What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1000 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 11-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #14986
derekmac

2002 WJ 

I went out with a few Wranglers today, and had a great time. The trip just made me realize how badly I need a lift!

Future: 4" lift and lockers

Build thread.
http://www.gofundme.com/d8jlwo
derekmac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #14987
CoastieShep
2001 WJ 

Dug around under the front end trying to find the little bit of slop in my steering. Looks like it's my steering box, of course.
CoastieShep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #14988
asatxj
2001 WJ 

Plastidipped my grille and the center caps on my XJ wheels. Which do fit by about 1/8" with 1.5" wheel adapters.
ASAT= All Season All Terrain
asatxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #14989
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornelieaz
Broke in my new jeep with a cinder hill climb! Nice view from up here in Flagstaff, AZ.
Is that strawberry crater? Man I miss flagstaff. I used to have so much fun on Mt Elden and "boulder city"

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #14990
WJ-1025
1999 WJ 

Long armed it. Best upgrade ever. Period
WJ-1025 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #14991
hydrilla
2003 WJ 

Yeah, it's possible, I've been looking into this myself. You just need to switch the yokes, which I'm hearing isn't difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurv14 View Post
Question for everyone. I have the 4.7 wj. My front drive shaft is broken. Its CV joint on both ends. Is it possible to switch to u jointed drive shaft? If so is it easy?
hydrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #14992
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Factory system Are killing me by now, cant stand it any more, ordered this to solve the problem:
-4x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS one for each door,
-1x Rockford Fosgate P500-4.

Now to look for a double din GPS mp3 Headunit.
Hmmmm, new projects.
image-509439391.jpg   image-3555345419.jpg  
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #14993
LilLuKe
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk
Factory system Are killing me by now, cant stand it any more, ordered this to solve the problem:
-4x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS one for each door,
-1x Rockford Fosgate P500-4.

Now to look for a double din GPS mp3 Headunit.
Hmmmm, new projects.
What's wrong with the factory infinity sound system? Mine sounds good. I sure wouldn't "upgrade" with more infinity speakers if I were going to upgrade them. The factory Bose system in our audi is by far the best I've heard in any car. Thought about getting those in my wj....IMO.
LilLuKe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2012, 05:12 AM   #14994
asatxj
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLuKe View Post
What's wrong with the factory infinity sound system? Mine sounds good. I sure wouldn't "upgrade" with more infinity speakers if I were going to upgrade them. The factory Bose system in our audi is by far the best I've heard in any car. Thought about getting those in my wj....IMO.
The infinity speakers that are available in Jeeps won't hold a candle to a set of Kappa's. The Infinity systems don't sound much better than the base system, just a little better powered.
If you go to Crutchfield.com they have a project where they took a f150 and did a gradual full system upgrade. At the point where the OEM gear was removed and AM stuff installed the spectrum analysis showed quite a significant improvement. In general, European vehicles have nicer audio systems than American vehicles, particularly German vehicles.
ASAT= All Season All Terrain
asatxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2012, 07:06 AM   #14995
Scurv14
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrilla
Yeah, it's possible, I've been looking into this myself. You just need to switch the yokes, which I'm hearing isn't difficult.
Yeah its impossible time find a driveshaft here anywhere with both ends cv joints. Is it less costly to switch or buy a new shaft?
Scurv14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2012, 07:16 AM   #14996
MattND
2000 WJ 

Just order a new driveshaft from Carolina driveline. It comes with everything you need and you won't have to worry about it again. Will cost you about $400
MattND is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2012, 07:47 AM   #14997
ARdirty
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurv14
Question for everyone. I have the 4.7 wj. My front drive shaft is broken. Its CV joint on both ends. Is it possible to switch to u jointed drive shaft? If so is it easy?
How is it broken? Just a bad joint? You can find a used cv style for parts and swap the joints on to yours. The cv DS from the 4.0 is slightly longer and will not fit, but we can use it for parts. For cv to u-joint swap= you have to swap u joint yokes on the transfercase and differential
ARdirty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #14998
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLuKe

Speaker Membran Are old (13years) and worn, doesnt sound good any more, i really like the sound of Infinity speakers, always did, the kappa series is very Nice speakers. I dont like Bose, but thats just me. The rockford fosgate P500-4 are way more powerful than the factory infinity amp. I Bet that this setup Will outbeat the factory system.

To stay on topic, fixed a Rattle and pulled my blower motor to find one leafe, noe i dont need a new blower motor, regulator module, or anything, noise is now gone
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #14999
Scurv14
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARdirty

How is it broken? Just a bad joint? You can find a used cv style for parts and swap the joints on to yours. The cv DS from the 4.0 is slightly longer and will not fit, but we can use it for parts. For cv to u-joint swap= you have to swap u joint yokes on the transfercase and differential
The end that goes into the tc broke out of the cv joint. The teeth were worn down. Need to replace the whole thing.
Scurv14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #15000
heffercow
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I think i found my problem today

so I replaced the busted ones with these nice new ones

now I should have heat on both sides

also did the tourque delete mod and wired it to a switch under the dash.

99 wj limited, 4.7l, 2.5in. rustys springs, pro-comp es9000 shocks, black moabs, 255/70/17 hankook dynapro ATM RF10, still a work in progress

99wj laredo, 4.0l, previous work in progress, now just gathering dust in garage.
heffercow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.