Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#22,983 ·
This was last Friday, but, put a 2.5" OME lift, with new isolators, on my wife's '04 WJ, alot better ride, no brake dive, and no lean when turning. Didn't know how bad the stock springs were until the swap. Love it so far!!!

Jerry

#22,986 ·
Oh yeah? Where does the rear power harness tie back in?
unfortunately, it runs all the way up to the front where the main line is plugged in at. I found that basically if you have the CD changer you would have the wiring for the power outlet. If you don't have a changer, you won't have the power outlet.

I can get the wire but, I'm sure it will take some time to pull it out properly. It might be easier to run your own line :/

#22,987 ·
Put on the led tails!
Columbus guy, huh? I live down by the river about 45 miles east of Cincinnati. Have you heard of Congressman Steve Stivers? He's my brother-in-law. Nice tail lights, BTW! I just put LED bulbs in my tail lights.
I bought some 9006 bulbs for my fog/driving lights after reading a couple of threads.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

#22,991 ·
unfortunately, it runs all the way up to the front where the main line is plugged in at. I found that basically if you have the CD changer you would have the wiring for the power outlet. If you don't have a changer, you won't have the power outlet.

I can get the wire but, I'm sure it will take some time to pull it out properly. It might be easier to run your own line :/
Def not always the case....mine had never had the CD changer and has the power outlet fitted from new by the factory.

#22,992 ·
alfaitalia said:
Def not always the case....mine had never had the CD changer and has the power outlet fitted from new by the factory.
^^^X2, on topic, helped my ex buy this,,,

99 GC 4.7 Limited QuadraTrack
Graphite Gray Pearl Metallic/Agate interior.
152k km/94k miles
Perfect condition,
Newly service,
Newly repaired whatever needed,
Inspection ok,
No rust,
No shopping bumbs,
Always parked inside,
Cobra 3" OEM grill guard and Rocker guards!!!
Thx previous owner/s ;)

And to top it of we/she got it for a desent price

Attachments

#22,993 ·
rdkendrick said:
Columbus guy, huh? I live down by the river about 45 miles east of Cincinnati. Have you heard of Congressman Steve Stivers? He's my brother-in-law. Nice tail lights, BTW! I just put LED bulbs in my tail lights.
I bought some 9006 bulbs for my fog/driving lights after reading a couple of threads.

Wait... That puts me really stinking close to right across the River from you...

#22,999 ·
A small camping project in the making almost done, finally finished the "rear windows" and now must move on to the front windows to be completed. I learned to sewing machine after about 10 tries.

*I may have to re-size the photographs and uploaded them again, sorry in advance. :eek:
I know a really good canvas/upholstery/awnings guy if you need something like that done.
https://odysseycanvas.com/
Owner is Bob Blom. But, if you like to DIY, then have at it. :)

#23,000 ·
Took the crap driving lights off and then started to use my right angle die grinder on my new to me brush guard. It took the paint off, but not the rust. I'm going to have to step up and use a metal wheel now. I guess I'll be going to the hardware store tomorrow, at least it'll give me something to do tomorrow afternoon. Should look good once I paint it and then the cladding and front and rear bumper covers at the same time with the spray on bedliner. I'll post pictures once I get everything done.
I've heard a bunch of people say many different things about the difficulty level of removing the door cladding. Is it really that hard or bothersome to do? Should I just use newspaper and tape the upper part of the doors off? I'm worried about the paint running if I did that, though. Thanks for the heads up, fellas.