What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1016 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 11-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #15226
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineybritelite
Good looking box Tomahawk!
Thanks, it Will be a Nice little (0.75cu ft) power thinghy when finished up, plan to put some carpet on it, driver Face down, can stack Stuff on top if needed, steals very little space of my gargo room.

R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #15227
BlueRidgeWj
2004 WJ 

Put my 2" bb on last week. Now for some some new rubber...decisions decisions
image.jpg  
BlueRidgeWj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #15228
USMCBehrensDVLD
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeWj
Makes me miss the look of the freedom bars a bit, nice WJ btw.
USMCBehrensDVLD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #15229
Shaggs2Dope
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeWj View Post
This will be what I'm getting when my bb gets here. 245/75R16 WARDEN A/T (E) $90 bucks a piece on treadwright.com. Plus shipping and mounting of course.
Unread 11-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #15230
Jeepeiro_fl_usa
2000 WJ 

After oil change to Mobil 1 and running about a week or so there is a noise around head/intake/driver side sounds like a tapping when cold,warm or when step on the gas around 1500 rpm.Changed the spark plugs and still there gonna change the oil to rotella 10w30 and see if the sound goes away,any help will be great.
Jeepeiro_fl_usa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2012, 10:10 PM   #15231
Harriedtwo
2011 JK Wrangler 

I need to replace the front tie rods. I got them disconnected but I'm still trying to separate the tie rod from the bar. Then I need to replace the rear upper control arm (rust & and broken rubber mounts). I need to replace the actuator on the tailgate, then install a new light as shown somewhere else on this forum. Once this is completed, it goes in for an alignment and engine diagnostic to see which catalytic converter is bad or if something else went bad. I have driven the Jeep about 20 miles so far but the repairs come first. I hope to have it ready to roll by mid December so I can take it on a trip -if needed.
Unread 11-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #15232
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harriedtwo View Post
I need to replace the front tie rods. I got them disconnected but I'm still trying to separate the tie rod from the bar.
Just buy a new sleeve (or bar, as you called it). You'll appreciate it later. They're like $30 and you save yourself hours of frustration.
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2012, 10:37 PM   #15233
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepeiro_fl_usa View Post
After oil change to Mobil 1 and running about a week or so there is a noise around head/intake/driver side sounds like a tapping when cold,warm or when step on the gas around 1500 rpm.Changed the spark plugs and still there gonna change the oil to rotella 10w30 and see if the sound goes away,any help will be great.
Mine started doing this after switching from the PO's 10w-30 to my Rotella 5w-40. Roommate assures me the little bit of valvetrain noise is nothing to worry about but it bothers me. Does it by chance sound a bit like a gurgle?

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2012, 12:59 AM   #15234
DanO99WJ

Budget Boost

Today, I installed a Rough Country 2" Budget Boost Kit with shocks, took me about 7hrs without air tools.
imag0265.jpg  
DanO99WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2012, 03:17 AM   #15235
Shaggs2Dope
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harriedtwo View Post
I need to replace the front tie rods. I got them disconnected but I'm still trying to separate the tie rod from the bar. Then I need to replace the rear upper control arm (rust & and broken rubber mounts). I need to replace the actuator on the tailgate, then install a new light as shown somewhere else on this forum. Once this is completed, it goes in for an alignment and engine diagnostic to see which catalytic converter is bad or if something else went bad. I have driven the Jeep about 20 miles so far but the repairs come first. I hope to have it ready to roll by mid December so I can take it on a trip -if needed.

Sent from the dark carnival using my toes and thumbs
Unread 11-29-2012, 03:53 AM   #15236
BlueRidgeWj
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBehrensDVLD View Post
Makes me miss the look of the freedom bars a bit, nice WJ btw.
Thanks USMCBehrens , I think in going to get a set if 245/70/17 bfg all terrains in another month or so. I just worried if anything hits those rails I'm sure they will be toast.
BlueRidgeWj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2012, 06:16 AM   #15237
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Noticed a "bounce" in my rear end when holding my brakes, going about 2 mph and a small hopping vibe at highway speeds.

I'm thinking u joints or wheel hubs. Almost feels like a bent rim.

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2012, 06:27 AM   #15238
USMCBehrensDVLD
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepeiro_fl_usa
Mine always does the tapping when cold too, usually goes away after it gets warm though so I don't think much of it
Unread 11-29-2012, 06:38 AM   #15239
USMCBehrensDVLD
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeWj

Thanks USMCBehrens , I think in going to get a set if 245/70/17 bfg all terrains in another month or so. I just worried if anything hits those rails I'm sure they will be toast.
No problem and they did alright for me just offer no body protection and when you kick up rocks/dirt/ sticks they usually make like "ding" and "dong" sounds from the rails. But yeah if you smash them on a rock they're toast but mine had survived plenty of trips and an off road park before I sold mine

image-2580056239.jpg
Unread 11-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #15240
99Limited
1999 WJ 

Took my front drive shaft out. Got a new one from junkyard from 98. Got to get some yokes now! Good bye reprezza!

image-2050733620.jpg
99Limited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.