Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#21,205 ·
changed the oil and oil filter today. it was cheaper to have someone put valvoline in it than do it myself.

had them check the a/c. they said it has a leak. time for soap water.

wanted to go to the junkyard to buy door clips, an alarm wire to the key lock (caught it in the window when i fixed the door lock linkage), and the door softener hinge thing (it pops everytime i open and close the door because the plastic hinge broke), but i failed to do so.

went to jeep dealer/mechanic to ask him how much it was worth. said it was clean and leather was in good condition but said it was only worth $3500 after a new $400 junkyard transmission because the liberty is more popular with women (even though it blows around in the wind and is more uncomfortable... well, no solid axle to worry about).

#21,210 ·
How do you like the Kolak exhaust? I seem to have lost a little bit of power with the lift and tires and was wondering if the exhaust would help get it back. I don't want to go the Superchips route just yet, unless I can find a cheap one. The Kolak exhaust will most likely be my next addition.
We've the exhaust for 4, maybe 5 years now and really like it. It's held up to our winters and salted roads really well, only the very tip of the tail pipe has some rust on it, which I plan on refinishing this summer.

We went with the 70 Series Flowmaster vs. the Magnaflow since Kolak felt it was a little more tame and comfortable for freeway driving. There is some slight drone, but it's not bad and even on some of our longer road trips its never bothered us or the kids.

I did the install myself, and if you search here you should be able to find the write up, all the pictures should still work too. I did however go back a couple years ago and replace all the u-bolt clamps with some nice stainless steel band clamps as I was having some issues with the muffler shifting and rubbing against the rear bumper cover.

A tuner of some sort is next on the list of upgrades. I'm torn between the Superchips handheld or the Vivid Linq.

#21,211 ·
About to head over to Ntb to have a few things checked. I might have them do my diff fluid change. Living in an apt. I'm not really allowed to do fluid changes in the parking lot. The only downside is, it's so frackin expensive to have a mechanic do it for you. I guess I'll see what kind of gear oil they have and that will help make up my mind

#21,213 ·
Jaketit said:
I joined the 3M carbon fiber wrap club today. I think it looks so much more modern. Pain in The ballzzzzzz though. Especially around the corners. I used the whole roll.
^^^Sweet, Good Work ;)
Now off to do the climate control!!!

On topic: Sparkplugs done today,
cleaned out Airfilter and airfilterbox,,,, ;)
Had a look at the TB, never seen it this clean, AND never had soooo much sand'n dirt in my Airfilter box, hmmmmm,,,, lets see,?,?,?
Guess That this is quite a proof That the WIX filtrates the air 1000XBETTER than the KN Shhhhty let air'n dirt thrue filter i had before.

Attachments

#21,214 ·
MavericG07 said:
About to head over to Ntb to have a few things checked. I might have them do my diff fluid change. Living in an apt. I'm not really allowed to do fluid changes in the parking lot. The only downside is, it's so frackin expensive to have a mechanic do it for you. I guess I'll see what kind of gear oil they have and that will help make up my mind
Walmart parking lot lol Then drop the old
Fluids off at the Walmart shop

#21,215 ·
Walmart parking lot lol Then drop the old
Fluids off at the Walmart shop
Well, it started pouring down rain so I guess I'm not doing anything at all today

#21,216 ·
I guess I'll just scour JF while I wait for the rain to stop. Also, seems like a damn good time to start a 24 marathon

#21,220 ·
Ordered 4 shocks, 1 steering stabilizer and an adjustable trac bar.