Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#2,122 ·
Had to cut that gd damn pitman arm off I used a 3/4" impact with the SPECIAL puller required by JEEP! 1500 ft/lbs still did not move. so i had to cut it off at the tie rod to get the box out.

OH and i dont think power steering fluid is supposed to be OIL black.

#2,124 ·
Installed my jcr sliders...could not get the front braces that attach to frame on both sides flush gotta call them monday. They look great though overall happy with them.
I put mine on today... what a PITA. the front's on mine wouldn't sit flush either and I striped one of the self tappers out...

Attachments

#2,127 ·
Installed my lights finally! Turned out pretty good. :)

Attachments

#2,128 ·
Are you happy with the sound?
Yes. I thought it would be louder but it is not. I still have my cats on it and it is not much louder than stock.

#2,129 ·
dusted the jeep off, put some air in the tires, and drove it a few miles

discovered the J on the jeep emblems on the hoods is pealing the plastic coat.

Friday night my friend that bought a jeep came by after 3 months of owning it since i had some of his tools. he got into jeeps after i took him on a trail with me. but he picked up a 02 liberty and the inside is small. hes not getting int o offroading since he has no money but i buying crap for it. i think its going to turn out like his last 2 cars (ricer/spickish) and i will be hitting him.

I told him you own a jeep that's you hobby/life now since he said want to get into hiking and skateboarding now. also picked up AAA since he last car what leaving him all over the places but i told him they wont be able to help you since AAA cant go were jeeps go

#2,131 ·
sorry to hear that, but unless your a few feet off the road they cant do much.

thats the only thing scares me about offroading since i have to drive far way to go to the parks. the oil and transmission pan are low and i keep think a rock would get it. i really only doing green and blue but anything can happen.

did you break the DS with the 6" on a rock?

#2,133 ·
Gave my WJ some love today, cleaned it, painted the headlight housings black, as well as the rockers, front valence and rear hitch area. Limited headlights look 10x better than Laredo headlights when blacked out. Thought about taking out the reflector, but it'd just look goofy and I kinda like the orange in there. Looks like I'll need to clean up the headlights again with the polishing kit to make it look really good as I got some of the sticky stuff on the outside. Gonna watch for condensation buildup, if that occurs, I'll take them off, split them apart, and add some more goo.

Next up, de-badge! Thinking about painting my JK's gloss or semi-gloss black.

#2,134 ·
Drove it from OH to WV and back in 6 hours! What did i go and get you wonder? My new 4.7L for my other wj :D It was a great trip and went off without a hitch, the best part was i averaged 18.9mpg on the way down there :thumbsup: If anyone ever wondered to themselves, "will a crate 4.7L will fit in the back of a wj?" It does, and just by a hair!

Attachments

#2,135 ·
I swapped in a zj washer bottle and it went smoothly and works perfect, my wj bottle wasnt messed up (yet) but i had the time and busted it out, used the wj pumps and sensor!

Attachments

#2,136 ·
Got mah mopar hitch on today, it was a complete crapshoot yesterday and I broke 2 bolts but today was much better. I dont have a bezel yet but it actually doesnt look half bad without it. Wiring is in the mail

#2,137 ·
got new exhaust and made a belly skid

#2,139 ·
Got my 8k winch and iceland bumper on finally ,everything hooked up including lights,just got some tweaking to do to get bumper a little higher so that it's right below headlight assembly but at least it's on

Attachments

#2,140 ·
Got my 8k winch and iceland bumper on finally ,everything hooked up including lights,just got some tweaking to do to get bumper a little higher so that it's right below headlight assembly but at least it's on
does you bumper stick out past the fender ?

in the pic it looks flush