Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#22,841 ·
Pulled the rear bumper cover to clean up some rust, mount a cb antenna, and relocate EVAP components. Ended up just getting the cover off before the profuse sweating drove me indoors. I sweat all day at work. I try not to continue it at home. If my next home has a decent garage it will be air conditioned.

#22,842 ·
#22,843 ·
For any of you guys who have the Ultra Gauge OBD reader, it reads transmission codes. That was nice to find out. Ive had mine for over a year and never knew it could do that.
I was checking for scan tools that will clear airbag codes and reset the light. Autel, OTC, & Maxidiag are the three that I have found that will do it. They are also supposed to read and clear powertrain codes.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

#22,844 ·
I was checking for scan tools that will clear airbag codes and reset the light. Autel, OTC, & Maxidiag are the three that I have found that will do it. They are also supposed to read and clear powertrain codes.

Right, but the Ultra gauge isn't just a scan tool. It has a constant customizable gauge read out for mounting on your windshield.

http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/

#22,846 ·
After getting stuck last night I finally decided to put my new to me double cardan driveshaft in that I've had since December after my reppenza unit bit the dust. Feels good to have 4wd for the first time in almost 8 months.

#22,848 ·
jeepinjeepin said:
Is that a bolt in? Do some WJs have reppenza and some have CV?
My old driveshaft was a reppenza reppenza and no it wasn't bolt in I got the transfer case yoke from kolak and the pinion yoke came off a zj a guy I knew bought for the engine. The driveshaft itself came from a junkyard.

Old driveshaft is on the right new one on the left.

Attachments

#22,850 ·
After getting stuck last night I finally decided to put my new to me double cardan driveshaft in that I've had since December after my reppenza unit bit the dust. Feels good to have 4wd for the first time in almost 8 months.
Did you do that yourself? if so how much fluid did you loose when replacing the seals, if you did.

Bot... Changed my crankshaft position sensor and cam shaft position sensor.

Sent from your back seat!!!

#22,851 ·
Right, but the Ultra gauge isn't just a scan tool. It has a constant customizable gauge read out for mounting on your windshield.

http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/
I just bought the OTC 9450 OBDII Scan Tool, ABS and SRS Code Reader. It is supposed to read and erase SRS and ABS codes. I am going to see if I can diagnose my airbag light with it. If so, I will let you guys know. It was $99 plus shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/OTC-9450-OBDII-Scan-Reader/dp/B004OOJ9RI/ref=cm_sw_em_r_asp_mfTtF.12SB1CC_tt

#22,852 ·
zephyr80 said:
Did you do that yourself? if so how much fluid did you loose when replacing the seals, if you did.
Yes I did it my self but I didn't replace the seals I just zapped it off with an impact gun and put the new yoke on and torqued it to spec. I did have to use a gear puller on the transfer case yoke to get it off because my BFH didn't work on it like it did the pinion yoke.

#22,853 ·
1999wjlimited said:
My old driveshaft was a reppenza reppenza and no it wasn't bolt in I got the transfer case yoke from kolak and the pinion yoke came off a zj a guy I knew bought for the engine. The driveshaft itself came from a junkyard.

Old driveshaft is on the right new one on the left.
So the shaft and axle yoke come from a ZJ and the x-case yoke is from Kolak? Does the x-case yoke from the ZJ not fit?

#22,854 ·
jeepinjeepin said:
So the shaft and axle yoke come from a ZJ and the x-case yoke is from Kolak? Does the x-case yoke from the ZJ not fit?
The shaft came from a wj the only reason I tried the zj axle yoke was because it was free the guy I got the yoke from had already sold the transfer case.

#22,858 ·
#22,860 ·
Did this ! Got fed up with all the scratches in the corners where the PO was not carefull getting stuff in and out of the boot (OK trunk!). Also a small area of paint was lifting so it covered that. Will "black" the rubber bit with something to blend it in a bit better too.

View attachment 644616

And this!, as I alway thought the "diffuser" styled bit should be black and it loses my hitch a bit (visually at least!).

View attachment 644617

Ignore they slightly raggy edges as it was difficult to cut even with a new blade. I have carbon edging pin to finish it but ran out of time as I wanted to take thie pics before the light went.

Will be doing the over rider style bits on the front bumper (Ltd) when I get more time as they seem to have picked up more than there fair share of stone chips. Mocked it on "paint" and I think it will look OK....easy to peel if I dont like it.

Its 3m carbon, exterior grade with the tiny grooves in the back to let the air out so you dont get bubbles even if you apply it dry. Very stretchy so good on the curves.
Today I finished the above like this. Used some edging strip to sharpen up the finish and extended the carbon under the lights to give a more complete look...

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

...and finished the defuser area the same way...

Automotive tire Hood Tire Car Automotive lighting

...then did the front to match.. a cheaper and cooler way (IMO) than a respray (that will never match 10 year old paint anyway) to cover the multitude of stone chips on the "over rider" bits that stick out on a LTD bumper.....

Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

and finished the edges to match the rear.

Attachments