture. It was absolutely disgusting. My Jeep had been revving all over the place at idle (~600 RPM up to 2,200 RPM) and now it idles at a steady 650 RPM. This is the first time I've ever heard it so steady!

#21,669 ·
After reading some of the maintenance threads on here, I've cleaned the TB ( off of the engine) along with the IAC valve, both were nasty. I'm still getting the occasional stumble/ almost stalling out while in gear so I decided to replace the fuel filter before diving too deep into possible causes. After getting a much needed gasoline shower ( good to know that 87 octane still tastes the same...) I got the new one on, started the jeep and had no leaks :D

I decided to cut open the one I took off....:eyebulge: - pretty sure it was the original one from the factory, circa 2003! I don't know how any gas could have flowed through it. Thinking I've 'fixed' my problem I take the jeep for a drive to Chili's for lunch. On the way back to the hut, at a red light, it stumbled again!

#21,670 ·
On my girlfriend's recently purchased '01 WJ.....

Yesterday:
- Changed oil with Mobil 1 filter and synthetic 10-W30
- Replaced headlights with Eagle One housings
- Replaced all front parking and turn signal bulbs
- Installed Philips 9011 HIR's for low/high and fog lights
- Replaced burned out license plate bulb

Today's Agenda:
- Drop xmission pan and use Wix #58843 (spin-on and flat filters, rubber gasket)
- Refill with Valvoline ATF+4
- Weld a drain plug bung in to the stock pan
- Replace rear upper/lower control arm bushings and ball joint (my D44 balljoint press tool and impact gun will work perfectly for the bushings)
- Replace POS Rancho shocks the PO put on with Monroe Reflex

:2thumbsup:

#21,672 ·
Yesterday was a busy day. Put on my ARB 5/8" shackles which I painted orange, put on my JCR stage 2 sliders painted silver, and the JCR window sticker (thinking its a little too "D-baggy" but like the look of it) Also got to do some mild offroading.

Attachments

#21,673 ·
Last week I replaced radiator, thermostat, hoses and clamps. While the radiator is out of my Jeep, I washed the condenser with high-pressure garden water hose (from inside), I can't believe when I saw so much debris came off from the condenser - pebbles, grass, bugs, etc. Now, the engine runs cooler (approx 205 degrees, used to be 210-212) and the A/C runs more colder.

#21,674 ·
Well, managed to replace upper/lower control arm up front along with the bushings except for one. I'll have them replace that one during the much needed alignment. The WJ drives a lot smoother now, not as much sway on the road.

Also tried fixing the creak in my steering by tightening the track bar frame bolt-ended up shearing that one.

One step closer to getting all the creaks and thumps taken care of. If its not one thing, it's five other things...

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

#21,675 ·
wschilawski said:
Well, managed to replace upper/lower control arm up front along with the bushings except for one. I'll have them replace that one during the much needed alignment. The WJ drives a lot smoother now, not as much sway on the road.

Also tried fixing the creak in my steering by tightening the track bar frame bolt-ended up shearing that one.

One step closer to getting all the creaks and thumps taken care of. If its not one thing, it's five other things...

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Yep that's jeep ( just empty every pocket ) lol

#21,676 ·
After reading some of the maintenance threads on here, I've cleaned the TB ( off of the engine) along with the IAC valve, both were nasty. I'm still getting the occasional stumble/ almost stalling out while in gear so I decided to replace the fuel filter before diving too deep into possible causes. After getting a much needed gasoline shower ( good to know that 87 octane still tastes the same...) I got the new one on, started the jeep and had no leaks :D

I decided to cut open the one I took off....:eyebulge: - pretty sure it was the original one from the factory, circa 2003! I don't know how any gas could have flowed through it. Thinking I've 'fixed' my problem I take the jeep for a drive to Chili's for lunch. On the way back to the hut, at a red light, it stumbled again!
Tbps is where I'd look next.

#21,680 ·
4X4COWBOY said:
Yesterday was a busy day. Put on my ARB 5/8" shackles which I painted orange, put on my JCR stage 2 sliders painted silver, and the JCR window sticker (thinking its a little too "D-baggy" but like the look of it) Also got to do some mild offroading.
I like it. I've been looking for a nice windshield sticker for mine but can't decide on anything.