Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#21,247 ·
3mm blue 3.3v LED's. Got a bag off 100 on eBay for 10 bucks.
been wanting to do this for a while now. did you happen to do a write up on the process?

#21,249 ·
been wanting to do this for a while now. did you happen to do a write up on the process?
A bag of 100? do they work in other places in the dub as well?

Edit: i just purchased a xrc 10 comp, and i pieced together a recovery kit off of amazon. I also signed up for the amazon prime trial, so everything will be here Friday!!!!! so excited to mount the bumper and winch.
Sent from your back seat!!!

#21,254 ·
Doing the write up as we speak. I have to retake some of the photos because they were blurry. I will try to have it ready today. The LED's I got I use through out the vehicle. You have to use a 330Ohm resistor with them every places else to handle the 12 Volts. I used them in the dash, console, shift area and every where there was a light bulb.:laugh:

#21,256 ·
:ranton:
yesterday,I got my hydro assist setup in the mail..... Well, half of. It was re-boxed quite nicely, and inside the nice box were a steering gear box and a couple hydraulic hoses that have big gashes in them down to the steel cord. Also the ram, along with the mounting tabs were completely gone. In their place was instead a little note from USPS saying that my item was damaged during shipping and if I had insurance I need to contact them reguarding the matter.... FML! At least it was insured. But now I get to spend my lunch break batteling it out with the post office.

After that I locked my self out of work after putting a new wheel bearing in the silverado, had to wait there for someone to come and let me back in.

Since I had the silverado, my fiance was driving the jeep, no big deal right? Well apparently it was, even though the only place she drove it was around my complex because my daughter wanted a jeep ride. I come home to see it sitting with a nice lean to the passenger rear. Look, and sure enough the tire is completely flat! I go up stairs and ask what she did, "nothing, just drove around why?" FML #2! How the hell do you put a 1/4 in whole between the lugs, on a near new MTR'K? Looks like Ill be ordering another one of those next time I have some spare cash. Ive seen patches do wonderful things, but this is a massive hole!

Well, I sure as hell wasnt going to change a flat tire first thing in the morning, so I decide to tackle it tonight. Of course, my 2 year old (who is sick by the way) wanted to help dad, and of course I let her. I went out to change the tire and everything was going great. That is until she decided she wanted to help dad with the jack, and bent down to grab the handle and didnt realize how close her head was to the steal bumper. BONK! My 2 year old changed her first jeep tire today, and now has a goose egg on her forehead to prove it. FML #3

:rantoff:

#21,257 ·
:ranton:
yesterday,I got my hydro assist setup in the mail..... Well, half of. It was re-boxed quite nicely, and inside the nice box were a steering gear box and a couple hydraulic hoses that have big gashes in them down to the steel cord. Also the ram, along with the mounting tabs were completely gone. In their place was instead a little note from USPS saying that my item was damaged during shipping and if I had insurance I need to contact them reguarding the matter.... FML! At least it was insured. But now I get to spend my lunch break batteling it out with the post office.

After that I locked my self out of work after putting a new wheel bearing in the silverado, had to wait there for someone to come and let me back in.

Since I had the silverado, my fiance was driving the jeep, no big deal right? Well apparently it was, even though the only place she drove it was around my complex because my daughter wanted a jeep ride. I come home to see it sitting with a nice lean to the passenger rear. Look, and sure enough the tire is completely flat! I go up stairs and ask what she did, "nothing, just drove around why?" FML #2! How the hell do you put a 1/4 in whole between the lugs, on a near new MTR'K? Looks like Ill be ordering another one of those next time I have some spare cash. Ive seen patches do wonderful things, but this is a massive hole!

Well, I sure as hell wasnt going to change a flat tire first thing in the morning, so I decide to tackle it tonight. Of course, my 2 year old (who is sick by the way) wanted to help dad, and of course I let her. I went out to change the tire and everything was going great. That is until she decided she wanted to help dad with the jack, and bent down to grab the handle and didnt realize how close her head was to the steal bumper. BONK! My 2 year old changed her first jeep tire today, and now has a goose egg on her forehead to prove it. FML #3

:rantoff:
As long as you could keep your cool with your little girl after all of that happening (to incude the head bonk), you did well my friend!

I hope things are improving for you now.

As far as me... I had surgery on my dominant side scapula on Monday. So, I am currently just living vicariously through all of you and merely gazing at my jeep...

-lance

#21,258 ·
As long as you could keep your cool with your little girl after all of that happening (to incude the head bonk), you did well my friend!

I hope things are improving for you now.

As far as me... I had surgery on my dominant side scapula on Monday. So, I am currently just living vicariously through all of you and merely gazing at my jeep...

-lance
None of it was her fault, even if it was though, I could never be mad at her. The jeep is nothing compared to her. Thanks, Im glad its over.

Get well soon and get back to jeepin! :cheers2:

#21,259 ·
Damn TJSWJ sounds like you need a few cold ones.....bet your daughter won't be so willing to work on the jeep next time...

#21,260 ·
Damn TJSWJ sounds like you need a few cold ones.....bet your daughter won't be so willing to work on the jeep next time...
nah, she's a trooper. If Im home, she wants to be with me. If I go home to another flat tire tonight, she will be there helping me change it.

A few cold ones will be in order for sure.